ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Has anyone on the AP list not petitioned for a spousal visas prior to the current case? I am realizing that several of the cases in AP had previous petitions with another spouse. Is this a possible common thread? Not saying this is why everyone is in AP but close to half of those that are in AP had a previous petition that I know of and I am not familiar enough with the rest to know...

:huh:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I had one but before HCMC ever got my petition it passed the 2 year point. I did go ahead and file for a waiver prior to sending in for the visa

For Scott's purposes, that would count. I think he's talking about a previous petition anytime in your life. It's not about IMBRA filing limitations, but whether the consulate is possibly thinking that the petitioner is acting as a portal for immigration. It's a very interesting theory that I hadn't thought of. Maybe they're using the AP time to thoroughly investigate the previous marriage for signs that any fraud may have been involved. They're not just looking for fraudulent beneficiary's, but also for USC's who might be a sucker, a patsy, or a willing accomplice.

Man, Scott's brain just never stops churning over this stuff. :blush:

BTW, the interval that matters for determining whether an IMBRA filing limitation waiver is required is the time between the previous petition approval and the current petition submission. Sounds like you were within two years, so you would have had no choice - your petition wouldn't have been approved if you didn't ask for the waiver.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

BTW, the interval that matters for determining whether an IMBRA filing limitation waiver is required is the time between the previous petition approval and the current petition submission. Sounds like you were within two years, so you would have had no choice - your petition wouldn't have been approved if you didn't ask for the waiver.

It actually came up when John and I were OTP the other day and were discussing Tuan's options... He was doing his second filing and I knew John and Jerome were also and John mentioned that there were others in AP that had filed before.. so a light went off... maybe... hmmmm ....

This is likely not the case in all of those in AP as I assume Huong has not filed before... But if most in AP have filed previously it could be just an extra fraud detection phase that VN is doing.... If there are a bunch of folks in AP that did not file before this could just be one of the factors they used to put the case in AP.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It actually came up when John and I were OTP the other day and were discussing Tuan's options... He was doing his second filing and I knew John and Jerome were also and John mentioned that there were others in AP that had filed before.. so a light went off... maybe... hmmmm ....

This is likely not the case in all of those in AP as I assume Huong has not filed before... But if most in AP have filed previously it could be just an extra fraud detection phase that VN is doing.... If there are a bunch of folks in AP that did not file before this could just be one of the factors they used to put the case in AP.

I think each case is different. Binh said that she saw the pink slip on the paperwork with our case. The CO then asked about my ex wife and when she told him that she was in prison his face went from polite to "#######" he then got up and when he came back the pink was gone and she got a blue. I just think that when Binh told him about my ex wife and what she was in prison for he did not believe her at all, and that is why he asked for proof of where my ex wife currently lives. I am sure when he got the proof he crapped a brick because she did exact ally what Binh told him she did. I think there is to much time wasted on links. The only common thread that you can truly link the blues to is that this is HCMC. If you worry about this and that then you go to the interview scared and not confident, or you load your petition with to much ####### that looks like you are trying to prove something and this sends its own red flag. I have seen un detailed time lines accepted and visa's given. I have seen long timelines accepted and visa's given. When I was there and she was inside turning in evidence I watched a woman go in with a small folder while her family waited outside. The medical folder was bigger than her evidence folder. About a hour later she came out and I was sitting by her family and she showed a pink visa and her Fiancée was not even there. I think she had maybe 5 or 6 photos no time line and about 10 pages of things. I asked her if she had the blue before and she said it was her first time there. SO with that said you can compare every case and if you look at it the right way you can see connections, I just try to let people know coming on this site that each case is different so do not get worried about all the horror stories that go on in this forum. Remember guys, I know you are trying to be prepared, but for the people that come on this site when they see some of these stories they get scared, Binh was one of them, she was so worried because I only had one trip in, and then about the time line as well. Ohh the woman said her Fiancée and her had known each other for about 6 months only before his trip, and he was there for only 4 days with no second trips.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First & Only Husband...First & Only petition... :)

I seriously think my case is just sitting on some empty desk awaiting a CO who probably decided he liked Thailand over Vietnam and decided to leave his post... :P

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

I seriously think my case is just sitting on some empty desk awaiting a CO who probably decided he liked Thailand over Vietnam and decided to leave his post... :P

Or he took the file with him... :whistle:

Jerome, Nobody is panicking.. Actually we are trying to help those that come along after us so they can be better informed... If I was just starting out and saw a bunch of people in AP I would freak out.. But if there was some common thread that did not apply to me, then I would be less stressed... I started this forum to help those that are in AP to get through it easier as a group... and those that are starting to see what they can expect... You have to admit that if you knew why you were in AP it would reduce the stress associated with being in AP...

Only worry now is the storm heading to VN... I know my SO's apt floods easily....

Timeline

No, the file was still there at the embassy when I went by for my visit on 9-9-9...:)

Edited by lindal24

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

Jerome, Nobody is panicking.. Actually we are trying to help those that come along after us so they can be better informed... If I was just starting out and saw a bunch of people in AP I would freak out.. But if there was some common thread that did not apply to me, then I would be less stressed... I started this forum to help those that are in AP to get through it easier as a group... and those that are starting to see what they can expect... You have to admit that if you knew why you were in AP it would reduce the stress associated with being in AP...

Only worry now is the storm heading to VN... I know my SO's apt floods easily....

A few months ago, I was the one who read VJ a lot, not my fiance and I was panicked before my interview. Now, when we have been in AP and experienced our interview, we are happy to help people who will have their interviews in HCMC.

