Jennifer1

PLEASE! I Need Advice Regarding Fiance's Tourist Visa App. to Visit Me

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone. :star: I'm rather new to the site. I introduced myself in the South Asia regional board a couple days ago. I'm Jenn and my fiance is Yasir.

I'm a USC and my fiance is a citizen of Pakistan. We met online in Feb 2009 and met in person in July 2009. :wub: After much consideration, we decided the best next step is for him to apply for a tourist (B2 I believe) visa so we can spend more time together, he can meet my family and friends, and get acclimated to my area, as he is going to apply for an immigrant visa in the future.

My question is: does anyone have any advice regarding what we need to include with the application forms? He is going to get a letter from his employer and bank records and I'm going to write a letter which details our relationship and why I'm inviting him here. I found a good sample of one online (http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/newshints66.htm), but if anyone has any advice regarding that, too, I would appreciate it. :content:

I googled to get more info on this topic but couldn't find anything too credible. I came across a site that said I, as the USC, should include my bank statements, tax info, and things of that nature, so I am so confused. :unsure:

Thank you so much in advance! (F)

Jenn

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Hello everyone. :star: I'm rather new to the site. I introduced myself in the South Asia regional board a couple days ago. I'm Jenn and my fiance is Yasir.

I'm a USC and my fiance is a citizen of Pakistan. We met online in Feb 2009 and met in person in July 2009. :wub: After much consideration, we decided the best next step is for him to apply for a tourist (B2 I believe) visa so we can spend more time together, he can meet my family and friends, and get acclimated to my area, as he is going to apply for an immigrant visa in the future.

My question is: does anyone have any advice regarding what we need to include with the application forms? He is going to get a letter from his employer and bank records and I'm going to write a letter which details our relationship and why I'm inviting him here. I found a good sample of one online (http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/newshints66.htm), but if anyone has any advice regarding that, too, I would appreciate it. :content:

I googled to get more info on this topic but couldn't find anything too credible. I came across a site that said I, as the USC, should include my bank statements, tax info, and things of that nature, so I am so confused. :unsure:

Thank you so much in advance! (F)

Jenn

Hi Jen,

In my opinion applying for tourist visa would be a waste of money. They wont even let a USC citizen's wife come to visit on tourist visa for most cases. I believe its because you have an implied immigrant intent which is hard to overcome. I would love to hear what other people would say on applying for tourist visa. I am sure more people would be applying for tourist visa than K1/K3/CR-1 etc which take a couple of months to process if it was easy. Keep us updated on how it goes.

9/1/2009: Applied for I-130

9/14/2009: NOA1 for I-130

9/21/2009: NOA1 for I-129F (CSC)

9/25/2009: NOA1 received for I-129F (receipt of mail)

01/08/2010 : Thank you very much Jesus..... NOA 2 129F

01/08/2010 : NOA 2 I-130

01/15/2010 : Embassy gets the approval notice (Awesome..Love K3...so glad we have done K3)

01/20/2010: Embassy schedules interview for K3

02/19/2010: K3 interview over and approved.

[Thank You very much Jesus and our heavenly father.]

Visitor visa from Pakistan?

Your going to have a tough time, from some of the posts I have read here.

What you have listed is a good start to attempt it.

You would probably be better off applying for the K-1 visa to bring him over to the US - since your planning on him immigrating anyway.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i dont want to make u feel bad but simply visitor visa from pakistan is one of the hardest to get......i have family there that have been trying for years.......at any given time you see lines and lines of people almost daily waiting to get into the embassy for visitor visa interview........if they give 15 a day they are very very lucky people ........ as much as i love the usa i have to say that the income that the embassy in pakistan takes in on the supposed visitor visa greatly out weighs the issue of any and that they should be ashamed of them self for giving people false hope that sometimes travel from hundreds of miles away for a interview that has no hope of ever being issued a visa

this is just my opinion

sara

Timeline

Hello Jenn,

I had replied to you when you introduced yourself. As others have said I believe it would be a waste of money. I was living in Pakistan with my husband and my father fall very ill , in which they did not think he would make it. So ... we filed for a visit visa as my dad and I are very close , and I wanted Muhammad to meet him. We had full intentions of returning back to Pakistan.The day of his interview , I was with my husband , they flat out denied him ! I had proof of my dad being ill. They would not even look. All they would say , was for my husband to file for immigrate visa. I'm far from being a visa expert , but I would suggest a fiance visa.

Best wishes to the both of you on your visa journey (F)

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How big a gambler are you? It is a $131 investment along with time spent.... however the odds are against you... but then again so is the powerball and people still do it and hope

YMMV

Timeline

My fiance and I are devastated. :crying: I didn't realize the odds were against us in this situation. I even consulted a lawyer last month ($300!). My fiance and I decided that we'd try for the tourist visa and when we want to do a fiance visa, that we'd hire the attorney to help us in the process.

I am REALLY concerned now because my fiance is DEATHLY afraid of being rejected. He was rejected twice from UK [appealed first one and was accepted for tourist visa and appealed the 2nd, it was rejected again (student visa), but my fiance challenged them and the case is being reviewed again].

When I say he is afraid, I mean that sincerely. He gets depressed over it and starts questioning our relationship and how difficult this situation is.

I need some serious advice now. Should we apply for the fiance visa? I don't want to visit him because of the possible danger for my safety.

The main reason why I wanted him to visit here is so we could spend more time together. We get along extremely well on microphone (like telephone but on the computer) and we did when we met too, but I'm just worried that 'WHAT IF' when we spend more time together, that things go very wrong and we discover we really aren't compatible.

Thank you to those who have and will advise us.

