Enigma11561

Who is in control-petitioner or beneficary?

21 posts in this topic

During our K1 visa process, I (the beneficiary) called the NVC and the Consulate more than my then fiance (now husband) has done so.

I guess it's up to you and your girl to decide. If she is capable of doing it, let her make the calls. If you want to stress out more points to the Consulate or if you have other concerns, you give a ring. You are both involved in the visa process and neither of you should be counting how much you have done or how passive the other is. Just encourage one another and be participative.

Of course, before dialing the Consulate, examine the matter first if you could get answers elsewhere or if your call is very, very urgent.

Hakuna matata.

FAE :luv:

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

:blink: Excuse me??? you know this how, exactly? And even if you knew, how does your snarky answer help the OP in any way, shape or form? :angry:

Like you said, this is a personal matter, so why don't you ####### off if you have nothing positive to add. If you chose to "instruct your now wife where to sign" and she didn't get involved, that is your story.

To the OP: indeed, you can tell your fiancee to register on VJ and get her questions answered as well.

Great Mary Mother of Gawd, Len. It is Christmas Eve for crying out loud. Take a powder and count your many blessings in life!

Peace on Earth, and Goodwill Towards men.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm the beneficiary and I'm pretty much doing the paper-work on my own.

I have a job but I'm free most of the evening whereas my husband's work is more demanding. He has been filling up the forms and getting all the required documents as and when I ask him to. We've called USCIS three times so far, all of them from him (I told him what to say/ask). When it gets to the Embassy stage, I assume I will be doing the calling.

In fairness, I think BOTH parties should take an active part in the process as it affects both of your lives.

OP: If your wife's questions are really rudimentary then ask her to read the forms or join VJ to have them answered.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

I am the beneficiary and at the stage of the Embassy I was doing all the paperwork. I didn't have to make any calls except for calling the doctor to schedule the medical.

My fiance would fill in all the forms he was supposed to fill. He is working so he didn't have as much time to do the paperwork as I did. So most of the time I would read this forum, or the polish forum and then do the paperwork and tell him what he had to do. Then after he filled the documents in he always faxed them to me and I was correcting all the mistakes he made.

I don't think you are the one who is supposed to do everything or to call everybody if she has any questions. SHe can do it on her own but as everybody said, talk to her about not calling to often.

It's not about who is supposed to be in charge of everything during this proccess, petitioner or the beneficiary. Some women like to be in charge, just like some men. SOme women like when a guy is in charge of everything and they don't have to do anything. I am not trying to offend anybody, my English is poor and I'm trying my best to explain what I want to say.

I understand her stress and just like somebody said, tell her to register to this forum. It helped me a lot because I could find all the answers on my own without calling a couple times a week to the people working in the embassy.

I passed the interview without any troubles and I didn't call the USCIS nor the embassy in Poland once. WHat I am trying to say is that this forum( or should I say people on this forum) is EXTREMELY helpful and it should help her A LOT! I am sure she will find all the information over here!

Good luck with everything!

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-10

Consulate Received : 2009-10-14

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-19

Interview Date : 2009-12-17 Approved!

##########################

Adjustment Of Status:

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2010-03-25

NOA Date : 2010-04-05

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-04-29

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
My guess is she is a younger woman, not raised and educated in the Soviet system. Good luck with that

Um, what exactly is that meant to mean?

During my visa process, I pretty much did all the paperwork and legwork. I have never called the embassy, though I did email them to confirm the arrival of my petition from NVC. All Alex did was fill in his biographic form, sign where he needed to sign, and get the paperwork together for the Affidavit of Support. He also called NVC on my behalf a few times. It was a bit annoying that I did the majority of the work, but then again, since I did it, I know it was perfect ;)

To the OP - I can relate you to fiancee feeling overwhelmed and wanting all her questions answered by someone at the source. But she can get those answers from any of us also. Tell her to come on here, we are all willing to support you both in your journey! This place really is a wealth of information and I have never had to go anywhere else to have my questions answered.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

guys, I have to tell you, I am in lots of trouble here... all my failures in life are because I wasn't raised and educated in the Soviet Union..

Really? I mean people only think THAT far? :rolleyes:

Edited by Sebas&Lily

N-400:

02/21/2015: N-400 sent via USPS Priority Mail to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

02/23/2015: N-400 received by USCIS

02/27/2015: Check cashed

03/03/2015: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/26/2015: Fingerprints done!

08/24/2015: Notice of Action received, Interview letter!

09/28/2015: Interview day, PASSED! Oath Ceremony same day :)

mens-sofitel-loo.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.