No storm in HCMC, just rainy season and cloudy days.

Binh Le.

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Ummm, I know the rules, that is why I filed the petition, I was just making a statement that I had could have waited just a day or two and not needed to file for the waiver. I just added that part to my post so that other people would know and so that I would not get any backlash with some people thinking I go from one woman dirrectly to the next, or from one denial to the next petition.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

I do admit that it helps knowing that you are not the only one going through this, but if you read my post, you also have to admit if we keep posting horror stories people will get freaked out and scared. That has happened with me and I brought that point up also. But if you currently look at most of the post's in this forum there are more horror stories from regular posters than help going on. When I first got on here there was mostly information and help, people asking for advice and what not. Now we have all these posts about waiting and red flags, and very few questions accept for a massage and a tug and the price of a aircon, then throw in the posts of the wife or fiancée that skipped out on their husband or fiancée. This is becoming more of a chat room than of actually helping anyone. I am sure you have to also admit that. To truly help a person you first have to give them hope, not tell them "HCMC?? ohh you are in for a long road, you wont get pink 99% fail for the visa, and most go in AP for 6 months, and this woman did this and that one did that" Lets keep the hope and help. I might sound crabby, but come on man, look at the other forums out there they are not chat rooms like ours is becoming. I think it is time for all of us to wake up and start asking questions for ourselves and helping those that ask for help instead of having 9 page posts.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Ummm, I know the rules, that is why I filed the petition, I was just making a statement that I had could have waited just a day or two and not needed to file for the waiver. I just added that part to my post so that other people would know and so that I would not get any backlash with some people thinking I go from one woman dirrectly to the next, or from one denial to the next petition.

Jerome

No worries. I know that you know the rules. The way you worded your post gave the impression that asking for the waiver was something you chose to do, rather than something you would have been required to do, given the timeframe. I was trying to clarify what you said, mainly for the benefit of newcomers reading this thread. As you say, we should be trying to help people. :thumbs:

I do admit that it helps knowing that you are not the only one going through this, but if you read my post, you also have to admit if we keep posting horror stories people will get freaked out and scared. That has happened with me and I brought that point up also. But if you currently look at most of the post's in this forum there are more horror stories from regular posters than help going on. When I first got on here there was mostly information and help, people asking for advice and what not. Now we have all these posts about waiting and red flags, and very few questions accept for a massage and a tug and the price of a aircon, then throw in the posts of the wife or fiancée that skipped out on their husband or fiancée. This is becoming more of a chat room than of actually helping anyone. I am sure you have to also admit that. To truly help a person you first have to give them hope, not tell them "HCMC?? ohh you are in for a long road, you wont get pink 99% fail for the visa, and most go in AP for 6 months, and this woman did this and that one did that" Lets keep the hope and help. I might sound crabby, but come on man, look at the other forums out there they are not chat rooms like ours is becoming. I think it is time for all of us to wake up and start asking questions for ourselves and helping those that ask for help instead of having 9 page posts.

Jerome

Frankly, I wish there had been more threads like this when I first started lurking here last December. People were posting about their SO's interview, and listing the interview questions and such, and then ended with "We got a blue slip asking for x, y, and z". After that, a bunch of condolences from other posters, but not much insight into why they got the blue slip. Since I was looking at the possibility of doing this myself, I wanted to know as much as I could, ahead of time, about what to do or not to do in order to improve my own chances of success.

AP cases seem to have increased in HCM. I think it's important to follow this and try to pinpoint why it's happening, especially if there's something that can be done before filing the petition to help improve the odds. That will help newcomers immensely.

I also think it's important to read about the horror stories, even if they aren't extremely common. Nobody wants to think this stuff is going to happen to them, but people needs to go into this with their eyes wide open. Bad things do happen to people. If reading about relationships that have gone horribly wrong helps even one person avoid falling into the same trap, then it's worth it.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Those of us currently in AP at HCMC:

FrednDaoHoney_____________1/?/2009

Lindal24 ___________________7/8/2009

Vi&Art _____________________8/5/2009

JohnCali9 __________________8/6/2009

Ituan ___________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

MichaelAndKha______________8/15/2009

JeromeBinh_________________8/20/2009

ToanTien___________________8/20/2009

Ly Trinh ___________________8/21/2009

Huong and Phung ___________9/8/2009

Please add yourself if you are currently in Administrative Processing "AP" (2nd blue slip).

The initial blue slip (*IF you don't get pink) at the initial interview date IS NOT the same as an AP Blue Slip you get when you submit additional information as indicated on the 1st blue slip from the initial interview. The date listed is the date the 2nd blue slip is received, not necessarily the date that was listed on the 1st blue slip (in case you submitted your requested documents early)

Sample AP Blue Slip:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/...cture1_copy.jpg

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

It is my first petition. I do think that if you petition before and now you're doing another petition, that will put a pretty Red Flag right before the CO eyes. It's doesn't matter how straight forward or how complicate your case is, you still be trial as fraud until proven. This waiting in AP thing is draining me fast and I miss my wife so much but what can I do? Lucky I have VJ to relate to so I don't feel like the world is turning against me. I think this thread is great and eventhough it could make someone scared, it will prepare others for the worse.

+1 for anh Scott.

event.png

Timeline

Huong...have you guys heard anything about your case? Have you been emailing them? Just wondering...you're still early in the AP phase though so don't worry too much...hopefully the additional processing will result in Pink sooner for you than it has in my case! :P

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.