VanessaTony

AOS, EAD & AP from K1 - the Aussie way (doc list included)

543 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

AOS sent in...got texts & emails stating they have it & the NOA1 is on its way..YAY!

Woot! It's all starting now :)

**Edit - :time: . You only filed the I-485? Didn't you file the AP and EAD as well??

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Woot! It's all starting now :)

**Edit - :time: . You only filed the I-485? Didn't you file the AP and EAD as well??

Timeline edited Miss V *giggle*

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

thanks for a great write-up, so this next quote basically means that if we file EAD and AP at the same time with AOS we DO NOT have to send the $300ish fee for the EAD and AP on top of the $1010?

"Also, there is currently only one fee payable, being $1,010.00 for the AOS, EAD & AP. In July 2007 the fee for AOS changed and the rules altered so that if you send the EAD and AP at the same time as AOS (or while it's pending) the fee for EAD and AP are waived. Whether you apply for EAD and AP at the same time as AOS the fee remains the same and whether you think you need them or not, as the fee is waived, it's always better to have than not have, "just in case"."

Edited by Sebas&Lily

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Timeline

thanks for a great write-up, so this next quote basically means that if we file EAD and AP at the same time with AOS we DO NOT have to send the $300ish fee for the EAD and AP on top of the $1010?

"Also, there is currently only one fee payable, being $1,010.00 for the AOS, EAD & AP. In July 2007 the fee for AOS changed and the rules altered so that if you send the EAD and AP at the same time as AOS (or while it's pending) the fee for EAD and AP are waived. Whether you apply for EAD and AP at the same time as AOS the fee remains the same and whether you think you need them or not, as the fee is waived, it's always better to have than not have, "just in case"."

Correct. File them all at once, and just pay the $1010.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Correct. File them all at once, and just pay the $1010.

Great! Thanks!

Edited by Sebas&Lily

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

I lovelovelove this thread.

Just to feel things out about the Advance Parole... I want to go up to Canada in late September to pick up the last of my things/visit with family. I also have my little brother's wedding to attend in August of 2011. I will, of course, note this on the AP forms... Just thinking if a family emergency happens-and it will obviously not be planned/written on these forms-what happens? Do I file and emergency form? haha... For real. Anyways-any and all advice/anecdotes would be nice to hear.

thanks!

xM

Well we got our interview letter today! yay! Its set for August 12th, not to far. Atleast with all the crazy stuff we have for proof, i know we wont fail that! So im saying approval in 4 weeks! Yep staying positive. I feel so much better getting something after the rfe, being on hold like that is such #######! but atleast it was for something simple to get. And the best part is that our case isnt on hold anymore, so ead and ap are back in rotation. fingers crossed we get them soon, but hey its not long for the green card now. Just great having a date to put it to, not knowing is the worst part of this whole process.

So what do you think about what we have so far for proof to take to interview, we currently have.......

Joint bank accounts (3) one here and one in australia...US bank and Bendigo bank. which are one checking and two savings

both our names on lease agreement at our house.

Both our names on cable bill

both our names on cell phone bill

Im going to try to get his name on my car insurance tomorrow... we will see, but not counting that quiet yet.

Wedding album, engagement album, 50 pictures from 3 years of us visiting back and forth between seattle and australia.

1 year of skype texts, and phone call history.

2 years prior to that of cell phone history. ie texts and phone calls.

so do you think that will be enough? Or am I missing anything.

thanks guys for any input.

Jules

Edited by lyekka

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

I lovelovelove this thread.

Just to feel things out about the Advance Parole... I want to go up to Canada in late September to pick up the last of my things/visit with family. I also have my little brother's wedding to attend in August of 2011. I will, of course, note this on the AP forms... Just thinking if a family emergency happens-and it will obviously not be planned/written on these forms-what happens? Do I file and emergency form? haha... For real. Anyways-any and all advice/anecdotes would be nice to hear.

thanks!

xM

I can't find the edit post function-did that vanish? I answered my own question within a few minutes of posting that... I kept the important part un-struck, as it were :D

Well we got our interview letter today! yay! Its set for August 12th, not to far. Atleast with all the crazy stuff we have for proof, i know we wont fail that! So im saying approval in 4 weeks! Yep staying positive. I feel so much better getting something after the rfe, being on hold like that is such #######! but atleast it was for something simple to get. And the best part is that our case isnt on hold anymore, so ead and ap are back in rotation. fingers crossed we get them soon, but hey its not long for the green card now. Just great having a date to put it to, not knowing is the worst part of this whole process.

So what do you think about what we have so far for proof to take to interview, we currently have.......

Joint bank accounts (3) one here and one in australia...US bank and Bendigo bank. which are one checking and two savings

both our names on lease agreement at our house.

Both our names on cable bill

both our names on cell phone bill

Im going to try to get his name on my car insurance tomorrow... we will see, but not counting that quiet yet.

Wedding album, engagement album, 50 pictures from 3 years of us visiting back and forth between seattle and australia.

1 year of skype texts, and phone call history.

2 years prior to that of cell phone history. ie texts and phone calls.

so do you think that will be enough? Or am I missing anything.

thanks guys for any input.

Jules

that should be more than enough! :D

I'm betting the insurance might be a shocker, what we did to stop them treating me like new driver was to get my driving history from VicRoads, think it was $8 and arrived in the mail really fast. hope that helps :) If that does work with your insurance, shop around and find one that will.

