ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
We were asked for more info on the first blue. Binh said she had everything in order, and we went through it countless times. They just seemed like they were not interested in any of our evidence. We had the chat log history and the actual chat logs printed out and in each month by its self. They did not even look at chat logs which I thought was bull. Why do people call and spend money on calling when they already are paying for Internet and they both have cams and mic? I know I would rather see who I was talking to than to just hear a voice. We even went as far as to record a screen shot photo of her desk top when any call was over a hour long with video this way they could see the physical yahoo messenger box with a call time and then you could see both her and my web cam on the screen plus what we were talking about up to that point. They did not look at 1 single piece of paper from those. Binh said she saw a pink paper on his stack, but they asked about my ex wife and when Binh said she was in prison they asked why and when Binh answered his face went white and then he came back with a blue a short time later. But if this was the case, when we turned in the requested evidence I had a print screen of my Ex wife's prison photo and location not to mention what she was convicted of along with all the offenses she has had while in prison to back up what Binh said. So I just think they were planning on handing out a blue from the start, but Binh swears there was a pink sheet at the beginning of the interview.

Jerome

What info did they ask for?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
We were asked for more info on the first blue. Binh said she had everything in order, and we went through it countless times. They just seemed like they were not interested in any of our evidence. We had the chat log history and the actual chat logs printed out and in each month by its self. They did not even look at chat logs which I thought was bull. Why do people call and spend money on calling when they already are paying for Internet and they both have cams and mic? I know I would rather see who I was talking to than to just hear a voice. We even went as far as to record a screen shot photo of her desk top when any call was over a hour long with video this way they could see the physical yahoo messenger box with a call time and then you could see both her and my web cam on the screen plus what we were talking about up to that point. They did not look at 1 single piece of paper from those. Binh said she saw a pink paper on his stack, but they asked about my ex wife and when Binh said she was in prison they asked why and when Binh answered his face went white and then he came back with a blue a short time later. But if this was the case, when we turned in the requested evidence I had a print screen of my Ex wife's prison photo and location not to mention what she was convicted of along with all the offenses she has had while in prison to back up what Binh said. So I just think they were planning on handing out a blue from the start, but Binh swears there was a pink sheet at the beginning of the interview.

Jerome

What info did they ask for?

Timeline, list of her relatives, and proof of where my Ex wife currently lives

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline
Timeline, list of her relatives, and proof of where my Ex wife currently lives

Did anyone in HCMC AP get blue on the first go for anything other than these or evidence of bonafide?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Anyone in Hcmc right now? We are going to see the CO on Wednesday 16th. If anyone interested in meeting with the CO or meeting up with us, please come and see us and drop us a PM if you're interested. We might go to Ralph's new Grill that he opened for food afterward.

event.png

Timeline

Has anyone been emailing the consulate weekly to inquire about the current status of the case? John and I talked about this yesterday and it may be advantagous since all communication for a case ends up in the case. At a minimum they will see that you are actively concerned about the case. If I were a co I would not be impressed if there were no inquiries about a case in AP. I know the uscis website says wait 60 days, but why wait. If they have everyone in AP as a ploy to look good at end of fiscal, then we should see some visas after the end of the month.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Has anyone been emailing the consulate weekly to inquire about the current status of the case? John and I talked about this yesterday and it may be advantagous since all communication for a case ends up in the case. At a minimum they will see that you are actively concerned about the case. If I were a co I would not be impressed if there were no inquiries about a case in AP. I know the uscis website says wait 60 days, but why wait. If they have everyone in AP as a ploy to look good at end of fiscal, then we should see some visas after the end of the month.

I have been actively emailing. You get an automated response, but then a follow up, personalized response about 5 days after you send the email. I was told by the CO when I went in that it is adventagous since they see and keep track of the emails you send. When I send emails, I usually try to provide more details or go more in depth about my relationship with my husband, but keeping with a theme. For example, the last email I sent had a theme of the # of vacations and the duration of the vacations that my job has allowed me to take.

I did wait a full month after the 2nd blue slip date, but I don't think that is a big issue or anything. When I was there this past trip, I made a trip to visit a CO, but since I'm no longer there, I'll continue to send weekly emails until we hear something...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

I have been actively emailing. You get an automated response, but then a follow up, personalized response about 5 days after you send the email. I was told by the CO when I went in that it is adventagous since they see and keep track of the emails you send. When I send emails, I usually try to provide more details or go more in depth about my relationship with my husband, but keeping with a theme. For example, the last email I sent had a theme of the # of vacations and the duration of the vacations that my job has allowed me to take.

I did wait a full month after the 2nd blue slip date, but I don't think that is a big issue or anything. When I was there this past trip, I made a trip to visit a CO, but since I'm no longer there, I'll continue to send weekly emails until we hear something...

I have emailed 2 seperate times. Each time I use the email that they replied to this way it gets longer and longer. I also add a bit about what we have done to each email. I am planning on writing another email tomorrow and then I will wait 1 week from their formal reply to email again. It might bug them, but I feel as you do that they will at least see that I am not going to sit by without a fight or argument.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Sorry to hear that nothing positive has happened yet. John was asking me if I had heard anything about you guys lately and I wasnt sure if anything had happened yet... I had not thought about adding info into the emails.... I was just looking at it from the, poking at them regularly, standpoint. Did they call any relatives in your case checking up on details as has been the case with John? He said when he was there that there was a large number of others there in the afternoon to speak to the CO all in the same AP situation... He also noted that there were several others there with blue slip for visitor visa....

