NickD

How about a blank page when you hit reply?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We can not have both unfortunately. I can revert it to like before but I can not limit the max embedded quotes.

I like it the way it is now. If people are following the thread of conversation, there is no need to see more than the most recent quote IMO.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
We can not have both unfortunately. I can revert it to like before but I can not limit the max embedded quotes.

Hmmm...that seems odd that you wouldn't be able to set a limit.

Well, if I had to choose between the old way and the new one, I'd go with the new one because for the most part, it works. Perhaps people will change their replies to be a bit more descriptive knowing that whatever they quoted will not be included should someone reply. One way around it is to actually copy and paste the part of the quote they are replying to, although it means no one can click back to the original.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
This isn't working well as it is right now...I cannot keep the the original quote that the poster before me is replying to. The original quote sometimes needs to be included for any reply to make sense.

Can we just have a limit on how many quotes within a quote? Perhaps 4 or 5?

I agree that it's a teeny bit annoying, as you described above, however you can manually go back and pick up that other quote if you really want to.

To choose between the two - i'd take that over the gigantic walls of replies any day :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I agree that it's a teeny bit annoying, as you described above, however you can manually go back and pick up that other quote if you really want to.

To choose between the two - i'd take that over the gigantic walls of replies any day :thumbs:

I agree with every word trailmix said here.... and with whatever trailmix was quoting, that I can no longer see. :rofl:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I really don't like this new change. It distorts the context of some peoples responses.

If you're going to make these changes, can you do something about people having an entire screen taken up with their signature files? I'd turn it off, but I like to see people's timelines in their signature.

Filed: Timeline
I really don't like this new change. It distorts the context of some peoples responses.

If you're going to make these changes, can you do something about people having an entire screen taken up with their signature files? I'd turn it off, but I like to see people's timelines in their signature.

Exactly right. I would much rather see the annoying pix and tickers done with, than loose the context in a conversation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I will see if there is a better solution. :)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I will see if there is a better solution. :)

Maybe you should poll the membership rather than letting a few people decide.

Single quotes are pretty standard on message boards AFAIK.