Tyron

Help! Sending a package!

20 posts in this topic

Wow...i would talk to fed ex and see how much the envelope (documents if it is the only the necklace)is to send (is that what they quoted you?). I just send my wife a necklace about 2 1/2 weeks ago through postal priority mail. My case is a little different though since i am deployed right now. I insured it and have some tracking info on it...although not real good, but tracking none the less. I have send a couple of boxes to my wife and had no problems with the mail service. Although, this is the first time I had to put the necklace or jewelry on the customs form....(post office saw me pack the box). Shoot the 9x12x12 flat rate box is like 56 to send by USPS.

I guess it depends on where your fiancee lives in the PI too.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Don't send anything that you are afraid to lose...

No package is safe from theft.

Also be prepaired to spend anywhere from 2000PHP to 5000PHP in 'import' fees.

Phil

I bought my fiance a necklace for Christmas, it was around $130.... I went to FedEx and UPS and for a very small package they want $90 to ship it!

How do I send it to her? I heard USPS goes through PhilPost and things get "lost" in the mail, or take weeks to arrive....

What should I do?

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

I bought my fiance a necklace for Christmas, it was around $130.... I went to FedEx and UPS and for a very small package they want $90 to ship it!

How do I send it to her? I heard USPS goes through PhilPost and things get "lost" in the mail, or take weeks to arrive....

What should I do?

i think if u want to make sure that your package will get to your fiancee then pay some bucks my husband sent me a phone before through USPS im already here and everything but still no package yet good thing the phone is only motorola v3 and not iphone :lol: the Philippine Post Office are @#$%^&*!!! specially this holiday season expect some lost items/package

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

The best bet is to use DHL. They have a much better track record there. I have a package to ship next week that is a few little gifts, some candy and a bunch of documents. It will run $238 for 15# and I[m not sure what customs will do to me there. It's about the only way to get anything there though. If the declared value of the item is less than $30 then it's not supposed to be subject to customs inspection. If you are fudging on it's worth though, there are penalties with customs should they decide to open it. I'm not sure exactly what those are, but the gentleman at DHL advised against it..LOL I'm guessing you might just lose whatever it is or pay an even more stupid amount. Either that or comandos come to our house..could be either ;)

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

The best bet is to use DHL. They have a much better track record there. I have a package to ship next week that is a few little gifts, some candy and a bunch of documents. It will run $238 for 15# and I[m not sure what customs will do to me there. It's about the only way to get anything there though. If the declared value of the item is less than $30 then it's not supposed to be subject to customs inspection. If you are fudging on it's worth though, there are penalties with customs should they decide to open it. I'm not sure exactly what those are, but the gentleman at DHL advised against it..LOL I'm guessing you might just lose whatever it is or pay an even more stupid amount. Either that or comandos come to our house..could be either ;)

Oh thanks for the info! :thumbs: I'm also planning to send a package to my family back home and I'm wondering if UPS is good for shipping packages. But WOAH!!! DHL would cost me a lot! :wacko:

Edited by dan.and.audrey

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Click here to view my timeline.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me too.. I have a plan to send a package to my parents.. 2 items glucose monitoring and Blood pressure..

Sana mura lang hehehe.. :-)

Merry x-mas to all here

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

as I will always say "Money is always approptiate"

Send her some cabbage.....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Oh, and I agree with this one. The romantic notions of sending jewelry or a laptop come to a screeching halt when one realizes the expense, hassle and risk of sending any valuables quickly over there. The only realistic alternative is to send in a Balikbayan box, but that is a slow boat to Manila of at least 6 weeks. Or give the money to a trusted relative who can buy something locally and present it to Pinay on your behalf.

TCO, Speaking of packages, I was watching TV last night when Vince the Slap Chop guy came on, and finally I gave in and could not stand it any longer. I ordered one Plus the Graty. But I got it off Ebay for $5 less than Vince the Douchebag demands. I figured I will get one for my girl when she is soon here. She is just gonna LOVE my nuts!

Edited by Hopp

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Oh, and I agree with this one. The romantic notions of sending jewelry or a laptop come to a screeching halt when one realizes the expense, hassle and risk of sending any valuables quickly over there. The only realistic alternative is to send in a Balikbayan box, but that is a slow boat to Manila of at least 6 weeks. Or give the money to a trusted relative who can buy something locally and present it to Pinay on your behalf.

TCO, Speaking of packages, I was watching TV last night when Vince the Slap Chop guy came on, and finally I gave in and could not stand it any longer. I ordered one Plus the Graty. But I got it off Ebay for $5 less than Vince the Douchebag demands. I figured I will get one for my girl when she is soon here. She is just gonna LOVE my nuts!

Yes She Will

The funny part is, I moved into my new house and it was a "Short Sale" aka Pre Foreclosure and one thing they left in kitchen was a "Slap Chop".

I just thought to myself isn't this Classic........

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

I told my future spouse her Christmas and birthday present will be here when she arrives...

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

I told my future spouse her Christmas and birthday present will be here when she arrives...

How many guys have tied a "Red Bow" around thier "Love Muscle" and said "Merry Christmas" or " Happy Birthday"

I also do it when my wife is looking for a towel when she gets out of the shower........

How many guys have tied a "Red Bow" around thier "Love Muscle" and said "Merry Christmas" or " Happy Birthday"

I also do it when my wife is looking for a towel when she gets out of the shower........

See I wasn't thinkin' dirty.... well maybe just a little.... :whistle:

I-129F Mailed 13DEC09
I-129F Received 16DEC09
NOA1 Dated 16DEC09
NOA2 Dated 18MAR10 Your I-129f was approved in 92 days from your NOA1 date.
Date Package Received By NVC : 27MAR10
Your interview took 153 days from your I-129F NOA1 date
Arrival in USA 06Jun10
Married 20AUG10
AOS File 19APR11

Son born 26NOV12

removal of conditions filed 11JUN13

Biometrics appt 09JUL13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would find someone who deals exotic pets and buy a large sea turtle. Train the turtle how to navigate the ocean to the Philippines. Strap the package to the back of the sea turtle, and make sure that the package is water proof. This would be free shipping, you wouldn't have to deal with those nasty customs, and it would still be faster than Phil Post.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a turtle with a laser beam attached to its head.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.