Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol::lol::lol:

and where's the OP???? :pop:

At Western Union wiring some money!!!!

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Dear OP, very sorry to hear this situation. Maybe you can suggest to him that you can go live over there with him for sometime. Get to know his child, let him get a job and help support his child, you get to spend time with your fiance and get to know him better, experience more of Morocco and enjoy life over there for awhile. Sounds like a great idea and hopefully he would readily accept that! :thumbs:

Please PalmTreeGurl, open your eyes. The man doesn't want her to live with him in Morocco, girl he wants money and a green card leading to citizenship. Heck I doubt if he makes his pass his 2yr green card before he cleaned out her bank account took all her credit cards and leave her high and dry. Atleast she is finding out what kind of character she has before she brought him over here.

To the other person you are beutiful and more then capable of finding another beloved. If you like MENA Men like I do hunny there are pleanty of them just pray for ALLAH to send you the right one for you.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

I remember a thread that was very popular last summer (when I joined VJ) called "Straight Talk About Sex"

where the OP was devastated by his situation which I won't go into. Everybody joined in much like this one

and he made one appearance after his initial post and was never seen again. The mods shut it down.

The OP here probably started out thinking that if enough people heard about her situation there might be hope

and someone might give a viable solution. Whatever we say here won't affect her as much however as her

friends and family who have been getting progress reports on her VJ. For them now there will be silence.

That will be the painful part, with their eyes saying "I told you so" much more than any words could ever do.

Nobody can pick up the pieces but her, and suffice it to say that since there were no children resulting

from their short relationship, it will be easier to tell him it's over. The child that was born to give evidence

for the termination of his VJ is an angel that she must be thankful for. If not for him or her she would

probably experience the pain of divorce at some point. Better now than later.

Some people expect her to come back and give a step-by-step report of what she has done or going to

do. If she does I'd be surprised. She didn't undergo just a change of mood but a change of her life.

The initial shock made her think "My life was great but now it stinks" but after the passage of time

she should start thinking: "I was going to enter into a nightmare marriage but now I've put that

behind me and I can live life as I please."

Good night and god bless.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I remember a thread that was very popular last summer (when I joined VJ) called "Straight Talk About Sex"

where the OP was devastated by his situation which I won't go into. Everybody joined in much like this one

and he made one appearance after his initial post and was never seen again. The mods shut it down.

The OP here probably started out thinking that if enough people heard about her situation there might be hope

and someone might give a viable solution. Whatever we say here won't affect her as much however as her

friends and family who have been getting progress reports on her VJ. For them now there will be silence.

That will be the painful part, with their eyes saying "I told you so" much more than any words could ever do.

Nobody can pick up the pieces but her, and suffice it to say that since there were no children resulting

from their short relationship, it will be easier to tell him it's over. The child that was born to give evidence

for the termination of his VJ is an angel that she must be thankful for. If not for him or her she would

Some people expect her to come back and give a step-by-step report of what she has done or going to

do. If she does I'd be surprised. She didn't undergo just a change of mood but a change of her life.

The initial shock made her think "My life was great but now it stinks" but after the passage of time

she should start thinking: "I was going to enter into a nightmare marriage but now I've put that

Wise words.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Wise words.

Very. I've been following this thread, and I don't think it could have been put any better than that.

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I am just devasated. We are in the middle of the K-1 process. My fiance has his medical on 12/24 and interview on 1/14. Yesterday the police informed him that a women (ex-girlfriend) has stated that she has a son and he is the father. He went to the hospital and had a test and he said it did prove he was the father. The boy is 11 months old and she just now is coming forward! She wants him to pay. He has no money to pay her. So the police took his passport so he can not leave! I am just crushed.

"Yesterday the police informed him that a women (ex-girlfriend) has stated that she has a son and he is the father. He went to the hospital and had a test and he said it did prove he was the father. "

That was a very FAST test!!!

All done in 1 day????

That is too fast. Even in America, it takes quite some time to process the DNA samples.

How does that saying go?? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck!! Something way wrong with this story! Do not send money!