I had a group of students come for a ceremony last week... I just found out that of the 50 students .. 21 were denied visas to come to their graduation ceremony in the states... Its not just family visas that are getting slammed... when they say VN is one of the toughest consulates.. its not an exageration...

Timeline

Updated list:

Those in AP at HCMC:

FrednDaoHoney_____________1/?/2009

Lindal24 ___________________7/8/2009

JohnCali9 ___________________8/6/2009

Ituan ______________________8/10/2009 Denied

Vi&Art _____________________8/?/2009

JeromeBinh_________________ 8/20/2009

Ly Trinh ____________________8/21/2009

Huong and Phung ____________9/8/2009

Sad news to report on the AP front.. Ituan just recieved a letter of denial yesterday... I will leave the explanation of the details of the denial to them... if they are in fact working in a FIFO system at the consulate.. that could be good news for Linda and John since they both got AP before Ituan... We are praying for everyone in AP!!!!! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Sorry to hear that nothing positive has happened yet. John was asking me if I had heard anything about you guys lately and I wasnt sure if anything had happened yet... I had not thought about adding info into the emails.... I was just looking at it from the, poking at them regularly, standpoint. Did they call any relatives in your case checking up on details as has been the case with John? He said when he was there that there was a large number of others there in the afternoon to speak to the CO all in the same AP situation... He also noted that there were several others there with blue slip for visitor visa....

I had a group of students come for a ceremony last week... I just found out that of the 50 students .. 21 were denied visas to come to their graduation ceremony in the states... Its not just family visas that are getting slammed... when they say VN is one of the toughest consulates.. its not an exageration...

They have not called any of my relatives, but how would they get the phone number if I didn't give them one?? I gave them my mom's, housemate, and boss's phone numbers and I'm sure they would tell me if they had been contacted. My mom said they have wonders of finding information though, so we'll see...

When I went to visit the CO there were only 6 people there inquiring about their case--3 before me and 2 after me. I waited about 5-10 mins before my number was called. No one who was there to inquire about their case left with any progress approved/denied. There was one guy (I guess for an initial interview) that got a pink slip.

The visitor's visas are processed in a different area of the Consulate--I'm not sure how John noted that there were several others there inquiring about the visitor's visa unless he or they were in the wrong place.

Updated list:

Those in AP at HCMC:

Sad news to report on the AP front.. Ituan just recieved a letter of denial yesterday... I will leave the explanation of the details of the denial to them... if they are in fact working in a FIFO system at the consulate.. that could be good news for Linda and John since they both got AP before Ituan... We are praying for everyone in AP!!!!! :thumbs:

Are the dates you have listed above correct for everyone?? The date you have listed for me is the date that my husband went back the 2nd time (as listed on the blue sheet) to submit the additional items. We waited to submit, whereas, I've heard others submitting before the date on the blue slip. This will affect your FIFO theory...(future CPA)... :) BUT...I do hope that this does mean good news if your data is accurate!! :)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They have not called any of my relatives, but how would they get the phone number if I didn't give them one?? I gave them my mom's, housemate, and boss's phone numbers and I'm sure they would tell me if they had been contacted. My mom said they have wonders of finding information though, so we'll see...

When I went to visit the CO there were only 6 people there inquiring about their case--3 before me and 2 after me. I waited about 5-10 mins before my number was called. No one who was there to inquire about their case left with any progress approved/denied. There was one guy (I guess for an initial interview) that got a pink slip.

The visitor's visas are processed in a different area of the Consulate--I'm not sure how John noted that there were several others there inquiring about the visitor's visa unless he or they were in the wrong place.

Updated list:

Those in AP at HCMC:

Are the dates you have listed above correct for everyone?? The date you have listed for me is the date that my husband went back the 2nd time (as listed on the blue sheet) to submit the additional items. We waited to submit, whereas, I've heard others submitting before the date on the blue slip. This will affect your FIFO theory...(future CPA)... :) BUT...I do hope that this does mean good news if your data is accurate!! :)

Hey

I Was there not only me Tuan and Huong also see that ,i was spoken with them i was see the white slip ,those peoles ask me the question 3 day i was there 95% fail not much pink

John

Timeline

Updated list:

Those in AP at HCMC:

These are the dates that everyone got the AP slip.. that is the date for you isnt it? This is not the initial interview date only how long in AP from the second blue.

Edited by ScottThuy

Timeline

Binh said they have not contacted any of her fairly members yet. I do not know if I will make a 3rd trip or not. I was wanting to surprise her brother to be there for his engagement party but I guess it has been put on hold. I am still fighting work over my shoulder they told me not to go to work until my shoulder was 100% healed, but workers comp wont pay because a doctor did not put me off work, and then my work sent fmla papers for me to sign. I refused that and hopefully my lawyer will be able to either get me to file for unemployment since I am fit for work, just working in pain if my boss said not to come in then it is lay off in my eyes. If I can get the unemployment started I still might be able to get there before I have the shoulder surgery. I want to get there to try and talk to the co, maybe it will help because I will have been there 3 times then. But we just have to see what goes on next week with the lawyer and work.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Updated list:

Those in AP at HCMC:

Hello Scotthuy

i just speak with two guy from Tx that his wife recievered on satday the white slip from HCMC Co that ,he was file Cr1 they are not name in VJ they ask me ,what to do next i told them UNknow let me ask and may ask you guy about that,

one ineterview second time july 9 ,one interview july 15

john

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.