147 posts in this topic

This is very personal for her and I don't think any good could come from her joining the debate.

There's a debate?

My friend,

You never went fishing in Jamaica?

You get de hook and you put on de bait...

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Bottom line: Whether he has a child or not, he's painted himself into a corner. He can't leave Morocco (so he says), and, by law, he goes to jail or marries the mother of his child. Either way, he is lost to you, Diane, so there is nothing more to do. Sorry. And, if he lied, well, there is nothing to save.

Filed: Timeline
Bottom line: Whether he has a child or not, he's painted himself into a corner. He can't leave Morocco (so he says), and, by law, he goes to jail or marries the mother of his child. Either way, he is lost to you, Diane, so there is nothing more to do. Sorry. And, if he lied, well, there is nothing to save.

Party pooper <_<

Something you should know about islam...unwed mothers is not a common thing there. And when it happens its like a HUGE disgrace to the family. I'm sorry that this is happening to you and I'm certainly not trying to make you feel worse but I'm not buying his story and I feel bad that he is doing this to you. Better now than when he got here though. I know this doesnt make you feel any better and if there is anything we can do to help...please feel free to send us a private message. As I said, my husband is from Morocco and if there are any unanswered questions you may have about culture and "the norm" there, we certainly would love to help you. Take care.

lol @ this truly hilarious cultural, factual insight. i don't even know where to begin...

You should stop before you begin. It's just like pre-1950s America. Luckily, the church crowd lost plenty of ground over the years and we don't have to live like that anymore in this country.

It's funny how comedy can reveal deep truths about a sad segment of our society. For example: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/area_...ate_defender_of

Good luck. You have much to overcome with which your pistol cannot help you.

my post was not understood correctly. my point was, there are plenty of unwed mothers in morocco. moroccans fornicate just like everyone else does. the consequences of such behavior are more often than not handled in an utterly disgraceful, misogynistic manner. to frame that in terms of "Something you should know about islam..." like 'DrissandAmy4ever' did was what i objected to. there is nothing islamic about the depraved treatment of these women and their conceived out of wedlock children.

i have no idea what the previous poster's point was. but it had nothing to do with what i was saying.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Something you should know about islam...unwed mothers is not a common thing there. And when it happens its like a HUGE disgrace to the family. I'm sorry that this is happening to you and I'm certainly not trying to make you feel worse but I'm not buying his story and I feel bad that he is doing this to you. Better now than when he got here though. I know this doesnt make you feel any better and if there is anything we can do to help...please feel free to send us a private message. As I said, my husband is from Morocco and if there are any unanswered questions you may have about culture and "the norm" there, we certainly would love to help you. Take care.

lol @ this truly hilarious cultural, factual insight. i don't even know where to begin...

You should stop before you begin. It's just like pre-1950s America. Luckily, the church crowd lost plenty of ground over the years and we don't have to live like that anymore in this country.

It's funny how comedy can reveal deep truths about a sad segment of our society. For example: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/area_...ate_defender_of

my post was not understood correctly. my point was, there are plenty of unwed mothers in morocco. moroccans fornicate just like everyone else does. the consequences of such behavior are more often than not handled in an utterly disgraceful, misogynistic manner. to frame that in terms of "Something you should know about islam..." like 'DrissandAmy4ever' did was what i objected to. there is nothing islamic about the depraved treatment of these women and their conceived out of wedlock children.

i have no idea what the previous poster's point was. but it had nothing to do with what i was saying.

Not everybody is muslim in Morocco either.

I think all the Moroccans I know are jewish.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Dear OP, very sorry to hear this situation. Maybe you can suggest to him that you can go live over there with him for sometime. Get to know his child, let him get a job and help support his child, you get to spend time with your fiance and get to know him better, experience more of Morocco and enjoy life over there for awhile. Sounds like a great idea and hopefully he would readily accept that! :thumbs:

Please PalmTreeGurl, open your eyes. The man doesn't want her to live with him in Morocco, girl he wants money and a green card leading to citizenship. Heck I doubt if he makes his pass his 2yr green card before he cleaned out her bank account took all her credit cards and leave her high and dry. Atleast she is finding out what kind of character she has before she brought him over here.

So the OP should just drop the life she has here and go live with this guy and his parents where it's plainly evident that something is not right. :wacko: Once she goes to live with him he will find a job then? Is that something you would tell a close family member of yours if the situation was happening to them - just to pack up and leave to another country when they are obviously being scammed? :unsure:

I have to agree I think that is some screwed up advice. Unless the idea was to suggest this just to see his reaction. But personally, I think dumping him sounds like a better plan.

Sorry Diane. :(

I think that is what she was suggesting. See how this greencard fraud mofo would react to hearing his fiancee's plans to pack up everything and go hang in Morocco. Child please, this boy would be shaking in his boots if he heard this - he wouldn't know what to do if he lost his Americaine meal ticket. :help:

Thanks Staashi, That is exactly what I was suggesting... to see how he would react. If she suggested all that to him and he freaked out, then theres another answer right there for her. Come on MENA, think outside the box. No I dont want this lady hurt and scammed and honestly I think its messed up, but I was throwing something out there for her to toss an idea out to the fella.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Dear OP, very sorry to hear this situation. Maybe you can suggest to him that you can go live over there with him for sometime. Get to know his child, let him get a job and help support his child, you get to spend time with your fiance and get to know him better, experience more of Morocco and enjoy life over there for awhile. Sounds like a great idea and hopefully he would readily accept that! :thumbs:

Please PalmTreeGurl, open your eyes. The man doesn't want her to live with him in Morocco, girl he wants money and a green card leading to citizenship. Heck I doubt if he makes his pass his 2yr green card before he cleaned out her bank account took all her credit cards and leave her high and dry. Atleast she is finding out what kind of character she has before she brought him over here.

