ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

VJ Members currently in AP at HCMC:

• Vi&Art__________________8/5/2009 K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline
  • ToanTien________________8/20/2009 CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline
  • Ly Trinh _________________8/21/2009 CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline
  • Frank And Duyen (effjaye)___10/20/2009 CR1 Visa - First Blue RFE: Timeline

VJ Members who made it out of AP & results:

• Ituan __________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

• Lindal24 ________________7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & List of Relatives

• FrednDaoHoney__________1/17/2009 - 10/15/2009 - 271 days in AP - APPROVED
  • JohnCali9 _______________8/6/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 76 days in AP - APPROVED

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation & Timeline

• MichaelAndKha___________8/15/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline

Reasons for Denial: 1.Inconsistent photos, 2.No engagement ceremony, 3.Lack of marriage ceremony details

• Andy (not a VJ member)____8/17/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

• Minh&Nhan (not a VJ member)__09/07/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 46 days in AP - APPROVED
  • Huong and Phung _________9/8/2009 - 10/27/2009 - 49 days in AP - Denied :crying:

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

• JeromeBinh______________8/20/2009 - 10/28/2009 - 69 days in AP - Denied :crying:

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation, Timeline & List of Relatives

Please add yourself if you are currently in Administrative Processing "AP" (aka the 2nd blue slip).

LindaL24 has a copy of the Blue AP slip, Pink Approval Slip, and US Visa issued by HCMC Consulate under "My Photos"

Edited by lindal24

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

after hearing about these denials i'm really scared. I just bought tickets to vietnam. I'm leaving next week. I'm goiing in at every possibilities to the consulate. Really sad to hear huong and phung and jeromebinh. Keep your heads up and keep on going.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
after hearing about these denials i'm really scared. I just bought tickets to vietnam. I'm leaving next week. I'm goiing in at every possibilities to the consulate. Really sad to hear huong and phung and jeromebinh. Keep your heads up and keep on going.

Hey Toan

good luck dat nhieu ket qua tot dep get pink pink ok

John

Timeline

Thanks and good luck to you. I would not only go there but submit evidence. I think if I had submitted evidence instead of just going there we might have been better off, I did not want to rick getting put back another 90 days if I resubmitted more evidence, so for my error, I now have to do a rebuttal, or move on with our plans in case of a denial. Honestly, I had planned on moving to vietnam, this just makes this decision easier to do. Good luck, once we find out the reasons why they denied, I will post it. I am sure it has to do with me only having one trip, and the fact that they never looked at our chat logs, so I think it will be no proof of on ongoing relationship, then mention that we do not talk on the phone but maybe once a week, even though we chat for at least 1 or more hours every day, and that I only made one trip. I feel a rebuttal should be easy if this is the reasons for denial, they might also throw in that we did not have wedding plans in stone, in which case I can point to our letter that we both signed stating we were getting married within the 90 days and then also add their own words for people to make NO plans until after they receive the visa. i did get a release form today for my senator so they can also make a inquiry which he said he would gladly do for me, so this also helps keep our hopes up, but in any case we know we will be together even if this means selling the house and moving, after surgery we will figure out what we are going to do for sure refile for k1, do a rebuttal, or just wait until we sell the house and I move back and do a cr1. Good luck Toantien. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Toan

good luck dat nhieu ket qua tot dep get pink pink ok

John

Dear scottThuy and all VJer

After a few months of preparations and waiting (AP 67days) , and weeks of sleepless nights, we finally made it! my wife she got Visa, today at 0430pm

I just wanna thank you,Scotthuy and all you guys for all the help and assistance. Foremost, I am sooo grateful to God ( Quan the am Bo Tac)for making this possible for us. Kim Hai and I wouldn't have gone this far without She help. and worth remembering. Had I not only gained friends around, I also find the people inside VJer so accommodating and friendly.

