ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When I was talking to Thuy this morning she said the following which threw me for a loop..

I received a phone call with a HCMC # today... I think the consulate... the woman says have you gone to the US yet? she said no.. the woman says she must come to HCMC the first week of sept, next week .. Then she says that the final vaccination is due next month... Until the word vaccination hit me, I was elated.. but then I realized it was only the last round of vaccines and had nothing to do with the final approval from the consulate...

Pending means waiting for someone to pick up the folder and go through it to do whatever investigation is needed.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What do you guys think of this?

I want to send the HCMC monkeys an email every day. And I want to quote them saying that they must reply to each of my requests.

It is my understanding that they have to record every communication, so I want that list to grow every day. The longer our case is in "jail," the longer the list grows.

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Timeline

What do you guys think of this?

I want to send the HCMC monkeys an email every day. And I want to quote them saying that they must reply to each of my requests.

It is my understanding that they have to record every communication, so I want that list to grow every day. The longer our case is in "jail," the longer the list grows.

Poke a dog with a stick every day and you are likely to get Bit in the Azz...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Our case is still at the consulate. I met with my congressional rep on Friday. She's been making inquiries to the consulate for me for some time now. Brought her up to speed on our case and shes going to resend some dox for us and follow up with a phone call. Said she will get back to me next week.

Coolhand, like Scott said, I wouldnt provoke the consulate by emailing them like that. I email them then I follow up after they reply, it amounts to about 2 emails from me and 2 from them a month. Duyen has been going to window B once a month with both of our previous months phone records and chat logs. I hope some of us in AP can add some good news soon.

Frank and Duyen

Edited by Frank and Duyen

Timeline

What if I start writing love emails to them?

I'm thinking of something like this:

Dear Darling,

It's been sooo long since you've held my paperwork in your hands. I miss you so.

Could you please tell me what's in your heart? Do you approve or not? Are you there?

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our case is still at the consulate. I met with my congressional rep on Friday. She's been making inquiries to the consulate for me for some time now. Brought her up to speed on our case and shes going to resend some dox for us and follow up with a phone call. Said she will get back to me next week.

Coolhand, like Scott said, I wouldnt provoke the consulate by emailing them like that. I email them then I follow up after they reply, it amounts to about 2 emails from me and 2 from them a month. Duyen has been going to window B once a month with both of our previous months phone records and chat logs. I hope some of us in AP can add some good news soon.

Frank and Duyen

Frank, this could be some of your problems. Every time you submit more evidence your file then the time starts over, and this can cause delays. I admire your determination, and I dont blame you, because with everything you are submitting if they try to deny you for lack of proving an ongoing relationship then you will be in the same situation I was in and easily able to prove that they knowingly lied in your denial letter. I just wanted to bring this point up, after all you are the one that has to decide what to or not to do, but it could be one of the reasons you have been in ap for so long. Jeorme

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Frank, this could be some of your problems. Every time you submit more evidence your file then the time starts over, and this can cause delays. I admire your determination, and I dont blame you, because with everything you are submitting if they try to deny you for lack of proving an ongoing relationship then you will be in the same situation I was in and easily able to prove that they knowingly lied in your denial letter. I just wanted to bring this point up, after all you are the one that has to decide what to or not to do, but it could be one of the reasons you have been in ap for so long. Jeorme

Jerome, I think you could be right :thumbs:

Timeline

Jerome, I think you could be right :thumbs:

The last I was there the lady said it didnt make it take any longer.. not surprised if she lied to me... its OK for them to lie... or so they think... They Lied to Thuys mom when they called her... straight up lie about who they were and why they called.

Timeline

Xuan Duong Got pink :thumbs::dance:

Congratulations!

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

Which is more frustrating.. not having them do anything day after day.. or getting told , "I see they are working on the case as of today.. I see they entered into the system but cant tell what they did" ugh....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Which is more frustrating.. not having them do anything day after day.. or getting told , "I see they are working on the case as of today.. I see they entered into the system but cant tell what they did" ugh....

Dust rotation. Pick up the file, beat it with a feather duster, scan the bar code, turn it over, put it back. :whistle:

Hang in there, Scott. It will end eventually. (F)

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Dust rotation. Pick up the file, beat it with a feather duster, scan the bar code, turn it over, put it back. :whistle:

Hang in there, Scott. It will end eventually. (F)

I think the new CG has lit a fire aor two and is getting some things done...

Timeline

I think it might be a good time to get my congressman to rattle the monkey's cage once more to see if anything happens. This way, at least new head monkey gets questioned about it. My luck, it's just going to be the outsourced rice-eater who gets the request and then presses a button to send out a canned response. And then my congressman has to mail it to me.

Received.

Timeline

Charles E Bennet is the one that responded each time to my congressman.. He is the Consular Section Chief. He does use some copy paste verbage in his responses.. At the very least its another entry in the case file...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.