ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
So my husband will be picking up his visa tomorrow (10/14) and I know the visa is good for 6 months after it is issued, but after that point, does it expire for good and we just have to reapply all over again? Is there a waiver or an extension that we can file to change the date on the visa?

Is he planning to stay in vietnam more than 6 months? If not then you don't have to worry about it. CONGRATS!!! :thumbs::star::thumbs::dance:

And to answer that question, yea it does expire and you'll have to start all over again, so tell your husband to GET OUT OF THERE! hehe :dance:

Not totally correct.. It expires after 6 months.. but an extension can be granted by the consulate. We all know how friendly they are there so not a good idea to risk it...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Those of us currently in AP at HCMC:

FrednDaoHoney_____________1/17/2009

Vi&Art _____________________8/5/2009

JohnCali9 __________________8/6/2009

MichaelAndKha______________8/15/2009

JeromeBinh_________________8/20/2009

ToanTien___________________8/20/2009

Ly Trinh ___________________8/21/2009

Huong and Phung ___________9/8/2009

Those who are out of AP w/ results:

Ituan ___________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

Lindal24 ________________7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

Please add yourself if you are currently in Administrative Processing "AP" (2nd blue slip).

The initial blue slip (*IF you don't get pink) at the initial interview date IS NOT the same as an AP Blue Slip you get when you submit additional information as indicated on the 1st blue slip from the initial interview. The date listed is the date the 2nd blue slip is received, not necessarily the date that was listed on the 1st blue slip (in case you submitted your requested documents early)

Sample AP Blue Slip:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/...cture1_copy.jpg

Also to others about to go through the process and/or interview please do not fret so much. Just do the best one can is all that one can do. I had quite a few red flags and even had a few send me messages saying how I was going to be in AP and I screwed up something and I still got a pink and really in a decent time. Others have to so just because there are quite a few here in AP does not mean everyone will be in AP or even a majority.

We discuss this because we are trying to figure out the whys and therefores and to help others. It is good to discuss this stuff.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please add yourself if you are currently in Administrative Processing "AP" (2nd blue slip).

The initial blue slip (*IF you don't get pink) at the initial interview date IS NOT the same as an AP Blue Slip you get when you submit additional information as indicated on the 1st blue slip from the initial interview. The date listed is the date the 2nd blue slip is received, not necessarily the date that was listed on the 1st blue slip (in case you submitted your requested documents early)

Sample AP Blue Slip:

Also to others about to go through the process and/or interview please do not fret so much. Just do the best one can is all that one can do. I had quite a few red flags and even had a few send me messages saying how I was going to be in AP and I screwed up something and I still got a pink and really in a decent time. Others have to so just because there are quite a few here in AP does not mean everyone will be in AP or even a majority.

We discuss this because we are trying to figure out the whys and therefores and to help others. It is good to discuss this stuff.

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Good luck to all those in AP. I remember how hard the wait was for my CR-1 and I couldn't imagine waiting for more than a year to have your loved one be with you in the United States.. May everyone in AP get a swift approval and get the visa in hand to make that trip to USA.

mrc2pmh1445.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I SECOND THAT!!!!

For those in AP - GOOD LUCK and hang in there. Our thoughts are with you.

For those who PASSED AP - Congrats

For those who were DENIED - Dont give up. Love WILL find a way.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline

Got back from the consulate today. It was only about 10 seconds long. He asked why I was there and I told him that I wanted to see if there was anything they needed from me while I was there that could help with the visa, he stated that they had all the evidence they needed and that they would notify me when they went through our file if they needed anything else.

On a different note, while I was waiting to go in I was watching people and to see what they had, I wrote down 25 people that I saw with blue or pink, or white or if I could not see what they got, here is a list as follows.

Pink 6

Blue 4

White 2

could not see the papers on 13

of the 13, 4 looked happy, and 5 looked sad, the rest just walked out like nothing was wrong, it seems far from the 95% fail rate that was posted earlier so this might be good news for all of us in AP

Sample AP Blue Slip:

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Got back from the consulate today. It was only about 10 seconds long. He asked why I was there and I told him that I wanted to see if there was anything they needed from me while I was there that could help with the visa, he stated that they had all the evidence they needed and that they would notify me when they went through our file if they needed anything else.

On a different note, while I was waiting to go in I was watching people and to see what they had, I wrote down 25 people that I saw with blue or pink, or white or if I could not see what they got, here is a list as follows.

