privette

Medical examination for DCF in Tokyo

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I wanted to post this message for future people doing a DCF in Tokyo, Japan and researching for advice on medical examination in the city.

The Embassy provide a list of approved medical facilities for the visa medical examination. I called them and asked for costs and how much time the examination will take. Each one of them charge differently, from 25,000 and 350,000 yen for an examination without immunisations and with times from 3.5 hours to 1.5 hour.

Our choice was Tokyo British Clinic, which charged 25,000 yen for the exam and 31,250 yen for immunisations (a total of three shots because my husband didn't have a vaccination record). They were very professional and practical. They will send us the certificate by mail. All did in less than 1.5 hour. It was great for us because we use the rest of the day in the city, collecting other visa related documents.

Hope this will be of help for people with the same doubts and questions that I had.

June 17 2006 Mailed I-130 and all documents Embassy asked for.

June 24 2006 Found this wonderful forum!

July 12 2006 I-130 approved. Received Visa application/interview instructions.

July 24 2006 Medical Examination at Tokyo British Clinic (Only took 1 hour and 3 shots, Ouch!)

July 24 2006 Finger prints for Police Certificate at Consulate of Peru in Tokyo (a lot of bureaucracy).

August 27 2005 Got Peruvian police certificate. Applied for the Japanese one, which will take 5 days.

August 30 2006 Appointment Requested

September 6 2006 Got japanese police certificate

September 11 2006 Interview date

APPROVED!!!

Glad to hear it all went well for you!

Congratulations!

To see our DCF interview experience at the US Embassy in Bern, Switzerland go to:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/ -- Switzerland 3 / Don & Jacky

Filed: Timeline

As an addendum, for others without vaccination records, if you're sure you've had Chicken Pox (Varicella) and either had measles or the MMR shot, you can check for antibodies for those in a blood test. Then you only have to receive the Td shot.

I chose to do this because my vaccination records reside with a bunch of doctors in a million places. I actually asked my local doctor to do this blood test and asked them to check it for the HIV and Syphilis tests since they need to be done for the examination anyway.

One caveat, its best to check with the examining doctor by phoning ahead to make sure they'll accept a blood test for all of this. Our panel physician does, as long as whoever takes the blood signs in the appropriate place that they have sighted your passport and have verified its your blood they took.

AussieDude

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks donandjacky and aussiedude!

Each one of them charge differently, from 25,000 and 350,000 yen for an examination without immunisations and with times from 3.5 hours to 1.5 hour.

I have to make a correction,

It should say from 25,000 to 35,000 yen

June 17 2006 Mailed I-130 and all documents Embassy asked for.

June 24 2006 Found this wonderful forum!

July 12 2006 I-130 approved. Received Visa application/interview instructions.

July 24 2006 Medical Examination at Tokyo British Clinic (Only took 1 hour and 3 shots, Ouch!)

July 24 2006 Finger prints for Police Certificate at Consulate of Peru in Tokyo (a lot of bureaucracy).

August 27 2005 Got Peruvian police certificate. Applied for the Japanese one, which will take 5 days.

August 30 2006 Appointment Requested

September 6 2006 Got japanese police certificate

September 11 2006 Interview date

APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I wanted to post this message for future people doing a DCF in Tokyo, Japan and researching for advice on medical examination in the city.

The Embassy provide a list of approved medical facilities for the visa medical examination. I called them and asked for costs and how much time the examination will take. Each one of them charge differently, from 25,000 and 350,000 yen for an examination without immunisations and with times from 3.5 hours to 1.5 hour.

Our choice was Tokyo British Clinic, which charged 25,000 yen for the exam and 31,250 yen for immunisations (a total of three shots because my husband didn't have a vaccination record). They were very professional and practical. They will send us the certificate by mail. All did in less than 1.5 hour. It was great for us because we use the rest of the day in the city, collecting other visa related documents.

Hope this will be of help for people with the same doubts and questions that I had.

Congratulations amiguita!!! :dance::dance::D:luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.