ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

IMO further review = investigation like they did us... the phone call interviews and or the visit to the home...

They had been out to see my wife's family over five weeks ago. We've heard nothing since.

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Timeline

My thinking on this is that the CO has made a recommendation and the case is going to the big cheese to look at. I think this is what happens to all cases. The CO makes a recommendation and then it goes to the section head to get a stamp, at least this was what happened to our case when it got kicked back to the Vermont.

I have no clue but I feel a little optimistic since the email said, "next steps in processing her case shortly". If they were going to deny us again, there wouldn't be those words.

But then, again, what do I know? It might be canned response #3,9541.

December 25, 2010 will be our FIVE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY.

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

sounds right to me especially since its a second time around case... there is something in the case file that is screaming hey big issue here... for whatever reason its taking some doing to get it through...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys...first of all, thanks for posting these valuable information...I was in the same situation for months and this post keeps me hope until now. I was recently requested of PC and medical but not the passport. My fiancee still has her passport in hand. I don't know what are my chances here because I assume the Consulate will need to stamp the visa into passport if we got issued a visa. Can you guys please share if your passport is requested to have visa stamped or how it is done? Thanks.

Timeline

hi guys...first of all, thanks for posting these valuable information...I was in the same situation for months and this post keeps me hope until now. I was recently requested of PC and medical but not the passport. My fiancee still has her passport in hand. I don't know what are my chances here because I assume the Consulate will need to stamp the visa into passport if we got issued a visa. Can you guys please share if your passport is requested to have visa stamped or how it is done? Thanks.

We really have no idea of your circumstances at all since there is no timeline filled in and you have given us little info but usually but not always them asking for just those two things mean they are done with you and you can expect the visa to be forthcoming. Make sure to take the passport with you when you turn in the requested documents.

Is this the first time, second? What did the blue sheet say? Like I say it is hard to answer any questions with little info. Good luck and God bless.

Timeline

If you are saying you are in same situation (AP, and they sent a letter asking for new police certificate and medical.. that is great news... Keep in mind that the police cert is good for 1 year and even though they may say bring a new one, as long as the last one is still current, there should be no issue as that is what happened with us... the medical would likely have to be done again as they are only good for 6 months... be sure to have her get every shot needed while she is there.. saves alot of headaches down the road...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

thanks for the reply, my fiancee got interviewd last December and put under AP since. Last month, we were told to update those 2 documents and we will hand those in next week or so. I guess I will tell my fiancee to bring her passport just in case. So should we turn in all the documents and passport at the same time at the window or just turn in those 2 requested documents and wait for their instructions. Thanks.

Timeline

take the docs to the window, they will likely tell her to wait a bit, then they will call her up, and they will ask for passport then and give her the pink slip... in cases like this... the visa has already been approved, they just need the docs to wrap up loose ends... the passport will be needed so they can put the visa in it.. they will likely tell her come back a week or so later to pick up the passport with the visa inside... tell her to expect the translator may ask her some interview type questions again... its just the interviewer showing off.. the CO doesnt care at this point because they are pretty much done with you.. but if the interviewer was to ask something that she should obviously know and doesnt.. the CO can always rethink the decision...

take the docs to the window, they will likely tell her to wait a bit, then they will call her up, and they will ask for passport then and give her the pink slip... in cases like this... the visa has already been approved, they just need the docs to wrap up loose ends... the passport will be needed so they can put the visa in it.. they will likely tell her come back a week or so later to pick up the passport with the visa inside... tell her to expect the translator may ask her some interview type questions again... its just the interviewer showing off.. the CO doesnt care at this point because they are pretty much done with you.. but if the interviewer was to ask something that she should obviously know and doesnt.. the CO can always rethink the decision...

thank you Scott..that definitely clear up things for me...i'm crossing my fingers now..:D

Timeline

thank you Scott..that definitely clear up things for me...i'm crossing my fingers now..:D

Time to buy hangers... :thumbs:

I m remodel my whole walk-in closet :) Today interview: PINK!!! Pick up visa 23Nov10. Seating across the street the 2nd time around was much better than last time...

Timeline

I m remodel my whole walk-in closet :) Today interview: PINK!!! Pick up visa 23Nov10. Seating across the street the 2nd time around was much better than last time...

Most awesome of news and many congrats and God bless.good.gif

Buy lots of hangars. I have found that VN babes love to shop for clothes.

Timeline

CONGRATS so great to hear the awesome news!! :)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.