The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Day two of snowmageddon today and no work for me. Well they are saying they are going to open up the restaurants at the Club at 11:00 but none of the office staff are going in, I for sure am not. My son is home, my husbands home and I am enjoying the day with them.

Donne moi une poptart!

Day two of snowmageddon today and no work for me. Well they are saying they are going to open up the restaurants at the Club at 11:00 but none of the office staff are going in, I for sure am not. My son is home, my husbands home and I am enjoying the day with them.

Very jealous of ya right there. If I was home I'd be destroying some NHL 10 on the ol' xbox, let the ferret free-roam in her playpen, and hot chocolate would be brewing. Instead it just snowed like 6-7 inches and only people who go to school have had the days off here Lol.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Timeline
My wife is away till the end of May for work! So I'm off the hook,lol But i sent her a huge box full of candy/chocolates!!

Wow! Lucky you! :lol: My husband's business trip was postponed. (No, really? lol)

if not just chg the addy to mine--i will be home,lol

:lol:

I think it's so sweet that you guys did that, Flames and Wyatt. And, yes, moving is very stressful. I'm usually pretty good with change but I'm dealing with a lot of other changes going on all around me.... that indirectly affect me..... so I kind of had a meltdown. Not that he's totally innocent, mind you! It was just the straw that broke the camel's back. He handed me the roses and then told me that he had a real estate agent coming the next day. Come ON. Let's have a little communication here. :bonk:

I'm just sad that I missed it!

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Very jealous of ya right there. If I was home I'd be destroying some NHL 10 on the ol' xbox, let the ferret free-roam in her playpen, and hot chocolate would be brewing. Instead it just snowed like 6-7 inches and only people who go to school have had the days off here Lol.

A good way to spend a snow day too.

@ Krikit - hope the move goes a little more smoothly for you. :(

@ Carla - that's so sweet :luv:

A good way to spend a snow day too.

@ Krikit - hope the move goes a little more smoothly for you. :(

@ Carla - that's so sweet :luv:

You're up early! Isn't it 5:30 in Hawaii?

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

Good morning all.

Krikit, I hope the move starts to go better! Bad husband for announcing that the RE agent would be appearing at your door the next day! I probably would have said, no he's not - what's his numberrrrr

Carla, that's so sweet of Gene, hope you two have a wonderful time.

We have virtually no snow here in Canada eh (yes, i'm speaking for all of Canada.), it's sunshiney and we are having a one day chinook on Sunday - I believe it is - high of like 10 degrees.

Come on spring!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Trailmix, you need to take the snow back to Canada :P

We got about 22 inches of snow just yesterday plus approximately 30 from last weekend :P

I just got hired to teach last Monday and Ive basically only worked 3 days bec of all the snow that came... school is closed until next Monday! How is that for a bright new semester?

Carla, that is the sweetest surprise ever! Gene is such a sweetie!

Well I seriously went and shovelled today -- I typically just stand around and take pictures of everyone, but I unearthed or unsnowed the cars and the neighbors' cars just because I needed to be outside and bake in the sun! I did meet my in-laws' neighbors' dog, Bailey. He is the most behave, sweetest, handsomest black lab ever!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

Love those valentine gifts & stories!

Sorry to hear about the fire, Joyce! My parents' business burned down once--I remember it was so devastating, so I can relate.

Then she piped in and said "Yeah. My husband's pretty cheap. He took me to the Dollar Store and told me to pick out the nicest card I could find. Then he told me he meant every word it said and that I could put it back now." OMG. :lol:

Wyatt, I can relate to your wife in an indirect way, lol. I blame hubby for knocking me up, complain daily about my annoying pregnant symptoms (even those WE made the decision to have a baby) and that I'm the only one bearing all the responsibility of being pregnant, blah blah blah... LOL, poor guy puts up with me. I hope I get a box of chocolates at the end of my 9 months!

Krikit, it'll soon be my turn to move! Moving is always stressful.

Congrats, Darkchilde on the new job!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Timeline

Thank you Reven :) I work part time and was super lucky to have such arrangement made way before I moved to the US, and just had to wait for the stooopid EAD for me to sign the contract. Good thing EAD came in just in time!

Wyatt/Krikit: Awww :( Moving is very stressful and fights do happen. Im all moved in to Baltimore now but I still picked several fights with the hubby this week bec of my move. I know, doesnt relate really. But he wanted to move to Baltimore and thus I had to move to Baltimore and the snow in Baltimore made it impossible to live there this week and now Im mad at him for deciding to live there.

... yes, it confuses him too when I explain things...

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline
Thank you Reven :) I work part time and was super lucky to have such arrangement made way before I moved to the US, and just had to wait for the stooopid EAD for me to sign the contract. Good thing EAD came in just in time!

Wyatt/Krikit: Awww :( Moving is very stressful and fights do happen. Im all moved in to Baltimore now but I still picked several fights with the hubby this week bec of my move. I know, doesnt relate really. But he wanted to move to Baltimore and thus I had to move to Baltimore and the snow in Baltimore made it impossible to live there this week and now Im mad at him for deciding to live there.

... yes, it confuses him too when I explain things...

You make me laugh (I mean that in a good way) :lol:

That's an awful lot of snow everyone's getting.

Glad I live in Cali :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
That's an awful lot of snow everyone's getting.

Glad I live in Cali :lol:

Have you experienced an earthquake yet? If not, don't get upset with your husband when he laughs a little bit at your reaction :lol:

Timeline

You make me laugh (I mean that in a good way) :lol:

Aww, Im glad I made you laugh :) I love to make people laugh! :D

Removal of Conditions:

Have you experienced an earthquake yet? If not, don't get upset with your husband when he laughs a little bit at your reaction :lol:

No, I havn't yet actually. I've been here alot too before living here, so I'm surprised I havn't.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Good morning! Well, we were invited out to supper Friday evening by two other couples, and I had to confirm with Gene that this date and time was good. He scrunched up his face and said, no it wasn't good. Hmmpft! Thought, what's bugging him? Phoned the lady back, but there was no other date prior to us leaving on vacation that was good, so we bowed out. Later I asked Gene what wasn't good about Friday, and he claimed that he had to work and didn't want to go out that night for supper after working all day. :blink: Okay! Hmmpft! So later, he gave me a Valentine's Day card, and said, well, you'll have to have this early now...two tickets to the Blues vs Leafs game tomorrow night! So that's why supper wasn't a good idea! He knew of course that we couldn't go to supper given the game, he just didn't know how he was going to let me know why without giving me my gift early. :lol: No matter, I was tickled pink and forgot about the supper soon after. The Leafs are only here once this year, so this is truly a treat!

Enjoy your day!

Awwww Carla, how sweet! I love those little surprises like that. Have a great time!!

I just got hired to teach last Monday and Ive basically only worked 3 days bec of all the snow that came... school is closed until next Monday! How is that for a bright new semester?

Cool about your new job!! Hope you can get to work now! :lol:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.