So the OP should just drop the life she has here and go live with this guy and his parents where it's plainly evident that something is not right. :wacko: Once she goes to live with him he will find a job then? Is that something you would tell a close family member of yours if the situation was happening to them - just to pack up and leave to another country when they are obviously being scammed? :unsure:

I have to agree I think that is some screwed up advice. Unless the idea was to suggest this just to see his reaction. But personally, I think dumping him sounds like a better plan.

Sorry Diane. :(

I think that is what she was suggesting. See how this greencard fraud mofo would react to hearing his fiancee's plans to pack up everything and go hang in Morocco. Child please, this boy would be shaking in his boots if he heard this - he wouldn't know what to do if he lost his Americaine meal ticket. :help:

Thanks Staashi, That is exactly what I was suggesting... to see how he would react. If she suggested all that to him and he freaked out, then theres another answer right there for her. Come on MENA, think outside the box. No I dont want this lady hurt and scammed and honestly I think its messed up, but I was throwing something out there for her to toss an idea out to the fella.

You know what? She might be able to get information how to contact the local police through the Moroccan consulate in a major US city.

She might be able to phone or write to them or contact them by email. Contacting the local police in HIS neighborhood would be the

best thing to do and it wouldn't even cost her a plane ticket.

She could present herself not as hoping to expose a scam but as a concerned future spouse wanting to inquire about his safety.

Consulate of Morocco - New York

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Not everybody is muslim in Morocco either.

I think all the Moroccans I know are jewish.

i don't know the status of unwed mothers and their children among the 6000 or so jewish moroccans, but if it's anything like that of moroccan muslims, i don't think that it should be framed as "something you should know about judaism..." either. does islamically based family law in morocco apply to jewish citizens there?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Police Report Through NYC Morocco Consulate

This form is primarily for Moroccan nationals to obtain police clearance from Morocco in order to fulfill homeland security etc. obligations in the US.

She can contact him and ask him to apply for a police report to be sent directly to HER in order for her to see the details of his situation from

the point of view of the police.

It also has the telephone, email & street addresses of the Moroccan consulate in NYC.

Watch him squirm... :whistle:

02/2003 - Met

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

This form is primarily for Moroccan nationals to obtain police clearance from Morocco in order to fulfill homeland security etc. obligations in the US.

She can contact him and ask him to apply for a police report to be sent directly to HER in order for her to see the details of his situation from

It also has the telephone, email & street addresses of the Moroccan consulate in NYC.

This wouldn't be in his police record--which would be a record of prior convictions. What if he has no record at all? I think that would give a false impression of the situation to the OP.

Consular Officers

Here's another link. She can call the Consul General's office, get the secretary to transfer her to a "legal officer"

who she can tell her whole story to and ask how to proceed and if they can render any assistance.

Real Arab gentlemen love helping women in distress, especially if their national honor is at stake (let's hope I'm not wrong).

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Evidence of fraud mounts - let's talk about Morocco.

I have a friend from Morocco in my office (female) so I'm not entirely out of my league in saying this.

Morocco is a much more forward-looking and developed country than most Americans would take it to be.

This being said, there are still cultural elements that tend to remain traditional.

According to the single report by the OP, the MALE child is now 11 months old.

That means he would have been born some time in January 2009.

That would have put the physical relationship around April 2008

(refuting some posts accusing him of being with the child's mother

at the same time as the OP).

If you re-read the OP's post, it clearly states that MONEY is required to make things RIGHT.

Wait a minute! - people from Morocco are shaking their heads, saying it may NOT be so much

about money, although money is definitely an issue.

What Moroccan male, having conceived a male child, would not be under pressure from BOTH

families to do the right thing and MARRY the mother?

- apparently no mention of that was made to the OP.

I wonder why?

Moroccan citizens - do you agree or disagree with this?

You're right.....he never did mention anything about having to marry her. It all does sound fishy. I appreciate everyone's advice on here.

I have a friend from Morocco in my office (female) so I'm not entirely out of my league in saying this.

Morocco is a much more forward-looking and developed country than most Americans would take it to be.

This being said, there are still cultural elements that tend to remain traditional.

If you re-read the OP's post, it clearly states that MONEY is required to make things RIGHT.

Wait a minute! - people from Morocco are shaking their heads, saying it may NOT be so much

What Moroccan male, having conceived a male child, would not be under pressure from BOTH

I wonder why?

You're right.....he never did mention anything about having to marry her. It all does sound fishy. I appreciate everyone's advice on here.

Diane,

Don't rule out the possibility of talking to the nice people at the Morocco Consulate.

I actually have 2 Moroccans in my office - one is a Moroccan citizen and the other one was born a Moroccan Jew whose family emigrated to Canada.

You have more options than you realize to get to the bottom of this.

Best of luck,

TD4Me

02/2003 - Met

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wonder why?

Agree 100% he would have to marry the mother of his child or go to prison for 5yrs.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I really appreciate it. I have not heard a word from him since he told me this news on Monday. I take that as a sign that it is over. I will cancel my K-1 petition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.