Jenn

Timeline

With fiance visa I believe they give you 90 days and within that 90 days you will have to marry. So ... In that time you can get to know each other better , and he could meet your family. I think fiance visa would be best for the both you.

u9vmq44n58.gif

'It's not how much you give or what you say, it is how much love you give in what you do'

as1czXHFg2B1530MjEyODc2c3wwMDAyNDNsfFNpbmNlIHdlIHdlcmUgbWFycmllZA.gif

Timeline

k-1 is a good way to go, marriage visa would be even better.....but to file direct i believe you have to live there six months.......what ever u decide good luck and i hope that your visa journey is short with out any problems

sara

My fiance and I are devastated. :crying: I didn't realize the odds were against us in this situation. I even consulted a lawyer last month ($300!). My fiance and I decided that we'd try for the tourist visa and when we want to do a fiance visa, that we'd hire the attorney to help us in the process.

I am REALLY concerned now because my fiance is DEATHLY afraid of being rejected. He was rejected twice from UK [appealed first one and was accepted for tourist visa and appealed the 2nd, it was rejected again (student visa), but my fiance challenged them and the case is being reviewed again].

When I say he is afraid, I mean that sincerely. He gets depressed over it and starts questioning our relationship and how difficult this situation is.

I need some serious advice now. Should we apply for the fiance visa? I don't want to visit him because of the possible danger for my safety.

The main reason why I wanted him to visit here is so we could spend more time together. We get along extremely well on microphone (like telephone but on the computer) and we did when we met too, but I'm just worried that 'WHAT IF' when we spend more time together, that things go very wrong and we discover we really aren't compatible.

Thank you to those who have and will advise us.

Jenn

Remember - you have to have met "in person" in the previous 2 years prior to applying for the K-1. (you meet that requirement July 2009) - so I would recommend doing this visa while in this "window"

As others have said, you could do the K-1, then you have 90 days to get married. If your not able to marry in those 90 days, then he can go back home, no harm, no foul.

You can always visit in a different country (not Pakistan) with your family and him (vacation !) - if that is your desire, it doesn't need to be in Pakistan. (these visits also count on the meeting in person requirement btw)

I am sorry to say, this is a long, difficult process to begin with, more so since he is from a MENA country. You can expect longer processing times (AP= additional processing), so you will really need to stick together during it.

If I may ask, why was he rejected from the UK visas? That may affect the K-1 attempt - so you may want to consider that. (if the UK thought he was trying to immigrate, then no issues, for example)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was thinking the same, it is very easy to get a UK Visa compared to the US, so a UK refusal begs questions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

just thought i would chime in. a lawyer is not really needed for a fiance visa unless you have an EXTREMELY difficult case. mine was the most wasted 800 i spent in 2008 and got me no where. if i would have known about visa journey beforehand, i would have never considered hiring one. there are wonderful guides on this website, and wonderful people who are willing to assist in your questions. good luck :star:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline
just thought i would chime in. a lawyer is not really needed for a fiance visa unless you have an EXTREMELY difficult case. mine was the most wasted 800 i spent in 2008 and got me no where. if i would have known about visa journey beforehand, i would have never considered hiring one. there are wonderful guides on this website, and wonderful people who are willing to assist in your questions. good luck :star:

we also had an attorney........come to find out it was worthless anything aggressive for our case had to come from us we filled out the paper work he sent it in.....we are still setting at the embassy PENDING no word from the attorney he has been contacted so many times it became a useless effort.......our case was not really a slam dunk but had it been applied for correctly instead of the way it was i truly believe i would be happily married and expecting my first child by now......he completely ignored the two issues we felt we even needed him for come to find out we could have addressed those two things so easily had we found vj first.........we can not advise u not to get an attorney as we our selfs are not attorneys but we can tell you that everything u will need as long as ur case is not a long complicated case is right here on vj with instructions on how to do it

this is just my opinion

sara

Filed: Other Timeline
My fiance and I are devastated. :crying: I didn't realize the odds were against us in this situation.

Jenn

Jenn . . . seriously, you can't be that naive.

If somebody lives in a country that harbors terrorists (and Pakistan does), or has a name like a terrorist, or looks like a terrorist, or is affiliated in any way shape or form with an organization that is linked to terrorism or preaches hatred against the United States, attempts to get a visitor's visa to the US, he (mostly he, less she) will have a hell of a difficult time. Whether it's Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, or Yemen makes no difference in the eyes of the common people, which includes USCIS employees, very much so.

It's unfortunate that policy this affects some very kind and honest people negatively, but that's just the way it is. Because of one lonely idiot from the Middle East, our Government is about to spend a few gazillon Dollars of our tax payers' money to buy some over-the-top screening machines for airports, instead of hiring some intelligent people for the US intelligence departments, and hundreds of millions of people, including US citizens, have to suffer the consequences because of it. That's just the way the US ticks these days.

It's stupid, non-sensical, in short the American Way of the 21st Century where instilled fear dictates everything and creates boundaries instead of reaching out to others. If I had any say in this, I would eliminate the source of the problem, the imperialistic way the US invades foreign and autonomous countries, to be precise, which creates the hatred against the US as a nation. I would spend the billions of Dollars on schools and hospitals instead of bombs, do positive things instead of bombing them and invading their villages and homes, and the people would love the Americans for it, instead of having it the other way around. But I'm not in charge here, can't even vote . . . yet.

What that means is that you will have to deal with lots of obstacles, many of them invisible, along the journey, and more obstacles once your fiance is settled here. It is not my places to give you relationship advise, but you absolutely must be aware that you've entered a relationship that will be demanding of you. If at all possible, you should try to visit your fiance before taking the next step, if only to get to know him better and get a better "feel" for his culture and way of life.

Best of luck to you.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.