147 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I saw an OTC paternity test at CVS the other day.

Anyhoo...

That is so insane, and unrealistic. Ok is there a CVS in Morocco? What about the laws there in Morocco?

Yeah, doubtful they're available in Morocco. I guess you still have to send the DNA sample in for testig though.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

OP, it's sad indeed. But take a couple of steps back and think for a few days before doing anything at all. The situation seems like fiction, and maybe it really is a good act on his part. :whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
OP, it's sad indeed. But take a couple of steps back and think for a few days before doing anything at all. The situation seems like fiction, and maybe it really is a good act on his part. :whistle:

Really bad advice. Why would you promote a scam artist.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:whistle::unsure:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

i'm sorry to hear about your problem :( but i really think something is not right here, either. protect yourself before anything else, use your head, not your heart! good luck...and pray.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Anyhoo...

I believe they are used to take samples and then be mailed off to a lab. I'm not 100% sure, but I know that is how a lot of at-home kit are.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I am just devasated. We are in the middle of the K-1 process. My fiance has his medical on 12/24 and interview on 1/14. Yesterday the police informed him that a women (ex-girlfriend) has stated that she has a son and he is the father. He went to the hospital and had a test and he said it did prove he was the father. The boy is 11 months old and she just now is coming forward! She wants him to pay. He has no money to pay her. So the police took his passport so he can not leave! I am just crushed.

"Yesterday the police informed him that a women (ex-girlfriend) has stated that she has a son and he is the father. He went to the hospital and had a test and he said it did prove he was the father. "

That was a very FAST test!!!

All done in 1 day????

My thought exactly :blink:

I have a relative in Morocco who has two kids that he's only marginally taken care of for the last 4 years due to a disagreement with his ex-wife. No one took his passport. He went off and married another woman and lives in France, now. Comes and goes from France to Morocco as he pleases. His story seems very fishy. Sorry, but you need to seriously consider that he is scamming you.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Anyhoo...

I believe they are used to take samples and then be mailed off to a lab. I'm not 100% sure, but I know that is how a lot of at-home kit are.

There is no way a DNA test could be done in some sort of over the counter manner. It most certainly is something that you mail off to the lab.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

please run the other way fast. this is all sounding peculiar and in the words of Judge Judy, "If it doesn't make sense, it is probably not true."

JudgeJudy.jpg

Edited by Twisted K

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Let's play the devil's advocate (for a moment) and imagine that he is innocent. :devil: => :innocent:

:idea: These things would have had to happen, in order to support that =>

Scenario A -

1) There was an unwed mother who couldn't identify the father.

2) Someone in the OP's fiancé's family was motivated to bribe the mother to say that the OP's fiancé was the father.

3) The same person in his family would have had to bribe doctor(s) or hospital authorities to produce a bogus DNA test.

4) The same person would have had to bribe police and government officials to arrest him and remove his passport.

(or)

Scenario B -

1) There was an unwed mother who couldn't identify the father.

5) (in place of 2) to 4)) - there was a person in the OP's family that was so powerful

that he wouldn't need to pay any bribes but could just order those things in 2), 3) and 4) to happen.

But then ladies & germs, there is Scenario C -

Everything happened exactly as it was reported to the OP.

{Peter Faulk scratching his head}

What to believe?

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I also spoke to my husband and he said the same thing .The guy would have to marry her or he would go to jail. This guy thinks he could get a way with scamming you .But you were smart and ask other ppl frist . I wish you the best of luck .

Brooklyn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dear OP, very sorry to hear this situation. Maybe you can suggest to him that you can go live over there with him for sometime. Get to know his child, let him get a job and help support his child, you get to spend time with your fiance and get to know him better, experience more of Morocco and enjoy life over there for awhile. Sounds like a great idea and hopefully he would readily accept that! :thumbs:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.