I wishes you best luck like scotthuy,Jimphuong toantien art&vi million good luck to you

and GOOD BYE

JOhncali9

Timeline

Here are the reasons for our denial. Mark Ellis thinks it has something to do with my end and my ex wife history with her being in prison for such a serious crime. he also said our time line was great and the mock interview that he had with binh went well. She was slightly confusing when she talks about my job, but my job is hard to explain to anyone. This is also the feed back from Mark Ellis about my case, if anyone has questions about anything here, pm me, and i can give you answers, or if you need help i will share our experiences with you.

supposedly we had 5 days worth of photos showing we were together.----we had hundreds of photos at the interview and hundreds more now

communication not creditable, our phone records show only short calls, 1 to 3 minutes in length.------we only use phone when INTERNET is down, and to save money we usually simply keep it short and just wait to the next day to chat

I only visited her once and has not been there since December.----------- 3 provable trips total now

we submitted only evidence of a small inconsequential engagement ceremony no American guests.-------there were close to 100 guests, and in photos there were white people, CO never asked her if any of my family came there or not, and never commented on the white people in the photo's

I proposed in a short time of meeting her and had a engagement ceremony shortly after.-----in time line we mentioned that we talked about marriage, but wanted to meet in person to make sure, when I went first time we knew then we were going to be engaged, so we started to plan for Dam Hoi

binh said 3 relatives living in Texas, California, and Ohio, then she submitted evidence of California and Kansas

and supposedly public records show that I live in Kansas-----Old public records show I live in Kansas, never Kansas City where her aunt lives, the relative in Texas would never send any thing to her to show he lived there so we left that one out

unable to prove facts about our wedding, she did not know about estimated costs, or guests---------I did not even know this answer as we only had the date figured out, I have no idea who would come because they say not to plan anything until we have the visa.

they investigated where I live and it shows that I do not live where I live. my passport records from 2007 show I live in Salem Indiana, not campbellsburg, which I did live in Salem when I filed for my passport, They also say that I have a record showing that I lived at my work address, this was because when they sent my passport back someone had to sign for it and I was working 5 days per week so I had them send it to work so I could sign for it.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Free background check on petitioner. The consulate is obviously looking at something on his end. The background check might show us something.

File new K-1 with IMBRA waiver request & full explanation of P’s ex-wife’s incarceration, criminal & marital history. This a K-1 with CSC. There will be no review of this K1. It’s expired, dead, finished.

Another option, if he can get the time off, he can go the marriage route & file an I-130. But the disclosure of information about this K1 application & his ex-wife’s problems is absolutely necessary

CONCLUSIONS:

Chief has signed off on petition return. No turning case around this time at the consulate.

P’s ex-wife is incarcerated. She began her incarceration in February, 1999. She could possibly be released in 2013.

If P has a criminal history, this needs to be disclosed in the new petition package. The conoff focused on the period from 2006. I’m not sure what he was referring to. Apparently P moved from Kansas or Missouri to Indiana.

P submitted a very good time line & his application is pretty well-prepared also. I think problems arose because of he did not disclose his ex-wife’s problems. I don’t know if P has any criminal history. If so, it needs to be disclosed also in the new application.

B speaks excellent English. She was extremely well-prepared for the interviewer’s questions. The only incorrect answer involved the move in 2006.

The couple presented a good case. The consulate was looking at something else. The evidence was not even considered.

B is unclear about his occupation. She says he inspects wood for barrels. But the explanation doesn’t make a lot of sense. Apparently, he is a QC inspector for a company that constructs wooden barrels.

They met on line at saigondarlings.com on 23 May, 2008.

P has made 3 trips as of late October, 2009. (1st trip 18 Dec 2008 – 17 days, 2nd trip – 1 week, 2 August, 2009, 8 October 2009- 20 days.)

P proposed second day after his arrival on 1st trip.

B has family in the US, 2 cousins in California and an aunt in Kansas City.

Despite the proximity, P had never met B’s aunt in KC. Consulate may not believe that they actually met on-line. As of late October, 2009, P has still never met her aunt.

Consulate may also think B would not want to marry a man who has such a dangerous ex-wife.

P raises boxers in his kennel.

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Thanks jerome and jonh and everyone in vj. This site has been very helpful. Good luck with your wife coming to america john. I wish you guys have a wonderful loving life together with a baby a the beginning of the year and the end of the year. :dance: Jerome after reading about your case, I see there is a lot of red flags that made them denied your visa. It sucks, they only look at facts of whats on paper, they can never really understand our true relationship with our love ones. I think the best way to prove a relationship is real or not, is to use a lie detector test. I rather put my hopes on a lie detector test than on the judgement of a human being. I'm really sorry and I can feel the pain of denial, just like the time my wife walks out with the blue, it really hurts, but I had to be strong and let her know that regardless I will not give up hope...good luck! :thumbs:

Timeline

Jerome - is your list of the reasons for denial from the Consulate or from Marc Ellis? If it is from the CO, how were you able to get a response back so quickly? The reason I ask is so that maybe Huong and Phung could do the same thing so they could start working on their rebuttal...

