MMarc

CCP Process

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I'm sorry that it has taken me this long to get a reply from her. This is what she told me. Every company (if it is legitimate) has CCP representation known as, 党支部. This is who your wife will need to go to get this letter. Our friend said that she went in to her CCP reps office and explained her situation and they were able to provide the letter specified on her blue sheet.

Wow, that sounds to easy!!! I have been reading that it is a major deal when going into a CCP office. I've heard they try to keep you as a member and it's a major interrogation about why your quitting. Qian is not working for any company right now so that proves to be a problem (for talking to a CCP representative), unless you are saying that she could just walk into a company and ask for the CCP representative, is that what you are saying???

Did your friend say how long it took to get the letter and how did she receive it, by mail or did she pickup, etc. Thanks.

She didn't say anything about a lot of questions, but I assume that there were a few. No, she did not say how long it took. I'm not saying that you should just walk into any company and ask for this letter。 A company‘s 党支部specifically works with people of that company. I've heard that some smaller companies actually share an office with another company. This is all that I know on the subject - and will probably be all the help I can offer. Anything more than this would be speculation on my part; my wife was not a CCP member so we were able to avoid this headache. Hope this helps

My fiance is going for her interview 12-28-09 and she is a CCP member, we have all of the same things you had, she has a letter both in english and chinese, she has a copy of the question, she has a answer sheet to all of these questions, all of which she will give to the interviewer,the only thing she doesn't have is a letter from the CCP. She doesn't have that because she doesn't want to cause problems within her job, and most people in China don't tell there boses they are leaving to go to the USA untill they know for sure they got there visa. Even the papers sent in #4 tell them not to quit their job so my fiance is going to tell the interviewer that it would cost her maybe her job, if not it would be very degrading and possible some kind of bad treatment threw out the company, as she has a very good job for the goverment, so she really can't quite the CCP untill she get her pink slip. So it is a well known fact that most stay quite untill the last moment. This CCP thing is nothing, but why they make it a big deal I will never know. I have read that some even get pink, even though they have this ccp on the forms. I am hoping for the best.

Klye, thanks for the help

Silverfox5859

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Because it's a federal law forbidding CCP members from China, Vietnam, North Korea, and two other countries from getting resident visas (K-1 defined this way for this purpose b/c of long-term intent), I believe the visa officer is duty-bound to give blue slips to admitted CCP members. Bringing a letter of explanation and C.V. to the interview may relieve one of the blue slip, depending on the visa officer. See the Foreign Affairs Manual for our government's instructions to its staff on this subject, and use the relevant parts for citation purposes as necessary: www.state.gov/documents/organization/86972.pdf.

My fiancee had her interview 12/17, faxed her response or "appeal" (my word) on 12/28, and received approval on 1/28. I went to GUZ with her to fill out final forms on 2/24, at which point the consulate express mailed the actual visa in her passport to her address. An expensive second trip, but we visited the amazing South China Botanical Gardens (15-minute city bus ride) while we were in Guangzhou--best place to avoid the pollution, I think.

In the letter my fiancee explained the pressure on her to join and remain a member for professional reasons. She explained that her resignation would take place on her departure. Per the FAM above, the U.S. State Dept. recognizes that visa applicants should not endanger themselves in totalitarian countries by asking for letters confirming resignation from the governing party.

Presumably the resume/C.V. is to show that the CCP member had no involvement with the political side of the party, which is in other ways like Phi Beta Kappa and a fraternal organization combined. The CCP recruits the top students in each department at every university for good PR and provides direct employment to any number of placeholders and officials' children or relations. It's that political side that may be the deal breaker although obviously a great many CCP members come here on student and work visas, and the US recognizes the PRC government, which in theory is trying to overthrow our democracy, while it serves as our federal credit line and biggest trading partner.

One could lie and my fiancee met or read of several women who did so. The US security bureaucracy doesn't have a membership list, which contains about five percent of China's population, many with the same name. Unless you're beloved is related to Hu Jintao, she or he could lie and probably get away with it, but we didn't want to take that chance now or down the road.

Although the forms indicate that the justification for exemption from the law (threat to livelihood in my now-wife's case) may be sent to DC for review by a visa security committee, I don't know if they were. At present they digitize everything and email it, so the processing and transfer is faster. I also wrote my senators and congressman, and one senator's office contacted GUZ to express an interest in the outcome of the review. Politicians cannot request a positive outcome. (I also suggested in my requests that my representatives consider revising this part of immigration law so that the State Dept. and Homeland Security could apply their limited resources on more serious threats, like that would-be Christmas Day bomber who got on two airplanes despite many warnings.)

The same question arises in the AOS 485 form, for which my fiancee revised her letter and updated her C.V.

Another website, www.candleforlove.com, is devoted exclusively to Chinese-American K-1s and K-3s. It overlaps with VJ but has a great deal of useful information specific to China in its links and forums.

Judson

Poindexter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey Poindexter - great writeup !! Thanks !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.