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I read your post this afternoon at work and I have been thinking about it ever since. I discussed it with my husband, who is also from Morocco. I'm finding his story very hard to believe. First because my husband told me the police will not be involved. What has to happen is she (the ex girlfriend) would have to petition the courts for a paternity test. That takes time. He would be requested to appear in court and then requested to take the test. After the test (which will also take time...not a day)...he would or would not be proven to be the father. If he is...he will be required to marry this woman. If he refused he will be sent to prison for 5 years. I also told my husband that he told you the police took his passport. Also untrue. The first thing my husband said ...after laughing of course...was that the police would not know he possessed a passport and that the passport has nothing to do with anything.

You may want to have further discussions with your fiance because his story does not add up. I'm not saying he did not father a child...I'm just saying if he did...he would have known for much longer than a day or two.

Something you should know about islam...unwed mothers is not a common thing there. And when it happens its like a HUGE disgrace to the family. I'm sorry that this is happening to you and I'm certainly not trying to make you feel worse but I'm not buying his story and I feel bad that he is doing this to you. Better now than when he got here though. I know this doesnt make you feel any better and if there is anything we can do to help...please feel free to send us a private message. As I said, my husband is from Morocco and if there are any unanswered questions you may have about culture and "the norm" there, we certainly would love to help you. Take care.

lol @ this truly hilarious cultural, factual insight. i don't even know where to begin...

Right on Amy, that is what I was gonna say. A friend of my husband's was accused of fathering a child out of wedlock in Morocco. He said that he would rather go to jail than to marry this girl, so that's what happened to him. They don't play around over there about fathering children out of wedlock. :thumbs:

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
May be for the better. How long has your relationship been going on?

Wow, what positive advice. :angry:

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Why was his passport taken? That seems a bit of a drastic response

I was wondering the same thing? :unsure:

To OP did you ask him why they took his passport?

(Assuming the story is true), here in the US they put a hold on your passport if you have unpaid child support. So, it's not totally out of the question...

MR. & MRS. CACEREZ

K-1 Process

10.23.08 - sent K1 packet

10.29.08 - NOA1

02.19.09 - NOA2 113 days, Igor's #226

04.13.09 - Interview, Visa in hand next day

04.19.09 - POE Atlanta

04.20.09 - Married!

AOS Process

06.09.09 - sent AOS,EAD,AP packet

06.17.09 - NOAs issued

06.24.09 - Biometrics done (3 weeks earlier than appt date)

07.03.09 - received RFE for I-693 (dated 6.29, responded 7.07)

07.23.09 - transferred to CSC (received letter 7.27)

07.29.09 - EAD Card Production Ordered & AP Approved

11.23.09 - AOS touched - card production ordered & welcome letter sent - 13 months exactly after initially applying for K-1!

12.03.09 - GC arrived in mail

Removal of Conditions Process

07.28.11 - received reminder letter from USCIS to remove conditions before 11.18.11

09.28.11 - mailed I-751 packet

10.03.11 - NOA

10.05.11 - check cashed

11.25.11 - Biometrics

07.24.12 - GC approved!

08.01.12 - GC arrived in mail

Citizenship Process

12.16.16 - sent N400 packet

12.23.16 - NOA issued

01.27.17 - Biometrics done

02.01.17 - put in line for interview

03.15.17 - scheduled for an interview on 04.21.17, had to write a letter asking for a reschedule because we will be out of the country

03.31.17 - scheduled for an interview again

05.09.17 - Interview!

Why was his passport taken? That seems a bit of a drastic response

I was wondering the same thing? :unsure:

To OP did you ask him why they took his passport?

(Assuming the story is true), here in the US they put a hold on your passport if you have unpaid child support. So, it's not totally out of the question...

You did not read what the ladies whose husbands are from Morocco said? No hold on the passport there. Also very unusual to have an out-of-wedlock child. The guy is trying to get money out of the OP.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
I am just devasated. We are in the middle of the K-1 process. My fiance has his medical on 12/24 and interview on 1/14. Yesterday the police informed him that a women (ex-girlfriend) has stated that she has a son and he is the father. He went to the hospital and had a test and he said it did prove he was the father. The boy is 11 months old and she just now is coming forward! She wants him to pay. He has no money to pay her. So the police took his passport so he can not leave! I am just crushed.

"Yesterday the police informed him that a women (ex-girlfriend) has stated that she has a son and he is the father. He went to the hospital and had a test and he said it did prove he was the father. "

That was a very FAST test!!!

All done in 1 day????

That is too fast. Even in America, it takes quite some time to process the DNA samples.

Not on the Maury Povich show! :jest:

remoteImage.gif

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.