ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Also to others about to go through the process and/or interview please do not fret so much. Just do the best one can is all that one can do. I had quite a few red flags and even had a few send me messages saying how I was going to be in AP and I screwed up something and I still got a pink and really in a decent time. Others have to so just because there are quite a few here in AP does not mean everyone will be in AP or even a majority.

We discuss this because we are trying to figure out the whys and therefores and to help others. It is good to discuss this stuff.

Good post!! I just think that all the new people will see all the posts when there is no real pattern and get worried, no need to go to a interview worried, if you are not confident then it will show. Our cases are not a guarentee that your case will be similar to ours, I for one feel that this post is not such a good post because of the worry factor, and the fact that we truly do not know if there is a pattern or not, and when people like luckytxn have someguarantee of the "red flags" that people think are red flags and get the pink it shows there is no real pattern, and no real reason to worry, but it is good to address these "SUSPECTED" red flags while you can. Keep up the faith and remember what works for one of us or does not work for one of us does not mean it will or will not work for you. Good luck to all and hopefully before long the people on AP will be getting good news!

Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Those of us currently in AP at HCMC:

FrednDaoHoney_____________1/?/2009

Lindal24 ___________________7/8/2009

Vi&Art _____________________8/5/2009

JohnCali9 __________________8/6/2009

Ituan ___________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied

MichaelAndKha______________8/15/2009

JeromeBinh_________________8/20/2009

ToanTien___________________8/20/2009

Ly Trinh ___________________8/21/2009

Huong and Phung ___________9/8/2009

Please add yourself if you are currently in Administrative Processing "AP" (2nd blue slip).

The initial blue slip (*IF you don't get pink) at the initial interview date IS NOT the same as an AP Blue Slip you get when you submit additional information as indicated on the 1st blue slip from the initial interview. The date listed is the date the 2nd blue slip is received, not necessarily the date that was listed on the 1st blue slip (in case you submitted your requested documents early)

Sample AP Blue Slip:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/...cture1_copy.jpg

Also to others about to go through the process and/or interview please do not fret so much. Just do the best one can is all that one can do. I had quite a few red flags and even had a few send me messages saying how I was going to be in AP and I screwed up something and I still got a pink and really in a decent time. Others have to so just because there are quite a few here in AP does not mean everyone will be in AP or even a majority.

We discuss this because we are trying to figure out the whys and therefores and to help others. It is good to discuss this stuff.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

2 couples in AP not listed got approved late last week. 1 was 14 months.. the other was 2 ...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
2 couples in AP not listed got approved late last week. 1 was 14 months.. the other was 2 ...

awesome! :) that's really great to hear!! :)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

awesome! :) that's really great to hear!! :)

WHY WOULDN'T IT BE ME... WHY WHY WHY.... WHAT DID I DO WRONG? HEHEHEHEH

So happy to hear that someone already finish with this sorrow. This is really sucks. We can't plan anything for our future yet. Dang it, I'm planning to bring my parents back to visit her parents and pick her up at the same time...but............. NOOOOOO I HAVE TO WAITTTTT... I'm going crazy, my bad!

:thumbs::devil:

event.png

Timeline

LOL...that's funny you mention that...I'm supposed to be studying, but I find myself sitting here writing him a pen/paper letter! :) (I'm taking a break to check VJ...but going to continue after I post this...).

My mom and dad are thinking about going this Christmas holiday...I'm trying to convince them to hang off until Tet so we can go together and if my husband gets approved, we can all come back together!! :)

Have your parents not met your wife?? Did they not go to your wedding?? If that's your case, we may have a common "red flag" :P My parent's met him the first time I went back...but they didn't come back for the wedding... :P

NEways...I hope it works out for all of us!! :) When are you thinking of going back??

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

LOL...that's funny you mention that...I'm supposed to be studying, but I find myself sitting here writing him a pen/paper letter! :) (I'm taking a break to check VJ...but going to continue after I post this...).

My mom and dad are thinking about going this Christmas holiday...I'm trying to convince them to hang off until Tet so we can go together and if my husband gets approved, we can all come back together!! :)

Have your parents not met your wife?? Did they not go to your wedding?? If that's your case, we may have a common "red flag" :P My parent's met him the first time I went back...but they didn't come back for the wedding... :P

NEways...I hope it works out for all of us!! :) When are you thinking of going back??

We are thinking of around January or beginning of Feb. We might be there on new year of 2010. If things are going the way we are planning, we will travel back with my wife to America.

Yeb, we do have the same redfag. hahaha My parents are both handicap. One is suffer from a stroke and one is really sick. Oh well, reasons are reasons, they don't care about that. My parents are planning to come back and do a "Lễ Rước Dâu" since we didn't ruoc dau because my parents wasn't there.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND ALL OF US FOLLOW.

event.png

Timeline
We are thinking of around January or beginning of Feb. We might be there on new year of 2010. If things are going the way we are planning, we will travel back with my wife to America.

Yeb, we do have the same redfag. hahaha My parents are both handicap. One is suffer from a stroke and one is really sick. Oh well, reasons are reasons, they don't care about that. My parents are planning to come back and do a "Lễ Rước Dâu" since we didn't ruoc dau because my parents wasn't there.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND ALL OF US FOLLOW.

Wow...our cases are alike in so many ways! :) My parents want to do another whole big reception--I didn't do one for my side of the family...we just did it on his side. I'm saying "NO", but mothers have their way...lol.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

:thumbs: Excellent point.

Anyone just beginning need not try to prepare for any and every possibility. Just prepare well for their own circumstances and work through the process.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

:thumbs: Excellent point.

Anyone just beginning need not try to prepare for any and every possibility. Just prepare well for their own circumstances and work through the process.

NO... DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. YOU SHOULD BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID....:)

I don't want them to be going in there without knowing how others have been feeling. It's better to be worry now and expects the worse. That's my .02.

event.png

Timeline

Does anyone get this type of response when emailing them regarding case status????

Good afternoon,

Your case is still pending review by our consular officer. The case file and additional information are prepared for review based on a first-come, first-reviewed policy. Due to the large number of cases to be reviewed and the need to be fair to each applicant, we do not review cases out of sequence except when there is an urgent need to do so. Please be assured that the application and supporting information will be given every consideration consistent with U.S. law and regulations.

We will contact the beneficiary when the review is complete.

Sincerely,

Information Team

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC

Tel: (84-8) 3520 4200

Fax: (84-8) 3520 4235

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov (regarding visa issues)

acshcmc@state.gov (regarding services for U.S. citizens)

Adoption: HanoiAdoptions@state.gov

This e-mail is UNCLASSIFIED based on the definitions provided in E.O. 12958.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Others have seen the same email in thier inbox as a response to inquiry...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

I posted two of my non-automated responses in this topic...it's basically the same. :P

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

My two responses were very similar, but the one that they responded to that Binh wrote was much different. I think it is bull, how can they say they are not going out of order when one from 14 months gets approved and another from 2? THey just tell us that to shut us up. I hope I can get in next tuesday and talk with them.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline
My two responses were very similar, but the one that they responded to that Binh wrote was much different. I think it is bull, how can they say they are not going out of order when one from 14 months gets approved and another from 2? THey just tell us that to shut us up. I hope I can get in next tuesday and talk with them.

Jerome

How long will you be in VN for?

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.