147 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This woman has just had her heart ripped out and is now in a very confusing, difficult place - scam or not. I think you have all well established your feelings on the matter and now I think it's time to leave it be. Perhaps she will take your advice, perhaps she won't but repeatedly slamming her fiance based on a short paragraph with limited information probably isn't making the situation any better for her. I assume most of you mean well and I imagine the OP is grateful for some of your insights but at this point, I feel like this is being dragged out for some peoples entertainment

To the OP - however the situation ends up going, I wish you the best. I hope things work out in a way that results in happiness - all things happen for a reason<3

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have all well established your feelings on the matter and now I think it's time to leave it be....I feel like this is being dragged out for some peoples entertainment

Exactly.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I feel like this is being dragged out for some peoples entertainment

WELCOME TO VJ!!!

Carry on.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

A question about Moroccan culture and law.... Let's say a person pulls a scam like this and there is email and chat proof. Can a police report be filed and will the person be jailed for this type of crime?

Not saying that this is a scam.. just that we've arrived somewhere with this thread and my claws are still out for any woman that has had to go through any 'other woman' type issue. I have my own stories to tell that help me relate to the OP quite well.

Edited by Jewel-8

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

I feel like this is being dragged out for some peoples entertainment

WELCOME TO VJ!!!

Carry on.

{Heard on Jerry Springer?} :devil:

The woman burst into the hotel room to find her husband having sex with another woman.

He: "What are you angry at darling?"

She: "You dirty cheating, no good $#&*@!!!!"

He: "Now, now this isn't what it looks like to you."

She: "What do you mean, you a~~hole!"

He: "I mean this is not, another woman, it's my sister - we are fraternal Siamese twins joined at the genitals!"

Now that's entertainment! :thumbs:

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This woman has just had her heart ripped out and is now in a very confusing, difficult place - scam or not. I think you have all well established your feelings on the matter and now I think it's time to leave it be. Perhaps she will take your advice, perhaps she won't but repeatedly slamming her fiance based on a short paragraph with limited information probably isn't making the situation any better for her. I assume most of you mean well and I imagine the OP is grateful for some of your insights but at this point, I feel like this is being dragged out for some peoples entertainment

To the OP - however the situation ends up going, I wish you the best. I hope things work out in a way that results in happiness - all things happen for a reason<3

I am sure if the OP has heard enough she can either voice it for herself, or request that the thread be closed. No need to speak for her, she is very capable of doing it for herself. As for our entertainment. I am hardly entertained, I am pizzed as he!! about it. This kind of ####### reflects poorly on my husband, as well as many others here on VJ.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

A question about Moroccan culture and law.... Let's say a person pulls a scam like this and there is email and chat proof. Can a police report be filed and will the person be jailed for this type of crime?

Not saying that this is a scam.. just that we've arrived somewhere with this thread and my claws are still out for any woman that has had to go through any 'other woman' type issue. I have my own stories to tell that help me relate to the OP quite well.

Interesting question - I will ask a lawyer friend about that tomorrow.

My guess is that if the OP complies, he can get away with anything because the victim (the OP) is not on Moroccan soil.

If anything it's probably INTERNATIONAL law he is braking, and enforcement depends on Morocco's participation in international agreements to prevent such fraud.

I will research that too when I have time.

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

I have a feeling that what you define as proof and what a court of law defines as proof in terms of criminal law are not one and the same.

Cheating is not illegal in most areas of the world and not prosecuted in 80% of the rest. Other than that, what do you really have here?

Edited by toma1

Filed: Timeline

I am sure if the OP has heard enough she can either voice it for herself, or request that the thread be closed. No need to speak for her, she is very capable of doing it for herself. As for our entertainment. I am hardly entertained, I am pizzed as he!! about it. This kind of ####### reflects poorly on my husband, as well as many others here on VJ.

Well said M4E. It is pathetic when anyone tries to play thought police in a thread.

I have a feeling that what you define as proof and what a court of law defines as proof in terms of criminal law are not one and the same.

Cheating is not illegal in most areas of the world and not prosecuted in 80% of the rest. Other than that, what do you really have here?

This is what we have locally, but again, Morocco would have had to agree to prosecute this type of crime by international agreement.

False Pretenses

New York

In New York, obtaining property by false pretenses, felonious breach of trust and embezzlement are included in the term larceny,[18][19][20]), but the methods of proof required to establish each crime remain as before the code. Obtaining lodging and food on credit at hotel or lodging house with intent to defraud is a misdemeanour.[21] Purchase of property by false pretences as to persons means or ability to pay is not criminal when in writing signed by the party to be charged[22]

02/2003 - Met

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I really doubt it. It would most likely be a civil case if both parties were on US soil and it happened here. And there's no such thing as international law for this. What court would that be held in?

Similar things happen a lot in other countries as well. You could probably make a fortune getting foreign people's money back from their tiraks that have three other boyfriends and don't really have a sick buffalo.

AOS Mailed 5-02-2010

NOA1 5-12-2010

Forward CSC 6-06-2010

Biometrics 6-16-2010

AOS Touch 7-10-2010

EAD Approve 7-21-2010

EAD Arrival 7-30-2010

Greencard Approve 9-08-2010

Greencard Arrives 9-15-2010

No Interview

ROC Mailed 6-12-2012

From Diane's profile:

Profile Views: 780*

Local Time: Dec 9 2009, 02:44 PM

She is monitoring this thread, but it's entirely up to her whether she makes another post.

She would be within her rights to terminate it if she so wishes.

This is very personal for her and I don't think any good could come from her joining the debate.

She's been through enough already.

02/2003 - Met

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-06-27 Biom,

This is what we have locally, but again, Morocco would have had to agree to prosecute this type of crime by international agreement.

False Pretenses

New York

In New York, obtaining property by false pretenses, felonious breach of trust and embezzlement are included in the term larceny,[18][19][20]), but the methods of proof required to establish each crime remain as before the code. Obtaining lodging and food on credit at hotel or lodging house with intent to defraud is a misdemeanour.[21] Purchase of property by false pretences as to persons means or ability to pay is not criminal when in writing signed by the party to be charged[22]

I know it's illegal... the difficult part is putting together evidence for a case. But if someone wants to pursue it:

Fraud in Morocco may involve a wide range of situations from financial fraud to relationship fraud for the purpose of obtaining a visa. If you believe you are the victim of a fraudulent scheme, you may wish to consult with an attorney to best determine what your options are under Moroccan law. Since fraud can involve a wide range of circumstances, it is difficult to provide general guidelines on how to pursue criminal charges in these issues.

There have been instances in which an American has met a Moroccan online and come to live with or visit him or her in Morocco and found themselves in financial or otherwise difficult situations while in country. If you are concerned about a family member or friend who is visiting someone he or she met online, you can contact the American Citizens Services Unit at 212-522-26-71-51.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_975.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.