WFolsom

Packet 3 and Affidavit of Support Question!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My fiance just received his packet 3, and this went much more quickly than expected! This question is to 'ease' my mind and to make things clear for both of us... what exactly does he need to return via mail after the packet 3, just the DS-156/K? He has everything with the exception of the affidavit of support I will send because I wanted to make sure it was as close to his interview as possible. Does he need all of the contents to the affidavit of support to be sent or does he just need to keep all of these things for the interview? Also, does he need original copies of my birth certificate (along with my co-sponsor)? Any information or any detailed link would be greatly appreciated! We will be dealing with the US Embassy in Paris if that helps as well.

Thank you! :D

B. and W.

Went to Paris 8.7.09

Sent 129F 8.28.09

NOA1 9.01.09

Received 9.08.09

NOA2 12.04.09

Received 12.12.09 !!

Received by NVC 12.16.09

Received Packet 3 12.23.09

Timeline
My fiance just received his packet 3, and this went much more quickly than expected! This question is to 'ease' my mind and to make things clear for both of us... what exactly does he need to return via mail after the packet 3, just the DS-156/K? He has everything with the exception of the affidavit of support I will send because I wanted to make sure it was as close to his interview as possible. Does he need all of the contents to the affidavit of support to be sent or does he just need to keep all of these things for the interview? Also, does he need original copies of my birth certificate (along with my co-sponsor)? Any information or any detailed link would be greatly appreciated! We will be dealing with the US Embassy in Paris if that helps as well.

Thank you! :D

B. and W.

Did he receive the Interview Preparation Instructions doc? STEP ONE of the instructions indicate to send back a completed DS230-Part 1. If he's ready to be interviewed, he should also send the DS2001 form along. All other docs are not required until the day of the interview.

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Timeline
Did he receive the Interview Preparation Instructions doc? STEP ONE of the instructions indicate to send back a completed DS230-Part 1. If he's ready to be interviewed, he should also send the DS2001 form along. All other docs are not required until the day of the interview.

Thanks for the response! He is visiting his parents for the holidays and will not return to Paris until after Christmas. He asked his roommate to open it to look at the documents and it wasn't very helpful because he found the papers difficult to look over. So we will be patient!

Went to Paris 8.7.09

Sent 129F 8.28.09

NOA1 9.01.09

Received 9.08.09

NOA2 12.04.09

Received 12.12.09 !!

Received by NVC 12.16.09

Received Packet 3 12.23.09

Timeline
Thanks for the response! He is visiting his parents for the holidays and will not return to Paris until after Christmas. He asked his roommate to open it to look at the documents and it wasn't very helpful because he found the papers difficult to look over. So we will be patient!

Packet 3 includes most of the forms he need to fill out except for DS-156 which need to be filled out online and printed because you'll need the bar code. But take it a step at a time. Like I mentioned earlier, it's the DS-230 Part 1 and DS-2001 that must be mailed back first in order for the consulate to schedule him for an interview. It normally takes 3-4 weeks from the time you mail these forms back to get packet 4 (which has the appointment letter and medical exam instructions). Use this time to make sure he has all the docs he needs including the affidavit of support. Work on the timing...it's not very difficult to obtain all the docs in time for his interview. Let us know how you're coming along. There are 4-5 of us here in the France portal who just went thru the K-1 visa ordeal recently. We'll be here to help you. :thumbs:

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.