• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
:thumbs::thumbs:

Be positive!

Lewis, I think you are next, I can smell it...... NOA2 Baby!!!!!!!

Edited by texasseoul

3-27-06 Sent I-129F to TSC - Transferred to CSC

3-29-06 NOA 1 Receipt Date

4-04-06 NOA 1 Notice Date

4-04-06 Check clears the bank

7-03-06 Touched - RFE - IMBRA Sent Out

7-08-06 Received RFE - IMBRA - Date 6-23-06 and Postmarked 6-27-06

7-08-06 Stopped by Border Securtiy on NCIC name hit - Identity Theft two years ago and theif used my name as an alias which is now permanently tied to his criminal file as an alias - Border Security very helpful and understanding and apologetic about the situation but they have to verify I was not the perpetratpr.

7-10-06 Sent RFE

7-11-06 Received by CSC

7-19-06 Touched e-mail stating received 7-19-06 (BS)

8-03-06 Wondering ####### is taking so long - 128 days now

8-21-06 Congressional Inquiry

8-24-06 NOA2 WHoooohoooo

I agree with that assessment lewis, they deal with quite a bit of visa stuff, ranging from visitor visa's, employment visa's, to us. Believe it is Embassy specific though, some are overwhelmed with these K-1's, Some are not. We shall see, as the visa's are issued. Hopefully, quick for all, with this debacle in mind.

Not sure about that, I believe the fiancee petitions are a small percentage of the overall business most embassies perform.

I worry that a lump of petitions approved at onece will cause big backlogs at the embassies.....

Oh great... you had to add THIS to the equation... :lol:

One bridge at a time!!! :thumbs:

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I worry that a lump of petitions approved at onece will cause big backlogs at the embassies.....

One thing my senator's office mentioned was that petitions should fly through the NVC because they haven't had much to do since IMBRA. And I would think the embassies are actually getting caught up since new interview appointments haven't been coming in for months now. So while they might get a rush of a few when approvals come in, they have been freed up for a while. Does that makes sense?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Okay..... I'm trying to be positive... so let me think this way.... if I sent my RFE back two weeks after the ones that were aproved this week, my NOA2 shouldn't take more than a month..... right? Who am I kidding... nobody knows....

I just want to hear something positive really. :unsure:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

It makes perfect sense. This is an example of logic in action. Although with USCIS, not applicable.

With respect to NVC and Embassies, it does stand up to reason. Good post Kitkat1!!!

One thing my senator's office mentioned was that petitions should fly through the NVC because they haven't had much to do since IMBRA. And I would think the embassies are actually getting caught up since new interview appointments haven't been coming in for months now. So while they might get a rush of a few when approvals come in, they have been freed up for a while. Does that makes sense?

Okay..... I'm trying to be positive... so let me think this way.... if I sent my RFE back two weeks after the ones that were aproved this week, my NOA2 shouldn't take more than a month..... right? Who am I kidding... nobody knows....

Ok... here goes:

"something positive really"

:lol:

We'll get there... hang on!!

Jen

It makes perfect sense. This is an example of logic in action. Although with USCIS, not applicable.

With respect to NVC and Embassies, it does stand up to reason. Good post Kitkat1!!!

Sense.... logic.... reason... ???

You know better than that.

:lol:

Can you tell I'm just a little slap-happy tonight?.... pure exhaustion will do that....

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Cheers JenT,

Here it is again for Ya, the process:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You 'da man!!

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Well, the CSC probably won't try the "shredding tactic" again, to catch up. :hehe:

Well, the CSC probably won't try the "shredding tactic" again, to catch up. :hehe:

Oh grat. Give Devilette something else to worry about... :whistle:

(L)

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I would hope the embassies would be getting caught up but let's not forget they are also dealing with other visas:

J1, H1b, H2a, H2b H3, B2, O, P, Q , R, TN, and all the family visas that go along with those

pre imbra K1, Pre imbra K3, post imbra K1, post imbra K3 that are being approved now

and DCFs!

but somehow I doubt they will be as this is vacation and holiday time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.