Here are the reasons for our denial. Mark Ellis thinks it has something to do with my end and my ex wife history with her being in prison for such a serious crime. he also said our time line was great and the mock interview that he had with binh went well. She was slightly confusing when she talks about my job, but my job is hard to explain to anyone. This is also the feed back from Mark Ellis about my case, if anyone has questions about anything here, pm me, and i can give you answers, or if you need help i will share our experiences with you.

supposedly we had 5 days worth of photos showing we were together.----we had hundreds of photos at the interview and hundreds more now

communication not creditable, our phone records show only short calls, 1 to 3 minutes in length.------we only use phone when INTERNET is down, and to save money we usually simply keep it short and just wait to the next day to chat

I only visited her once and has not been there since December.----------- 3 provable trips total now

we submitted only evidence of a small inconsequential engagement ceremony no American guests.-------there were close to 100 guests, and in photos there were white people, CO never asked her if any of my family came there or not, and never commented on the white people in the photo's

I proposed in a short time of meeting her and had a engagement ceremony shortly after.-----in time line we mentioned that we talked about marriage, but wanted to meet in person to make sure, when I went first time we knew then we were going to be engaged, so we started to plan for Dam Hoi

binh said 3 relatives living in Texas, California, and Ohio, then she submitted evidence of California and Kansas

and supposedly public records show that I live in Kansas-----Old public records show I live in Kansas, never Kansas City where her aunt lives, the relative in Texas would never send any thing to her to show he lived there so we left that one out

unable to prove facts about our wedding, she did not know about estimated costs, or guests---------I did not even know this answer as we only had the date figured out, I have no idea who would come because they say not to plan anything until we have the visa.

they investigated where I live and it shows that I do not live where I live. my passport records from 2007 show I live in Salem Indiana, not campbellsburg, which I did live in Salem when I filed for my passport, They also say that I have a record showing that I lived at my work address, this was because when they sent my passport back someone had to sign for it and I was working 5 days per week so I had them send it to work so I could sign for it.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Free background check on petitioner. The consulate is obviously looking at something on his end. The background check might show us something.

File new K-1 with IMBRA waiver request & full explanation of P’s ex-wife’s incarceration, criminal & marital history. This a K-1 with CSC. There will be no review of this K1. It’s expired, dead, finished.

Another option, if he can get the time off, he can go the marriage route & file an I-130. But the disclosure of information about this K1 application & his ex-wife’s problems is absolutely necessary

CONCLUSIONS:

Chief has signed off on petition return. No turning case around this time at the consulate.

P’s ex-wife is incarcerated. She began her incarceration in February, 1999. She could possibly be released in 2013.

If P has a criminal history, this needs to be disclosed in the new petition package. The conoff focused on the period from 2006. I’m not sure what he was referring to. Apparently P moved from Kansas or Missouri to Indiana.

P submitted a very good time line & his application is pretty well-prepared also. I think problems arose because of he did not disclose his ex-wife’s problems. I don’t know if P has any criminal history. If so, it needs to be disclosed also in the new application.

B speaks excellent English. She was extremely well-prepared for the interviewer’s questions. The only incorrect answer involved the move in 2006.

The couple presented a good case. The consulate was looking at something else. The evidence was not even considered.

B is unclear about his occupation. She says he inspects wood for barrels. But the explanation doesn’t make a lot of sense. Apparently, he is a QC inspector for a company that constructs wooden barrels.

P has made 3 trips as of late October, 2009. (1st trip 18 Dec 2008 – 17 days, 2nd trip – 1 week, 2 August, 2009, 8 October 2009- 20 days.)

Despite the proximity, P had never met B’s aunt in KC. Consulate may not believe that they actually met on-line. As of late October, 2009, P has still never met her aunt.

Consulate may also think B would not want to marry a man who has such a dangerous ex-wife.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline
Jerome - is your list of the reasons for denial from the Consulate or from Marc Ellis? If it is from the CO, how were you able to get a response back so quickly? The reason I ask is so that maybe Huong and Phung could do the same thing so they could start working on their rebuttal...

RECOMMENDATIONS:

CONCLUSIONS:

It was both, Binh had a interview with Mark and those were comments on what he made, and his recomendations, but what I said for denial was from the consulate. They will mail that denial paper to her so they should have theirs any day

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Thanks Lindal24.