Timeline

that should be more than enough! :D

I'm betting the insurance might be a shocker, what we did to stop them treating me like new driver was to get my driving history from VicRoads, think it was $8 and arrived in the mail really fast. hope that helps :) If that does work with your insurance, shop around and find one that will.

that's a really good idea. Thanks Warren :D Luckily though once you're over the age of 25 here in Iowa they treat you like an experienced driver (you know, not like a P plater or something). Luckily as well, I'm over 25. finally my age is paying off :P

I can't find the edit post function-did that vanish? I answered my own question within a few minutes of posting that... I kept the important part un-struck, as it were :D

The edit button "disappears" after 5 minutes. Once you've posted you can't delete it. If you post something you're worried about, you can hit the report button and a mod will be able to hide your post so you don't see it any more.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on your approval Vanessa! Your post has been very helpful in creating my husband's AOS packet which we will mail off today! Yeah! Now to go make photocopies and take the package to the post office!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you're using your mum as a co-sponsor again then yes.

You will also need to make sure that the beneficiary provides W2's and the rest of the required evidence even though they don't meet the financial requirements (I think that's you but I didn't want to confuse you :D)

Here's a small thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229685

A lot of people have been caught thinking that because they don't meet the $$ and have a co-sponsor that they won't need to include the w2's and other financial info and this has resulted in RFE's. So remember PRETEND that there isn't a requirement and fill in all your info like normal, provide proof of income etc etc, and then have you co-sponsor fill it in of course being aware of the $$ limit (so if she doesn't earn enough, her assets will need to be entered to cover the difference)

Hope that makes sense :D

Hi just a quick question, we are going to use my father in law as a Co-sponsor and I know that my husband and father in law need to provide I-184 or affidavit of support, my question is do they to provide a form I-1864A I am so confuse. We are adjusting status ang I am a K1 holder, and I am following your thread and rely on your guide, Thank You!!

Timeline

Hi just a quick question, we are going to use my father in law as a Co-sponsor and I know that my husband and father in law need to provide I-184 or affidavit of support, my question is do they to provide a form I-1864A I am so confuse. We are adjusting status ang I am a K1 holder, and I am following your thread and rely on your guide, Thank You!!

An I-864A is when you live with the co-sponsor. Do you and your husband live with his dad? If not then he will need to complete an I-864. Your husband will also do an i-864. Both will include their financial information (tax returns etc) and if tthey didn't file their tax returns but SHOULD, the will need to do so before sending in the docs. If they applied for an extention, show proof of that. If the didn't need to file taxes (low income etc) then show proof of that.

The edit button "disappears" after 5 minutes. Once you've posted you can't delete it. If you post something you're worried about, you can hit the report button and a mod will be able to hide your post so you don't see it any more.

haha-thank you! and to think, I moderate a board that uses the same format as this one. bah!

I got my I-693 form done, and it's officially signed and sealed as of today. My husband and I are now going by basically your list to a tee. Yay for your list of awesomeness!

That said, I think my only weird thing is doing the letter re: my Advance Parole document.. I stated that we intend to go to Canada to visit family/pick furniture up, followed by my stating that my little brother's wedding is next August (in case things don't happen as quickly as I'd like, thought I'd cover my travel bases...). It's a handwritten letter, signed/dated by me... But I dunno-I just want to know if that's "reason enough"..? I tried, but couldn't find, examples of what people wrote for their Advance Parole stuff. Any good/bad/ugly anecdotes or examples would be nice to see.

Thanks-for the 700th time :)

xM

Timeline

haha-thank you! and to think, I moderate a board that uses the same format as this one. bah!

I got my I-693 form done, and it's officially signed and sealed as of today. My husband and I are now going by basically your list to a tee. Yay for your list of awesomeness!

That said, I think my only weird thing is doing the letter re: my Advance Parole document.. I stated that we intend to go to Canada to visit family/pick furniture up, followed by my stating that my little brother's wedding is next August (in case things don't happen as quickly as I'd like, thought I'd cover my travel bases...). It's a handwritten letter, signed/dated by me... But I dunno-I just want to know if that's "reason enough"..? I tried, but couldn't find, examples of what people wrote for their Advance Parole stuff. Any good/bad/ugly anecdotes or examples would be nice to see.

Well... I have some good news for you re the AP letter... you don't WRITE an AP letter. Your eligibility is based on your application for AOS. If you read the form instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-131instr.pdf specifically page 4 section 1 c. You can see they ask for:

a. for proof of your status, and (this is a photocopy of your K1 visa)

b. explanation of your reasons etc OR (you don't do this because of the "or" and because C applies to you)

c. if applicant for AOS, the receipt of application (when filed WITH the application, no receipt needed)

So my reasons? There were none. My Ap document was completed similar to the example form here: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf except on page 3 I wrote "unknown" for date of travel, and "unknown" for length of trip. (AP approved :D See my "about me" section of my profile to see how long it too 'cause I can't remember :P)

Also out of interest, there's an example "reasons" document that I've now emailed and asked to have removed because it's not needed and having it there is confusing to people and implies it IS needed.

p.s. Happy to help :) I went EXACTLY by my list and was approved without interview and without RFE (the docs have to be complete of course :P)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.