Vanessa1

Which type of visa

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Honestly, this whole thing is enough to make someone lose their minds! Jump off the bridge??? Naw... :)

Vanessa.....Bridge? You say bridge?? Wheres it at and is it high enough?? lol :jest:

We have to ask Christeen! :)

I am recognizing that I had misinformation regarding the conversion of the CR1 to IR1. Everything is making a lot more sense now. Thanks everyone!

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Honestly, this whole thing is enough to make someone lose their minds! Jump off the bridge??? Naw... :)

Vanessa.....Bridge? You say bridge?? Wheres it at and is it high enough?? lol :jest:

We have to ask Christeen! :)

I am recognizing that I had misinformation regarding the conversion of the CR1 to IR1. Everything is making a lot more sense now. Thanks everyone!

Just thought u might have a better and bigger and taller bridge than mine! lol Just kidding.... :unsure:

Edited by KarimaG

You can go with whatever you choose, but the bottom line is there is (I would venture to guess based on recent timelines) an 80% chance that your I-130 will be held for approval waiting for the I-129 to catch up... They will probably both clear USCIS at the same time... The possibility of the K3 holding up the I-130 is also due in part to the fact that many I-129s get put into some sort of AP...

Once they both clear USCIS, the K-3 will make a breif appearance at NVC before being forwarded to the Embassy for appointment scheduling wheras the I-130 will be processed at NVC THEN sent to the embassy after the appointment is scheduled... This is where the K3 can save you 2-5 weeks...

Most people are not fans of the K3 because it was invented at a time when CR/IR visas took YEARS to process and most of us have seen how much of a hassle and massive waste of $$$ and bull$hit the K3 is and how superior the IR1 is in so many factors as highlighted above by Dakine...

But ultimatly it is your choice and it is pretty obvious that regardless of what anybody says here, you are set on the K3... Not that it is a bad visa but I wish you luck in getting her here quickly... I just dont understand why someone would exchange 2-4 weeks for months of USCIS ####### doing AOS and paying a boatload of $$$$ to take it!!!

BTW... call back USCIS and see if you dont get 10 different stories... if you believe everything the hourly telephone operators say over the experience of many VJ people who have seen a vast array of situations, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya!!!

Best of luck on your Journey

Thank you for the "kind" offer but I'm not really interested in your bridge in Brooklyn. I was merely trying to clarify something regarding the interview and the adjustment of status. If I were set on something then I wouldn't be asking questions. My question is regarding the AOS. It is my understanding that with the CR1 you have to go through the adjustment anyway 3 months before my second anniversary and that there is an interview. Is this correct? That's all I was asking in the previous posting. I am fed up with getting a little bit of info here and a little there (not from you, but from others along the journey thus far, including legal counsel and USCIS) and so I am trying to collect all the information and data so I can make my own decision. It seems like I'm getting a lot more opinion than data in some cases so I am just asking a specific question. What my decision will be, is my own, as you very kindly pointed out.

Now, does the bridge have a nice view? :star:

Nice view, lots of traffic and some graffitti, but otherwise pretty good...

What you are referring to is removal of conditions NOT AOS... AOS is for those who enter on non-immigrant visas like the K3 and K1... You do not have to pay the $1010 nor do more biometrics... you will get the conditional GC when they enter, be able to work, travel, get a drivers licence, SS# versus the 90+ days for all the other BS that goes with the K3... For some the few weeks are worth it (pregnancy, medical or cases where the living conditions of the SO are seriously bad) but for most, it is much more advantageous to do the CR1...

BTW... here is the link to the wiki guide for removal of conditions.... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

Hey as long as the bridge is well-maintained I could go for a little graffiti art.

Ok, this is making more sense to me and now I want to call up the lawyers and give them a little piece of my mind! One of them wanted the $1010 fee (plus all other fees) up front before they would even look at my I-130. Needless to say I did not go with that one. The one I did consult with mentioned that we didn't really need a lawyer at this time but when it came around time for the interview to remove conditions then we would want one during the interview. I believe I even mentioned the $1000 so I thought I had the correct information so I thank you for giving me a resource to clear up the misinformation.

Very FEW people that are still living together and have proof of still having a bonafide marriage are required to have a interview for ROC.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

The major difference between the K3 and the CR1/IR1 visas is that the K3 is a non-immigrant visa, so, after he gets here, you are still doing more visa ####### and doling out more money for months. And, yes, there is the chance that your marriage could be judged a fraud and deportation ensures. With the CR1/IR1, all that is done when he arrives. He gets a stamp in his passport that allows him to work for a year, and the green card arrives not long after. He can get a social security card, and a job so he's not sitting around the house all day whining about how bored he is and getting on your nerves. Marriages have broken up over that, no kidding! My advice, go for the CR1/IR1. You won't regret it. I did and it was great advice!

Timeline
The major difference between the K3 and the CR1/IR1 visas is that the K3 is a non-immigrant visa, so, after he gets here, you are still doing more visa ####### and doling out more money for months. And, yes, there is the chance that your marriage could be judged a fraud and deportation ensures. With the CR1/IR1, all that is done when he arrives. He gets a stamp in his passport that allows him to work for a year, and the green card arrives not long after. He can get a social security card, and a job so he's not sitting around the house all day whining about how bored he is and getting on your nerves. Marriages have broken up over that, no kidding! My advice, go for the CR1/IR1. You won't regret it. I did and it was great advice!

