The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dulles airport received 32.5 inches of snow! And they say anywhere from 10 to 20 more starting today until wed night!! fun fun!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Dulles airport received 32.5 inches of snow! And they say anywhere from 10 to 20 more starting today until wed night!! fun fun!

:hehe: Incredible! Stay safe and warm!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Good morning. :)

Wow. That's a lot of snow for people who don't really get snow. lol. Hmmm. I wonder if my husband's business trip tomorrow will be rescheduled?

Pulled my back a little bit moving things yesterday. Darnit. Luckily, I had purchased some Robaxacet the last time I was home. Going to the chiropractor today.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning everyone! We received about 2 inches of snow last night. I'm not complaining after seeing those pics yesterday though!

Enjoy your day!

Cofee3.jpg

brrrr much needed here. where did that 20 mph wind come from? :protest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Wow. That's a lot of snow for people who don't really get snow. lol. Hmmm. I wonder if my husband's business trip tomorrow will be rescheduled?

Pulled my back a little bit moving things yesterday. Darnit. Luckily, I had purchased some Robaxacet the last time I was home. Going to the chiropractor today.

I always pick up bottle of Robacxacet in Canada fior my inlaws!!

I woudl think airports in the area will be closed tomorrow! I sure would not want to be traveling here!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline

Robaxacet FTW!

I woudl think airports in the area will be closed tomorrow! I sure would not want to be traveling here!!

He'll be travelling to SC. The issue will be with his business associate..... that person is travelling from DC to SC to meet him. If he can't fly out there's probably no use in my husband flying out either. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

Good morning all, hope your back is feeling right as rain soon krikit! That 'moving stuff around' is a bad idea!

32.5 inches of snow!?!? That is a lot of snow by anyones standards.

I need to do a little bit of organizing today. One thing I am going to do, moving wise, but not today - we have around 25 totes and I am going to colour code them according to where I want them placed in the house weeeee

So Google street maps has Singapore on there now, so I was looking at houses I lived in, one looks really good, the other two - not as nice as they used to - so I was wondering, how many times have I moved? I'm going to sit down today and write them all down.

Edited by trailmix

Hi All,

Thanks for the coffee Carla :)

Varba informed me of another impeding storm. Whee!

Also, the scale was VERY mean this morning. I was doing really good last week, I had lost almost 2 lbs. Now it says I gained 3 :( Stupid super bowl

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Yeah, Washington D.C. is still pretty much shut down today...and it looks highly probable that it will be tomorrow, too. When all is said and done, there will have been up to FOUR FEET of snow in a week. According to City of Alexandria's Facebook page, the yearly average for the entire winter is fifteen inches, spread out over months. Getting 50 inches in a week is truly unheard of... I think that would shut down even the hardiest of major cities for awhile.

It's quite ironic that after all these snow days, people are going to get a free day off on Monday!

Also, the scale was VERY mean this morning. I was doing really good last week, I had lost almost 2 lbs. Now it says I gained 3 sad.gif Stupid super bowl

Was it the super bowl of ice cream that did it or the super bowl of guacamole? :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They're closing my work for 1 day for sure, maybe 2. Friends and family back home can laugh all they want, they're still off to work when 10 feet falls... I'll take a snow day over a work day ANY DAY :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
They're closing my work for 1 day for sure, maybe 2. Friends and family back home can laugh all they want, they're still off to work when 10 feet falls... I'll take a snow day over a work day ANY DAY :D

It's supposed to get to 80 here today. I win!!! :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.