ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
If you want to see whats in the mind of the CO the following link is a good article

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2009,0218-seminara.shtm

A good article, but I must say that I really disagree with the authors idea on K-1 visas being abolished. I truly think they should do more interviews with both the USC as well as the SO to get a better picture of the relationship and avoid the AP BS.... I am a firm believer in the idea.... "why put off for tomorrow what you can do today?" If they have both parties there, why not do the interview of both parties and get a good idea of what the deal is and get it approved or denied in one day.... it really amazes me that the USC is not welcome into the consulate (A US refuge abroad) when the case is being evaluated... they must wait accross the street. That truly makes no sense.... its like reading a book and one of the important chapters, or a few pages from each chapter, is on a table accross the room and wont be read.... the full story cant be known... if they truly go by the ideology that "if the usc believes it, then it is real" why not bring us into the loop?

I agree with you Scott, I also feel that if the sponser is not there that they should have some sort of interview in the states before the fiancee's view and then let the person over here doing the interview send his/her opnions or transcripts over there for the Co in HCMC. This way they would at least get to hear both sides.

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline
Updated list:

Those in AP at HCMC:

FrednDaoHoney_____________1/?/2009

Lindal24 ___________________7/8/2009

JohnCali9 ___________________8/6/2009

Ituan ______________________8/10/2009

Vi&Art _____________________8/?/2009

JeromeBinh_________________ 8/20/2009

Ly Trinh ____________________8/21/2009

Huong and Phung ____________9/8/2009

Anyone see the trend here? July seems to have been a bad time to interview for many. Based on the completed timelines Everyone that interviewed after Jerome is approved except Huong and Josephs, but Josephs had the medical issue and were given a blue requesting medical..likely a pink when medical is provided.

Yeah I know that is why i wish there was something we could do, or say or even explain our thoughts about this to. I know it looks strange and I am sure that in the same month of July there were many pinks. Binh even said as much, but it still does not make any of us that got the blue feel better. I just wish we could at least complain to someone if not to get anything changed to at least vent to someone that we would feel could do something. You know what I mean?

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This could just be an end f fiscal year show of force to look like they are doing more on paper.... they could just be doing it through the end of this month to show a larger number of AP's on paper for the end of fiscal report.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

This could just be an end f fiscal year show of force to look like they are doing more on paper.... they could just be doing it through the end of this month to show a larger number of AP's on paper for the end of fiscal report.

You think they have to meet some kind of quota? Man if they do than that really sucks....

mrc2pmh1445.gif

Filed: Timeline

im curious of those are in ap in hcmc are of different ethnicity other than vietnamese. circumstancial wise, people i've talked to are having a pretty smooth ride. aka parents of beneficiary and petitioner knows each other back in the old days so they bring the petitioner to vietnam and look for a wife/husband.

5/18/2008 - Went to Vietnam for first time with brother

5/25/2008 - Cousin intro Tu, asked for number, began relationship, many phone calls, letters, emails

6/20/2009 - Went to Vietnam for sec time with dad

7/27/2009 - Dam Hoi, received marriage certificate, went to many places for vacation

6/4/2010 - Vietnam for third time with mother

6/19/2010 - Got married, went to many places for vacation

7/3/2010 - Mail out I-130

Timeline

You think they have to meet some kind of quota? Man if they do than that really sucks....

I think anything is possible when it comes to the government and end of year reports.... If they have money left over on sept 1 they piss it all away before the end of the month... and say they barely made it through the year on what was budgeted. If they are a high fraud consulate it would make them look better if the end of year report had a large number of people in AP. It would show how hard they were working all year long... :rofl: it could be a way for them to say hey we need more people and money to get through all of these AP's.. bump the budget and then pass the AP's.... anyone need a raise or overtime?

I think this is why VSC has sped up the approvals in recent weeks as well.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Could also be that many of the regular CO's are on holiday, and the temps have been told "When in doubt, put them in AP and wait for the regular CO to come back and make a decision". :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Or as they have done before they stopped issuing visa' because of a investigation of a large fraud ring.

Also I noticed many timelines being prepared here by people that were large enough to read like a novel and maybe they needed time to read them. Some people are slow readers. How can I get away with a one page timeline and others need 15 plus pages?

But we can all keep coming up with all kinds of scenarios. I personally would like to know what people are Catholic or Buddhist and if that makes a difference or easier to get a pink or blue.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Since there are so many stuck in HCMC AP it may be helpful to have a discussion to let everyone know were they are in relation to others in the same situation….

Those in AP at HCMC:

Lindal24 7/8/2009

JohnCali 8/6/2009

Ituan 8/10/2009

JeromeBinh 8/20/2009

Ly Trinh 8/21/2009

Huong and Phung 9/8/2009

Michaelandluyen ?

Han & James ? no word since 7/6 interview…..

Let the others there know what you have heard since the blue slip and this way it may not be such a painful wait.... there are at least 6 couples in the same boat at the moment....

hello Scottthuy

i just come back from vn

i was come to See the CO and speak to them ,not help i sit there see a bout 95% people get Blue slip and ,before i go home to State come se them again ask the Co when my case process ,now this week i see a lot poeple got pink for interview second and AP the consideration now me Ituan there

i just come back from vn

i was come to See the CO and speak to them ,not help i sit there see a bout 95% people get Blue slip and ,before i go home to State come se them again ask the Co when my case process ,now this week i see a lot poeple got pink for interview second and AP the consideration now me Ituan there

What's up anh John! I guess ur back to the States. Anyway, we tried to call you to see if you wanna come out and meet us on the day that i went to turn in the documents but you didn't answer your phone. It was a long wait so I don't think you wanna spend the whole day with me. Anyway, guess you haven't heard anything about your case yet then huh? Was planning to go see the CO but I don't know if I should anymore since they're haven't given you or any Tuan an answer yet and you guys were way before me. I don't know yet, still debating on whether or not I should meet with them.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I don't know yet, still debating on whether or not I should meet with them.