:thumbs:

The K3 is no longer the time saver it was. To save 2-4 weeks on the visa process is not worth the headache of the coming months. I know that sounds weird and it's hard to believe because each day you're apart is so hard. But think big picture. Does your husband want to work when he arrives or is he ok with months of not working? Does he want a drivers license or is he ok with needing you to take him around?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi Vanessa:

We went with CR1 as well. Great information provided by the above posters. Another thing if you husband wants to obtain his driver's license & open a bank account or joint bank account with you he will need so many points in proof of identity & having his green card & social security number off that bat is a big plus!

Good luck with your decision :star:

SUE & NASR. EDDINE

Married March 25, 2004 - Tunis, Tunisia

Timelines are now in profile

02/23/05- Husband arrives............POE Newark, NJ!

CITIZENSHIP

02/23/09 - mailed citizenship papers to Lewisville, TX - priority mail

02/26/09 - received at TX

03/04/09 - Service Center deposits check

03/04/09 - NOA date

03/06/09 - check posted to my account

03/09/09 - NOA received in mail

06/04/09 - called Customer Service - in regards to not receiving bio appointment

06/13/09 - received letter in regards to my inquiry to Customer Service - stating husband had recently missed biometric appointment (never received a notice in mail) - going to be rescheduled - letter dated 06/05/09

06/17/09 - received Notice for biometrics appointment - dated 06/12/09

06/26/09 - Biometrics Appointment - St. Albans, VT

08/20/09 - Received Interview Appointment Letter

10/05/09 - Interview - Albany, NY- PASSED

10/23/09 - Oath Ceremony - Fort Edward, NY

01/28/10 - applied for US Passport

02/19/10 - received back naturalization certificate

02/22/10 - received US Passport

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi everyone ,,, wow this thread so interested ,, in fact after i read all the posting i got lots of fears ... i'm k3 and we got approve for both I-130 and I-129 but we went into I-129 which means K3 i done my interview in the embassy in Cairo OCT ,22,,2009 since that i'm waiting to hear from the embassy to send me my passport with the visa God willing , so now is there a way to change the type of the visa after i go there or its too late to do it , i mean how i can make things faster is there a way for doing this or i just have to deal with all the rest of process with K3 once i be there ,, i need your advice guys and what the best way to do once i got my visa ,, thanks so much , have a blessed day all .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Timeline

The only way to change the visa type would be to pay the fee's for the CR1 at the NVC and have a CR1 interview scheduled. Once you interview for the CR1 the K3 is cancelled and the approved visa would be a CR1 visa

Timeline
The only way to change the visa type would be to pay the fee's for the CR1 at the NVC and have a CR1 interview scheduled. Once you interview for the CR1 the K3 is cancelled and the approved visa would be a CR1 visa

Thanks New Beginnings i got it but i cant do it now cause as i said i done the interview already with K3 so cant make it all over again ,, so i guess no way to make any change for it by now ,, thanks again .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

One thing to keep in mind... Lawyers LOVE k-3s as it is soooo much more paperwork and $$$ for them!!! In most cases, if you do not have any "issues" (past crimes, deportations, denials, or other possible wrenches) you can do this whole process MUCH faster by using these boards and wiki and guides and doing it your self... after all who cares more about your case then YOU???

mounir: Not sure if it is possible to change? was your case approved at NVC?? If not, then you would probably be taking a step back... But if it has, you can certainly ask the consulate... But the K3 WILL get your SO over here... but it is just a matter that there is a whole other boatload of stuff to do and hoops to jump through... But each person has to decide which visa is the correct one for them and their personal situation...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Thanks again everyone. Like I said I thought the adjustment process was pretty much the same for the K3 and CR1 but I understand the difference now and why everyone is so against the K3. Thanks!

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Timeline
One thing to keep in mind... Lawyers LOVE k-3s as it is soooo much more paperwork and $$$ for them!!! In most cases, if you do not have any "issues" (past crimes, deportations, denials, or other possible wrenches) you can do this whole process MUCH faster by using these boards and wiki and guides and doing it your self... after all who cares more about your case then YOU???

mounir: Not sure if it is possible to change? was your case approved at NVC?? If not, then you would probably be taking a step back... But if it has, you can certainly ask the consulate... But the K3 WILL get your SO over here... but it is just a matter that there is a whole other boatload of stuff to do and hoops to jump through... But each person has to decide which visa is the correct one for them and their personal situation...

thanks for the reply christeen and yes we got approved for both I_129 and I-130 at NVC but the consulate used the I-129 which is K3 so now i'm almost on the last step with that cause i got an e mail from the embassy telling me the case now is pending officer's review so i really dont know if i ask for make an interview after paying the fees for I-130 then the K3 will canceld then i gonna have waiting again for months to go through the new process ,, so please can you please explain me if that right or not about waiting longer again ,, thanks so much .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Timeline
that's not correct. We interviewed for both the K3 and the CR1. You can do another interview for the CR1

thanks for the reply New Beginnings so if i can make another interview for CR1 and now i'm almost on the last step with K3 cause remember they sent me an e mail telling me my case now is pending co review so this step will canceled and i gonna need to wait for the new interview then waiting again for all the steps after the interview ? thanks again and sorry for asking much about that just i got some confused and need to decide fast what the better to do , best of luck .

Mounir and Suzie

UFHJ.jpg

pJWdp2.png

Timeline

I guess it depends on how long the CO review is. We were in AP for a few weeks after the K3 interview, then we had our CR1 interview and were in AP for 2 more weeks after that. We received the visa almost exactly 2 weeks later and it was the CR1 visa because the K3 is cancelled once you interview for the CR1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.