Vi&Art _____________________8/5/2009

JohnCali9 __________________8/6/2009

Ituan ___________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

MichaelAndKha______________8/15/2009

JeromeBinh_________________8/20/2009

ToanTien___________________8/20/2009

Ly Trinh ___________________8/21/2009

Huong and Phung ___________9/8/2009

Please add yourself if you are currently in Administrative Processing "AP" (2nd blue slip).

The initial blue slip (*IF you don't get pink) at the initial interview date IS NOT the same as an AP Blue Slip you get when you submit additional information as indicated on the 1st blue slip from the initial interview. The date listed is the date the 2nd blue slip is received, not necessarily the date that was listed on the 1st blue slip (in case you submitted your requested documents early)

Sample AP Blue Slip:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/...cture1_copy.jpg

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Any news on any of you guys case yet? Those who are in front, did you receive any news? Did you try your congressman to request an update on your case? I think you should because they usually do some goods.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Any news on any of you guys case yet? Those who are in front, did you receive any news? Did you try your congressman to request an update on your case? I think you should because they usually do some goods.

John tried congressman but no real improvement... but thats not to say that it would not help someone else... The catch is the line they have in the website to allow them at least 60 days to handle AP... I would not be surprised if the congressman got a response that said "working on it, please allow us 60 days" ... But at this point anything is worth a shot... Have you emailed the consulate each week?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i'm probably going to give them a call on Sunday evening...or have my husband go out and visit them... :P

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Tell him to buy lunches for everyone at the Consulate ... You know, a little kiss up at this stage won't hurt :devil: ... Nonetheless, I do pray for you guys ... Waiting, like u said, is the hardest part. When we were in AR, our lives almost came to a halt. I remember every time I tried some new restaurants, I always told myself to take my wife there whenever she came over. Everything I did, I thought of her doing it together with me.

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Also, I notice that you live in Houston, don't you? If so, check and see if you are in Congressman Al Green's district? If so, PM me ... His office can move your case along rather quickly depends on how you convenience them. They helped me with my case back then and I am always grateful for that.

Timeline

I'm just glad we live in an age of technology and I can talk to him every night. Of course there's the occasional 2 or 3 or 4am calls, but who doesn't miss their SO when they're this far apart? :P

I live in San Antonio, but I've already contacted my congressman...the case is still being reviewed in the order they were received apparently. :P haha...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline
Tell him to buy lunches for everyone at the Consulate ... You know, a little kiss up at this stage won't hurt :devil: ... Nonetheless, I do pray for you guys ... Waiting, like u said, is the hardest part. When we were in AR, our lives almost came to a halt. I remember every time I tried some new restaurants, I always told myself to take my wife there whenever she came over. Everything I did, I thought of her doing it together with me.

I do that same thing now... It seems like everything I do, I think about the fact that we are missing out on this time together. Boy this bowl of Pho would probably taste better if she was sitting here with me... or catching that fish would have been so much more fun with her here.... Or when I was feeding dolphins yesterday I was imagining what she will say when she experiences it for the first time...

I think if we end up in AR or AP the most difficult part will be the thought of possible denial being that much closer than it was at previous stages... I see the same thought in some of Huongs posts now... As if the process isnt painful enough... that added thought running through the mind even if seldom has to be more painful than all of the other stuff that we could go through in the process combined. The hope and love that we share with our SO's is what its all about and what will get everyone through this stage of the process... Stay strong all AP'ers! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Amen to that, brother Scott. I sure can relate to your sentiments.

When I filed for my wife's K1, I expected from day one our case would face delay and uncertainty due to my previous marriage and the short period of time between the divorce and our engagement. I mean everywhere in my case, red flags were planted like mine field. So I told my wife expect the unexpected. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. But no matter how much we reminded each other of that reality, it was still a drag.