It is a good idea to meet with the Consular Officer. I went in and met with them when I was there in VN. I probably should have done it when I first got there and then went back every week. The officer I talked to said that if I were persistent, visiting them and sending them weekly emails, it gives them sign that I am genuinely active and interested in my case. Since my visit, I have sent them a thank you letter for meeting with me and have begun sending them weekly emails requesting an update on the status of our case.

When I did go in to talk to the CO, he said the original officer was on leave - he'd gone to Thailand because his wife was giving birth. A little TMI, but maybe someone else go the same officer?

But we can all keep coming up with all kinds of scenarios. I personally would like to know what people are Catholic or Buddhist and if that makes a difference or easier to get a pink or blue.

My husband and I are both Catholics, we haven't seen the pink yet, but haven't given up hope....

Edited by lindal24

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline
im curious of those are in ap in hcmc are of different ethnicity other than vietnamese. circumstancial wise, people i've talked to are having a pretty smooth ride. aka parents of beneficiary and petitioner knows each other back in the old days so they bring the petitioner to vietnam and look for a wife/husband.

My husband and I are both Vietnamese. I am 90% fluent in Vietnamese, he is 25% in English. We communicate in Vietnamese. Our families did not know each other prior to us meeting. I met him when I went on vacation with my family...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline
Anyway, now I'm in a mad scramble trying to get the house ready. My little workshop has to be converted back into a bedroom, like it was when I bought the house. My workshop is going into the garage, which currently looks like a warehouse full of stuff. There's a 14 foot dumpster on the street in front of my house that I rented to clear out the garage. It's minor pandemonium around here, but I'm loving it! :blush:

I haven't even told my boss that I'm going to need another couple of weeks vacation in a couple of months... :whistle:

I felt the same way when my husband's interview came up. He got the blue and I went back (4 weeks) with anticipation that he'd get the pink since he submitted the requested info...NOPE...still waiting. I don't know if I'll have a job if I do take another few weeks of vacation, but at this point, I'm ready to sell my house here in the states and move over there already... :o(

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline
Or as they have done before they stopped issuing visa' because of a investigation of a large fraud ring.

Also I noticed many timelines being prepared here by people that were large enough to read like a novel and maybe they needed time to read them. Some people are slow readers. How can I get away with a one page timeline and others need 15 plus pages?

So far it seems like it was limited to July for the most part... there were several others here since that got pink... we should be seeing a bunch of people going for interviews in the coming weeks.... I dont see them scheduled, but as long as they are not hung up in NVC AP they should be getting appointmnents... There are actually a bunch of people here that are already into the consulate phase or have just started the consulate phase.. we can only wait and see if they start getting pinks or blues again...

I feel like an author that is preparing a newly written book to go to the publisher... in recent days I have spent so much time organizing the paperwork to go to the interview.... I want to have it laid out in a manner that makes it very easy for the CO to navigate and provides everything that they need, to avoid a request for additional info. I think i am on track with that.

For those that are in AP, do you think the quality or organization of your paperwork had any impact on the process? Was everyone in AP asked for additional info in an initial blue slip?

Timeline

So far it seems like it was limited to July for the most part... there were several others here since that got pink... we should be seeing a bunch of people going for interviews in the coming weeks.... I don't see them scheduled, but as long as they are not hung up in NVC AP they should be getting appointmnents... There are actually a bunch of people here that are already into the consulate phase or have just started the consulate phase.. we can only wait and see if they start getting pinks or blues again...

I feel like an author that is preparing a newly written book to go to the publisher... in recent days I have spent so much time organizing the paperwork to go to the interview.... I want to have it laid out in a manner that makes it very easy for the CO to navigate and provides everything that they need, to avoid a request for additional info. I think i am on track with that.

For those that are in AP, do you think the quality or organization of your paperwork had any impact on the process? Was everyone in AP asked for additional info in an initial blue slip?

We were asked for more info on the first blue. Binh said she had everything in order, and we went through it countless times. They just seemed like they were not interested in any of our evidence. We had the chat log history and the actual chat logs printed out and in each month by its self. They did not even look at chat logs which I thought was bull. Why do people call and spend money on calling when they already are paying for Internet and they both have cams and mic? I know I would rather see who I was talking to than to just hear a voice. We even went as far as to record a screen shot photo of her desk top when any call was over a hour long with video this way they could see the physical yahoo messenger box with a call time and then you could see both her and my web cam on the screen plus what we were talking about up to that point. They did not look at 1 single piece of paper from those. Binh said she saw a pink paper on his stack, but they asked about my ex wife and when Binh said she was in prison they asked why and when Binh answered his face went white and then he came back with a blue a short time later. But if this was the case, when we turned in the requested evidence I had a print screen of my Ex wife's prison photo and location not to mention what she was convicted of along with all the offenses she has had while in prison to back up what Binh said. So I just think they were planning on handing out a blue from the start, but Binh swears there was a pink sheet at the beginning of the interview.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.