Pink 6

Blue 4

White 2

of the 13, 4 looked happy, and 5 looked sad, the rest just walked out like nothing was wrong, it seems far from the 95% fail rate that was posted earlier so this might be good news for all of us in AP

They knew you were coming so they decided to pull a mind scramble, and they printed the 221(g) notices on random color pieces of paper! :devil:

Seriously, that's good news. I'm still telling Phuong to be prepared for the blue slip, but this gives me some hope that she might actually be coming back with me. I've sort of been thinking the odds were in the 20% range. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Pink 6

Blue 4

White 2

They knew you were coming so they decided to pull a mind scramble, and they printed the 221(g) notices on random color pieces of paper! :devil:

Seriously, that's good news. I'm still telling Phuong to be prepared for the blue slip, but this gives me some hope that she might actually be coming back with me. I've sort of been thinking the odds were in the 20% range. :blush:

If it was a mind scramble it worked lol! I bet most of the people that walked out with out reaction were blue, but some might have been pink. I was just happy to see so many pinks, wish they could have told me more but I knew they wouldn't after all we have only been in AP for about 2 months. Fred's wife said to bug them and to demand to speak with a supervisor, but I think that might just do more harm than good, I really do not want to piss off the people deciding my life. But i am still planning on emailing them at least once a month and then having Binh do the same, just telling them we are still here and maybe throwing in something that we did or talked about that week. Just trying to let them know we are interested in out case and yet not make them think we are trying to be to pushy. Hopefully you will be able to bring her back with you Jim, just because tons of us have blues do not mean you will get one. Pray for pink and hopefully you will get! Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Well, at least you get to see them and that's all it matters Jerome. I agree on people wanting answer once they get in there but take a moment and just relax, you're there to conversate with them. They're a bunch of Psychologist and Sociologists. They want to see how we react and how we handle our situation. Don't expect too much and be happy that at least you're not 6000+ miles away from your S.O.

I remember being there the last time before I go back to the U.S. It was 4:58pm is when they call me. It was like 2 minutes before they close. I was just praying they would call me in so I can present myself and then say what I have to say and get out. I was happy that I get to talk to them and then a great dinner at Ralph & Hanh's restaurant.

DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH AND BE HAPPY....(for now...)

event.png

Timeline
So my husband will be picking up his visa tomorrow (10/14) and I know the visa is good for 6 months after it is issued, but after that point, does it expire for good and we just have to reapply all over again? Is there a waiver or an extension that we can file to change the date on the visa?

Is he planning to stay in vietnam more than 6 months? If not then you don't have to worry about it. CONGRATS!!! :thumbs::star::thumbs::dance:

And to answer that question, yea it does expire and you'll have to start all over again, so tell your husband to GET OUT OF THERE! hehe :dance:

MY HUSBAND PICKED UP HIS PASSPORT WITH VISA on 10/14/2009. And then went to get purchase his airline ticket for ~$600!!! He's flying Delta from HCMC --> Tokyo, JP --> Detroit, MI --> Houston, TX on 10/31/2009!!! :) We're so excited!! :)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Well, I send my warmest welcome from an HTowner. Hope Houston will cool down a bit by the time your husband lands in Houston. So you guys drive back to San Antonio right away or you plan on spending sometime in Houston?

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Timeline
Well, I send my warmest welcome from an HTowner. Hope Houston will cool down a bit by the time your husband lands in Houston. So you guys drive back to San Antonio right away or you plan on spending sometime in Houston?

Almost all of our family lives in Houston so we will stay there for the weekend, and then drive back to San Antonio Sunday night. I want to take him Trick or Treating for sure and then I'll probably take him around HK and stuff so he will see what he'll miss in Saigon and Houston 'cause San Antonio ain't got none of that stuff... :P hahaa...poor guy...doesn't know what he's got coming...lol...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

Almost all of our family lives in Houston so we will stay there for the weekend, and then drive back to San Antonio Sunday night. I want to take him Trick or Treating for sure and then I'll probably take him around HK and stuff so he will see what he'll miss in Saigon and Houston 'cause San Antonio ain't got none of that stuff... :P hahaa...poor guy...doesn't know what he's got coming...lol...

hey lindal i have a question for you. Did your Ly lich tu phap expired? was it good for 6 months. IF we got approval after the ly lich tu phap expire do they request a updated one?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.