So, beside staying strong, you must not set the expectation too high either. The higher you get, the harder you would fall. I am not trying to scare anyone here but it is better to be that way than living in la-la land thinking you would just cruise through the whole process without even a little bump. With the trend we seeing here at the Consulate, what I said is not too unreasonable at all.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Binh emaile them this time. I have emaild 2 times, each non automated response was a little different. Binh's email was way different, but basically the same. I am still working on the trip to go there again, and if I do we plan on going to the consulate. If I can talk to the CO, I am going to invite him to dinner, and tell him that if he is worried about what it looks like that he can pay for himself! I just want him to know that I want him to be able to see us together so that he can get more infor on our relationship. If I can swing it I will get him to go to Ralfp's place as well :-D Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone. I doubt it will work, but at least if we get denied we can say we truly tried everything humanly possible to give them the proof they wanted that our relationship was and is real.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think everyone probably imagines what most of their daily activities will be like once their fiancee or wife arrives in the US. I work at home, so we're going to be around each other a lot. Many of the things I do will not interest Phuong at all, like debugging a software problem, or working on a circuit design in my shop, but I still daydream about having her around. Like, I'll be in the shop testing circuit boards while my buddy Phong is stuffing circuit boards with components, and I'll imagine Phuong coming in and asking us to take a break for tea. :)

One little daydream I have consistently happens every time I go out and then drive back home. On the way home, I imagine Phuong is sitting beside me, and we're coming home from the airport on her first day in the US. Her kids are sitting in the back of my car, pointing out interesting things to each other and chattering away. I imagine her reaction as we cross the San Mateo bridge, and she looks across the bay to San Francisco and Oakland. I imagine her seeing the town where I live for the first time. I imagine driving down my street, and pulling into my driveway. I imagine the look on her face when I open the door, and there are about 50 of her family and friends waiting to welcome her and her kids to the US. :blush:

I agree with Kevin - it's best to be realistic and not overly optimistic about the initial outcome. I want Phuong to be calm and confident when she goes to the interview. I've told her repeatedly that she's probably going to get a blue slip - nearly everyone does. This is not a problem - it's just part of dealing with the consulate in HCM, and we should expect it. When she walks inside for the interview, she shouldn't think about "passing" the interview. She should constantly remind herself - "This isn't a test. I'm just here to pick up my blue slip, and then we'll go have lunch."

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

An Email recived by someone in AP....

Dear AP Victim:

The beneficiary's file is pending further processing and further review by a consular officer. Case files and any additional documents or information submitted after the interviews are prepared for review based on a first-come, first-reviewed policy. Please note that the beneficiary will experience delays in receiving a response from our office regarding the case due to the large number of cases pending review.

Sincerely,

Information Team

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC

Tel: (84-8) 3520 4200

Fax: (84-8) 3520 4235

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov (regarding visa issues)

acshcmc@state.gov (regarding services for U.S. citizens)

Adoption: HanoiAdoptions@state.gov

This e-mail is UNCLASSIFIED based on the definitions provided in E.O. 12958.

Timeline

in addition to the automated responses, I've also got these two responses from them:

8-12-09

Dear Ms. Le,

Please refer the complete case number HCMXXXXXXXXX in all correspondence when you contact us.

Our records show that a consular officer reviewed the beneficiary’s case on July 8. However, a consular officer determined that the case required further review. Due to the large number of cases to be reviewed and the need to be fair to each applicant, we do not review cases out of sequence except when there is an urgent need to do so. Please be assured that the application and supporting information will be given every consideration consistent with U.S. law and regulations.

While the case is pending review, we do not require any further documents. We will notify the beneficiary once the review is completed.

Sincerely,

Information Team

Consular Section

Tel: (84-8) 3520 4220

9-13-09

Dear Ms. Le:

Thank you for your information. We have joined your information to the beneficiary’s case file.

The beneficiary's file is pending review by a consular officer. The case file and additional information are prepared for review based on a first-come, first-reviewed policy.

