samsmith

K3 visa after F1 denied

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

After six months of wait, my wife will have her k3 interview soon, but 7 months before we got married she applied for F1 visa and she got denied (no stamp on her passport)at that time I knew her but I wasn’t us citizen, I was just waiting to become citizen and apply for her .after I became citizen I went over and I married her . My questions are:

-should I put it on the D-156 (the F1 denied)

-what should I say if they ask me about it?

Is it wrong if she tried to be closer to me, even tho she was really looking to start her study in the US

Plz plz help

My questions are:

Yes - it's the truth right?

(When questioned about this - on paper or during an interview - you should simply explain the truth).

Is it wrong if she tried to be closer to me, even tho she was really looking to start her study in the US

Not sure there's anything to feel wrong about.

What was the reason for the denial of the F1?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
My questions are:

Yes - it's the truth right?

(When questioned about this - on paper or during an interview - you should simply explain the truth).

Not sure there's anything to feel wrong about.

What was the reason for the denial of the F1?

The reason for the denied: insufficient ties to the home country

For sure I’m going with the truth all the way.

I m just alit worry that it might be problem, or if it is illegal to apply for F1 or take this shortcut instead of waiting for the k visa with the long process, especially at that time I was waiting for the long process of my naturalization

Edited by samsmith

The reason for the denied: insufficient ties to the home country

For sure I’m going with the truth all the way.

I m just alit worry that it might be problem, or if it is illegal to apply for F1 or take this shortcut instead of waiting for the k visa with the long process, especially at that time I was waiting for the long process of my naturalization

Well circumventing (or possibly attempting-to-circumvent) immigration law certainly can be illegal - presumably that's not what you're claiming happened I hope. Otherwise - being refused a visa for 'insufficient ties' previously, shouldn't ordinarily pose a problem to a K-visa.

After six months of wait, my wife will have her k3 interview soon, but 7 months before we got married she applied for F1 visa and she got denied (no stamp on her passport)at that time I knew her but I wasn’t us citizen, I was just waiting to become citizen and apply for her .after I became citizen I went over and I married her . My questions are:

Plz plz help

Hello I had the same situation like u and your wife before, I applied f1 visa 3yrs ago when we are not yet married coz he was aslo waiting to get citizen at that moment,and i was denied too,So now he is citizen and we are also married when we already applied for k3 and in our DS-156 we stated that our f1 was denied 3yrs ago,reason was to be closer when the consul asked. And our k3 was approved. There was no problem. You always have to tell the truth.

K-3 Visa Timeline

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

10/09/2005: Met Online

01/16/2006: We met in person for "REAL"

01/07/2009: Marriage

02/25/2009: I-130 Sent

03/05/2009: I-130 NOA1

09/21/2009: I-130 RFE Faxed Certificate of Naturalization to Upgrade I-130 to Spouse of USC

09/21/2009: I-130 RFE Sent

09/17/2009: I-129F Sent

09/21/2009: I-129F NOA1

10/22/2009: I-129F APPROVED Online THANK YOU LORD

10/22/2009: I-130 APPROVED Online THANK YOU LORD

10/26/2009: NOA2 Hard Copy Received (130 & 129F)

10/28/2009: NVC Received

10/30/2009: NVC Left

11/03/2009: Consulate Received

11/05/2009: ADVANCED CFO SEMINAR

11/9-10/2009: ADVANCED Medical Completed - PASSED - Thank You LORD.

12/10/2009: Interview Date

12/10/2009: Interview Result APPROVED yeheeyyy!! THANK GOD.... WE LOVE U!!

12/15/2009: VISA RECIEVED

12/29/2009: POE DETROIT

IM FINALLY HOME WITH MY HUSBAND "THANKS TO GOD FOR OUR SAFETY"

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS AND EAD

01/07/10: Date Filed

02/05/10: Biometrics Appointment

03/03/10: Employment Authorization Approved

04/01/10: Interview Date (APPROVED)

04/12/10: Permanent Resident (GREENCARD) Received

There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.