147 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Bzzt! - An American green card can't make ANYTHING right for the fatherless child,

unless your reasoning is that he goes to America and gets money from his American

wife and sends it back to Morocco as voluntary child support.

My thought is this - he can send money for now, but in a few years with a greencard or citizenship in tow, he can divorce his American wife and apply for his Moroccan ex and baby - thus making a whole new family(ies)excited (his and his Moroccan chick's) for what he has the potential to offer in the future. :whistle:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Bzzt! - An American green card can't make ANYTHING right for the fatherless child,

unless your reasoning is that he goes to America and gets money from his American

or the green card is a means to an end. get the green card and subsequent citizenship in 4-6 years. divorce american wife and bring morrocan wife and child to the usa.

:rofl: sister staashi beat me to it, dagnabit <_<:P

Edited by Twisted K

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Evidence of fraud mounts - let's talk about Morocco.

I have a friend from Morocco in my office (female) so I'm not entirely out of my league in saying this.

Morocco is a much more forward-looking and developed country than most Americans would take it to be.

This being said, there are still cultural elements that tend to remain traditional.

According to the single report by the OP, the MALE child is now 11 months old.

That means he would have been born some time in January 2009.

That would have put the physical relationship around April 2008

(refuting some posts accusing him of being with the child's mother

at the same time as the OP).

If you re-read the OP's post, it clearly states that MONEY is required to make things RIGHT.

Wait a minute! - people from Morocco are shaking their heads, saying it may NOT be so much

about money, although money is definitely an issue.

What Moroccan male, having conceived a male child, would not be under pressure from BOTH

families to do the right thing and MARRY the mother?

- apparently no mention of that was made to the OP.

I wonder why?

Moroccan citizens - do you agree or disagree with this?

Talking to my husband about this, there is a large amount of visa fraud that goes on in Morocco. We know of some that have told all sorts of crazy stories to get money out of women. One was dying of cancer (lie). One needed help with an apartment each month. The amount the money she was sending was way above the amount for rent in Morocco. She even lost her home and had to move in with her sister. Did he care? No. Not just that, but many of his friends had seen him around town with many many women. And yes, they were married, not a fiance.

So as much as we would like to give Diane hope of honesty from this man we can't ignore facts to give it a cinderella fairy tale story either. First off the blood test. In one day? That one in itself is impossible.

Diane, your obviously an intelligent woman, with a big heart. Take a look at this entire picture from an outsiders point of view. Use your head. Don't take everything your husband says as truth. Because words are just that words. Look deeper.

I like what Tamera said. Not that I think you should move there, but what would he do if you "delayed the visa until this situation is corrected". And "move to Morocco to get to know his child better". Would he work like he!! to keep the visa petition alive? There are times when testing is appropriate.

Take care....if he is the cad I suspect he is I could strangle him myself.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

or the green card is a means to an end. get the green card and subsequent citizenship in 4-6 years. divorce american wife and bring morrocan wife and child to the usa.

:rofl: sister staashi beat me to it, dagnabit <_<:P

Both of you made very good points. I guess I didn't attribute that level of deviousness,

but I was just thinking about the young child in the here and now.

You're right, the baby's mom could be a co-conspirator. :thumbs:

It supports the argument that there is something fishy about no mention of

marriage to the baby's mom being mentioned in the OP's post and that it was just a matter of money.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:rofl: Never to you. :star:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Something smells very, very fishy here.

OP, use your head and act wisely.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

This must be amazingly difficult for you to take in as you just want to be with the person you have fallen in love with. Now you have been presented with all of this.

It was mentioned in an earlier post and I would also recommend that if money permits, you get on a plane and go see him. That way you can sit and have a proper conversation with your fiance and the woman he has had the child with.

If you find for sure that it is all a scam you can then start to move on with your life, I can't imagine that it will be easy for you to break off a relationship by email or phone and get over someone you love. Atleast by seeing him you will get chance to say goodbye and hopefully get closure if that is the decision you make.

If he is lying then I think he will protest about you going to see him, now that would be a huge sign that all is not right as I would want my girl by my side if I was going through something like that. Just be careful and I wish you all the best.

31 Dec 2007 - Started talking online

01 Mar 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 10 days

17 Apr 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 4 days

30 May 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 18 days

5 Day vacation in San Antonio, Texas together

14 Jul 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 10 days

13 Aug 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 50 days

5 Day vacation in Boston, MA together

29 Oct 2008 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 84 days

24 Dec 2008 DAMION PROPOSED

4 Day vacation in New York together

25 Feb 2009 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 88 days

25 Jun 2009 - Damion visited Cherilyn in the US for 90 days

03 Sep 2009 - I-129F mailed

08 Sep 2009 - NOA1

20 Oct 2009 - NOA2

23 Oct 2009 - NVC Received

27 Oct 2009 - US Embassy London received

28 Oct 2009 - Cherilyn visited Damion in the UK for 5 days

18 Nov 2009 - Packet 3 arrived

18 Nov 2009 - Medical booked for 8 December

19 Nov 2009 - Packet 3 sent back

20 Nov 2009 - Received my interview date and confirmation letter

08 Dec 2009 - MEDICAL

15 Dec 2009 - INTERVIEW AT EMBASSY!!!!!!! APPROVED :)

23 Dec 2009 - Flew home for good :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Take care....if he is the cad I suspect he is I could strangle him myself.

you're scary M4H!! :o

:P

*note to self - don't get on M4H bad side. :no:

ok sorry....:ot2:

what's his address? :devil:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My thought is this - he can send money for now, but in a few years with a greencard or citizenship in tow, he can divorce his American wife and apply for his Moroccan ex and baby - thus making a whole new family(ies)excited (his and his Moroccan chick's) for what he has the potential to offer in the future. :whistle:

I think this is exactly what he planned to do! What a scammer! I myself don't think there is any

baby. Just a well tailored plan.

RUN Forest RUN!!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Something you should know about islam...unwed mothers is not a common thing there. And when it happens its like a HUGE disgrace to the family. I'm sorry that this is happening to you and I'm certainly not trying to make you feel worse but I'm not buying his story and I feel bad that he is doing this to you. Better now than when he got here though. I know this doesnt make you feel any better and if there is anything we can do to help...please feel free to send us a private message. As I said, my husband is from Morocco and if there are any unanswered questions you may have about culture and "the norm" there, we certainly would love to help you. Take care.

lol @ this truly hilarious cultural, factual insight. i don't even know where to begin...

You should stop before you begin. It's just like pre-1950s America. Luckily, the church crowd lost plenty of ground over the years and we don't have to live like that anymore in this country.

It's funny how comedy can reveal deep truths about a sad segment of our society. For example: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/area_...ate_defender_of

Good luck. You have much to overcome with which your pistol cannot help you.

Edited by Robert and Sun

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think this is exactly what he planned to do! What a scammer! I myself don't think there is any

I was just going to say that. Who knows if there even is a child.

well tailored and cruel plan, if you ask me.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Timeline

:thumbs: I concur.

:thumbs: I concur.

Yes with no baby the plan is even easier to execute, especially if she is too embarrassed to visit Morocco to check things out first-hand.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.