Due to the large number of cases to be reviewed and the need to be fair to each applicant, we do not review cases out of sequence except when there is an urgent need to do so. Please be assured that the application and supporting information will be given every consideration consistent with U.S. law and regulations.

We will contact the beneficiary when his case is reviewed.

Sincerely,

Information Team

Consular Section

I read an article here on VJ yesterday and I seriously think my case is sitting on some COs desk...:P

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline
in addition to the automated responses, I've also got these two responses from them:

8-12-09

Dear Ms. Le,

Please refer the complete case number HCMXXXXXXXXX in all correspondence when you contact us.

Our records show that a consular officer reviewed the beneficiary’s case on July 8. However, a consular officer determined that the case required further review. Due to the large number of cases to be reviewed and the need to be fair to each applicant, we do not review cases out of sequence except when there is an urgent need to do so. Please be assured that the application and supporting information will be given every consideration consistent with U.S. law and regulations.

While the case is pending review, we do not require any further documents. We will notify the beneficiary once the review is completed.

Sincerely,

Information Team

Consular Section

Tel: (84-8) 3520 4220

9-13-09

Dear Ms. Le:

Thank you for your information. We have joined your information to the beneficiary’s case file.

The beneficiary's file is pending review by a consular officer. The case file and additional information are prepared for review based on a first-come, first-reviewed policy.

Due to the large number of cases to be reviewed and the need to be fair to each applicant, we do not review cases out of sequence except when there is an urgent need to do so. Please be assured that the application and supporting information will be given every consideration consistent with U.S. law and regulations.

We will contact the beneficiary when his case is reviewed.

Sincerely,

Information Team

Consular Section

I read an article here on VJ yesterday and I seriously think my case is sitting on some COs desk...:P

From the time I first filed for K-129 to the day my Fiancée touched U.S. soil was about 2.5 years that’s, two point five years. During that period of time people pass away, holiday seasons come and go. However, I “dug in” for the long haul. I purchased a computer for my future wife so she did not have to walk to net café in the rain. We chatted via yahoo messenger and web cam daily this was a normal part of our accepted relationship (being apart) I’ve dealt with unreasonable consulate officers findings and overturned them because I was committed to bring my loved one home. I stayed the course and NEVER gave up, never. Once you finally get the pink you suddenly forget all the time that passed and see thing totally different. I was still a bit gun shy that something was going to cause more delays… I changed my mind set when she was at Tan Son Nhat ready to board the plane. This will happen to all of you who are still waiting. If you truly love you’re Fiancée/Wife you will dig in and do the waiting games and know that some day soon you will be together. I did, and we are now preparing for our ten-year green card (Bio) this Friday.

Best of Luck always and hang in there.

Phuong & Don Nicely

Timeline
From the time I first filed for K-129 to the day my Fiancée touched U.S. soil was about 2.5 years that’s, two point five years. During that period of time people pass away, holiday seasons come and go. However, I “dug in” for the long haul. I purchased a computer for my future wife so she did not have to walk to net café in the rain. We chatted via yahoo messenger and web cam daily this was a normal part of our accepted relationship (being apart) I’ve dealt with unreasonable consulate officers findings and overturned them because I was committed to bring my loved one home. I stayed the course and NEVER gave up, never. Once you finally get the pink you suddenly forget all the time that passed and see thing totally different. I was still a bit gun shy that something was going to cause more delays… I changed my mind set when she was at Tan Son Nhat ready to board the plane. This will happen to all of you who are still waiting. If you truly love you’re Fiancée/Wife you will dig in and do the waiting games and know that some day soon you will be together. I did, and we are now preparing for our ten-year green card (Bio) this Friday.

Best of Luck always and hang in there.

Phuong & Don Nicely

Thanks, we're hanging in there...I just wished that they'd just complete the review as quickly as possible. I'm not anticipating the worse, but I'm trying to be as patient as possible. It's hard because they say they are reviewing cases in order, but I know from this forum that is not the actual case... :P

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.