eddie999

THOSE FOR INTERVIEW..

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I don't know if this will create scare or build confidence. Before you were scheduled for interview, medical, etc., everything has been checked/verified and validated already (in U.S. and Philippines) by the NVC in the U.S. and the case has already been marked approved or denied when it reaches the Embassy. It's already a done deal even before the applicant comes for interview. It's just part of the whole process where the c.o. simply wants to personally see you and do his/her last minute check for consistency of info submitted by both of you. As long as there is no problem in all the documents submitted, then there is no reason for denial. It's your petitioner's right to petition you so the nvc can't do anything but to respect the petitioner's rights. You can only expect the worst but ALWAYS be positive and hope for the best. Good luck to all.

I don't know if this will create scare or build confidence. Before you were scheduled for interview, medical, etc., everything has been checked/verified and validated already (in U.S. and Philippines) by the NVC in the U.S. and the case has already been marked approved or denied when it reaches the Embassy. It's already a done deal even before the applicant comes for interview. It's just part of the whole process where the c.o. simply wants to personally see you and do his/her last minute check for consistency of info submitted by both of you. As long as there is no problem in all the documents submitted, then there is no reason for denial. It's your petitioner's right to petition you so the nvc can't do anything but to respect the petitioner's rights. You can only expect the worst but ALWAYS be positive and hope for the best. Good luck to all.

Yes and no. There has recently been what most of us would consider substantial evidence that in many cases the decision has been initially been predetermined as evidenced by the sight of the pink/blue/white slip on the oither side of the window at the interview however it is not a given in all cases. In addition the interview can take it in either direction, more often than not from pink to blue and rarely the other way. However just because you get a blue does not mean you are finished and just because you get a white does not mean your done. We received a white after we were approved but found it was for a error on the consulates part and had nothing to do with us. That led to a blue which I question when I visited the consulate only to find out that it was all an error. We were approved and waited three weeks for them to clear up thier error (the error was in the fingerprinting - the 1st set were not readable but resubmitted and all was good). The problem was they will not tell you this - you have to ask. And they would not tell the beneficiary, I had to go in on the days allowed for US Citizen (this was in Vietnam).

It takes alot more than correct paperwork to get approved - mainly proof proof proof of relationship and knowing about each other and each others families as much as possible. And visit each other as much as possible before and during the process - it helps. You can frontload also- in some cases it has proven helpful but is still no gaurantee.

Try to have a bit more of an open mind. Dont get overly frustrated and dont be afraid to ask questions or fight for what is right!!!! Good Luck to all!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, the petitioner has the right to petition, not the right to a visa. Most visas are denied at the interview stage, not prior.

I don't want this message to lead people to believe that preparation for an interview is not necessary. Some consulates, just like what Bernie C said, are much more difficult than others and preparation is important.

Being confident in the interview is important, and if your case is well prepared and you're in a meaningful relationship, then there should be no issues. However, I've seen visas denied or delayed for ridiculous reasons, even in low fraud countries.

Good luck everyone

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

:o

What if NVC sent approved visa and you were not consistent with the information? :unsure:

06-19-2008 : Filed I-130

06-24-2008 : NOA 1

04-00-2009 : Wife became USC

09-30-2009 : NOA 2

10-19-2009 : Paid AoS bill

10-29-2009 : DS-3032 submitted

10-30-2009 : I-864 submitted

11-14-2009 : IV bill received

11-19-2009 : IV bill paid

11-25-2009 : DS-230 sent (from SA)

12-03-2009 : DS-230 received by NVC

12-13-2009 : Log in failed. Yes!

12-14-2009 :Case complete. Oh yes!

12-15-2009 : Appointment letter received.

01-10-2010 : Medical exam

01-30-2010 : Interview date at US Embassy - Riyadh! Approved!

02-02-2010 : Visa on hand! :)

12-19-2011 : I-751 Receipt Notice

02-08-2012 : Biometrics appointment

:o

What if NVC sent approved visa and you were not consistent with the information? :unsure:

and if u have problems in the medical at slec... :unsure:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

somebody here in VJ whos the beneficiary presented a fake docs @ the interview result: DENIED!

Edited by DianneWalgreens

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Actually, the petitioner has the right to petition, not the right to a visa. Most visas are denied at the interview stage, not prior.

I don't want this message to lead people to believe that preparation for an interview is not necessary. Some consulates, just like what Bernie C said, are much more difficult than others and preparation is important.

Being confident in the interview is important, and if your case is well prepared and you're in a meaningful relationship, then there should be no issues. However, I've seen visas denied or delayed for ridiculous reasons, even in low fraud countries.

Good luck everyone

:thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Triplicate threads transferred from Philippines Forum, from CR-1 forum and from K-3 forum to Embassy and Consulate Discussion as the most appropriate forum, then merged into one thread and duplicate posts removed.

Please do not start duplicate -or more- threads. The discussion gets scattered and becomes less useful for members. Try to find the correct forum and then post the topic just once.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you have any proof to conclude like this? :unsure:

Its quite hard to think, tell, or guess (honestly, I don't even wanna think about it) the things that are happening in the four walls of NVC or USCIS. Even in the respective consulate in the country of the foreign Fiance or Fiancee whether fraud is rampant or not. But the important key is you know that you are in a genuine, loving, meaningful relationship that no matter goes around you know that you can stay up and fight till the end.

I agree to the point that preparing for the Interview or the process after NVC or NO2 is essential and crucial,where the whole process will give you all the benefit to prove that you're relationship is worthy for giving that Visa.

We are all in the roller coaster ride and letting other people losing hope and not trusting the process will not help without a sufficient proof. Whether you have a terrible experience or a speedy process, it's not what matters most but where and how will you start building your life and dreams together with someone you really love and care about most after getting the Visa or not getting the Visa and bridging all the distances and craziness of the world.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

When my Marina had her visa interview (in Moscow) before she even went in a consular officer came out and read a list of names and said they should not even bother coming in.

While she was inside waiting to be interviewed, she heard one person saying that "no, she had not actually met her fiance, but they had talked a lot on the internet...."

another talked about how "he does not have a job right now, but......"

So apparently it is more than possible to show up for a visa interview with no prospect of getting a visa approval.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The visa interview is sometimes no more than a formality and other times something come up in the interview that changes what the Consular officer may have expected to be a visa approval to a visa denial or request for more information. I find the above post useless at best and misleading at worst. Petition approval and all documents in order are both far short of a visa approval. Family based visas hinge on the content and outcome of the visa interview with a Consular officer, regardless of an predisposition that may or may not be evident.

I'm a firm believer that many cases are all but decided before the interview takes place. Even so, the beneficiary can either ace or fail the interview in ways that will reverse any preconceived notions a Consular officer may have. This is particularly evident in K visa cases where affidavits of support are not reviewed prior to the interview.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.