My wife is going to the consulate probably tomorrow to get all the evidence back. Hopefully they give her an explaination for denial. I didn't tell my wife about the news yet because it was her grandma's rememberance day so I didn't want to spoil the environment. She's on her way tomorrow to the consulate and I did silently told her that "anything happen please be calm and ask anh2 to go with you". I didn't mention about the denial. It's gonna be a sad day for her but at least I'm more calm now and I can confort her a little bit. My parents and I are going to visit her on January. Some of my friends probably go there for a visit too. Hopefully this would ease a little bit of the pain.

TO CONSULATE OFFICERS ----->>>> if you're reading this. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR RUIN OUR LIVES AND OUR FUTURE. WE WERE PLANNING SO MUCH TOGETHER TOO. You have a great day now and we will see you again soon, very soon.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

RECOMMENDATIONS:

CONCLUSIONS:

Jerome,

I feel your pain. What happened to you and Binh is what I was affraid of happening to us. I don't mean to poor salt in your wounds but I want to point out so others may learn. From what I understand you visited Binh In Vietnam 2 times that were not in the case record after the interview.

For those reading this, you or your fiance/wife may introduce more evidence/information at anytime through certified mail or in person at the embassy between 1 and 2 everyday or USA petitioners only at 4 to 5pm Tuesday and Wednesday. IF you submit more Information the Consulate must review it and that can extend your time in AP. This can be anything you think is relavent to your case. Chat Logs, Pictures, An explanation letter, Airline tickets, Copy of passport, updated timeline.... If they tell you they don't need it. Tell them you insist it goes into the file for review.

Re- apply for K1. You are more educated now and should be able to overcome the obsticles. If you go CR1 or K3 and fail it will take a very long time to get it back to VN for a second chance. You could go ahead with the marraige requirements and planning if you want while a new K1 application is going through.

Good luck,

Fred

Good luck to all,

Fred

If you can't do what you want to do, do what you can do.

Timeline

RECOMMENDATIONS:

CONCLUSIONS:

Jerome,

I feel your pain. What happened to you and Binh is what I was affraid of happening to us. I don't mean to poor salt in your wounds but I want to point out so others may learn. From what I understand you visited Binh In Vietnam 2 times that were not in the case record after the interview.

For those reading this, you or your fiance/wife may introduce more evidence/information at anytime through certified mail or in person at the embassy between 1 and 2 everyday or USA petitioners only at 4 to 5pm Tuesday and Wednesday. IF you submit more Information the Consulate must review it and that can extend your time in AP. This can be anything you think is relavent to your case. Chat Logs, Pictures, An explanation letter, Airline tickets, Copy of passport, updated timeline.... If they tell you they don't need it. Tell them you insist it goes into the file for review.

Re- apply for K1. You are more educated now and should be able to overcome the obsticles. If you go CR1 or K3 and fail it will take a very long time to get it back to VN for a second chance. You could go ahead with the marraige requirements and planning if you want while a new K1 application is going through.

Good luck,

Fred

Don't worry Fred, it might be salt in my wounds, but people do need to read this, and it is true, very true. If you have filed any petition, and go back for a visit, do not go to the consulate and just ask about your case. Submit evidence, even if it is just a copy of your passport with the new visa stamp on it, i did not want to risk more AP. I stand by my decision, with no regrets. With the current state of the American economy and with me going in for surgery this might have actually been a blessing. We will do a rebuttal when it gets back to the USA, this is just to clear our names from any fraud labeling, we are not going to refile, I am making plans after surgery and recovery to move to Vietnam. My ultimate goal, has and always will be to be with Binh, not just to get Binh to America. I really don't care any more, i would like for her to be able to visit my mother and family, but most importantly I want to be with her. Good luck to all and god bless you as well. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Any updates from Vi&Art, ToanTien, or LyTrinh?

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

I'm going back to vietnam on the 4th. My wife spoke with lytrinh and she told me he got denied. :wow::help: This is getting crazy guys. I dont'' know what's going on at the consulate. I just got back from vietnam on the 23rd of september now i'm going back again next week, i hope this will let them know that i'm no fraud. I'll update if anything goes.

Timeline
I'm going back to vietnam on the 4th. My wife spoke with lytrinh and she told me he got denied. :wow::help: This is getting crazy guys. I dont'' know what's going on at the consulate. I just got back from vietnam on the 23rd of september now i'm going back again next week, i hope this will let them know that i'm no fraud. I'll update if anything goes.

Try to see the CO and submit additional evidence--flight stubs, letters, whatever...We'd like to see another approval!

...this forum's starting to become like the grim reaper... :(

GOODLUCK!!

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.