mox

Guns and Pie

392 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What I learned from this thread ...

Gary will be very successful as a Science Fiction writer. Every one of his stories is more unbelievable than the previous ...

... or he can also make it as a fairy-tale writer, because all his stories end "happily ever after."

:rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
What I learned from this thread ...

Gary will be very successful as a Science Fiction writer. Every one of his stories is more unbelievable than the previous ...

... or he can also make it as a fairy-tale writer, because all his stories end "happily ever after."

:rofl:

what I learned is that Mox is NOT VV's "yes man" they are just equally ignorant as to how to train children to live with firearms

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
what I learned is that Mox is NOT VV's "yes man" they are just equally ignorant as to how to train children to live with firearms

What I learned from this thread is that to hell with a kid growing up a retard, as long as he/she can handle a gun!!!

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

:thumbs:
What I learned from this thread is that to hell with a kid growing up a retard, as long as he/she can handle a gun!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

[cleaning a firearm is probably the best way to give your young child lead poisoning.

Obviously this person knows nothing about firearms and cleaning them and most definately not much about lead poisoning and the routes into the human body.

As another uneducated poster mentioned, firearms are not "coated in lead", unless that person is dipping them into lead dust?!!!! Maybe they are, but most of us just use Tung Oil!!!

Lead can enter the body by either inhalation (need molten, fuming lead for this to happen, only at plating shops) or ingestion. Yes a 3 year old can get some lead on their hands and then put them into their mouths, but when cleaning with the usual cleaning solutions and solvents, the dust is bound up in the solvent and you'd have to drink that or put the coated patch into your mouth. I don't think Gary allowed his kid to do that. Yuck, Kah Kah.

Fact for you all. You hear all the time about kids getting lead poisoning from eating lead paint chips. These kids are hungry. Lead paint chips taste sweet. They think it is candy.

And my 2.5 year old could fire a gun if it was loaded and maybe cocked for him. And put a shell into the chamber, yes he is very quick to see what I do and emulate that after only one watching session. He does have a natural two handed pistol grip and stance. Good Boy!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Timeline
[cleaning a firearm is probably the best way to give your young child lead poisoning.

Obviously this person knows nothing about firearms and cleaning them and most definately not much about lead poisoning and the routes into the human body.

As another uneducated poster mentioned, firearms are not "coated in lead", unless that person is dipping them into lead dust?!!!! Maybe they are, but most of us just use Tung Oil!!!

Go to a busy range. Fire your pistol for an hour. Have it tested for lead particulates. Be surprised when it comes back positive.

Fact for you all. You hear all the time about kids getting lead poisoning from eating lead paint chips. These kids are hungry. Lead paint chips taste sweet. They think it is candy.

Er...I've never heard this one. Young children like paint chip because it peels easily off the wall, and they have oral fixations.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

When it comes to environmental hazards like lead, I always take extra precautions. I started taking my son shooting when he as about 8 or 9 years old. Yes, lead is most harmful to younger children, so I felt he had fully a fully developed central nervous system and less vulnerable. We never stayed long at the range and did a thorough clean-up.

I also think 8 or 9 is about when kids can learn and retain training on guns and gun safety.

Gary reminds me of the star actor in the movie "Shoot Em Up." The guy has this baby in the bathtub as a make shift crib. He's cleaning his gun and the kid smiles, so he starts explaining to this newborn about the gun. The kid smiles and smiles.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Er...I've never heard this one. Young children like paint chip because it peels easily off the wall, and they have oral fixations.

Here ya go:

Lead is Sweet

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm considering getting an ar in .308

from what i've read, it's based on the 30-06 case and uses same bullet. confirm? thoughts?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

He does have a natural two handed pistol grip and stance. Good Boy!!

It's always nice when it's already there.

Go to a busy range. Fire your pistol for an hour. Have it tested for lead particulates. Be surprised when it comes back positive.

Once again, mox, your "I learned about this by watching the news" gun-related knowledge is proving you learned your gun-related knowledge by watching the news.

Find me one case - ONE - where lead poisoning was caused by anything remotely firearms-related.

Gary reminds me of the star actor in the movie "Shoot Em Up." The guy has this baby in the bathtub as a make shift crib. He's cleaning his gun and the kid smiles, so he starts explaining to this newborn about the gun. The kid smiles and smiles.

Shoot Em Up is an awesome movie. Guilty pleasure more than a realistic action film, but either way, it's fun to watch. And I'll watch anything with Monica Bellucci in it. She's in my top 10.

i'm considering getting an ar in .308

from what i've read, it's based on the 30-06 case and uses same bullet. confirm? thoughts?

.308 is quite possibly one of the best calibers ever manufactured. It is a "scaled down" version of the 30-06 and can use the same bullets but not the same rounds.

The AR platforms in .308 kind of suck. I've seen them fail time after time. You'd be better off to acquire a rifle in .308 that was originally made for the .308.

M-1A

G-3 (HK-91, PTR-91, etc. Not to be confused with the CETME)

FAL

I'm an AR guy myself, but only in 5.56. When I thought about "levelling up" to 7.62, I tried the above rifles and the closest "fit" for me was the HK-91. Sweet, sweet rifle and is close enough to the AR platform that it'll feel right with minimal training. The AR-10 series is cool, but when they scaled up, they just didn't beef it up enough. YMMV, of course.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
.308 is quite possibly one of the best calibers ever manufactured. It is a "scaled down" version of the 30-06 and can use the same bullets but not the same rounds.

The AR platforms in .308 kind of suck. I've seen them fail time after time. You'd be better off to acquire a rifle in .308 that was originally made for the .308.

M-1A

G-3 (HK-91, PTR-91, etc. Not to be confused with the CETME)

FAL

I'm an AR guy myself, but only in 5.56. When I thought about "levelling up" to 7.62, I tried the above rifles and the closest "fit" for me was the HK-91. Sweet, sweet rifle and is close enough to the AR platform that it'll feel right with minimal training. The AR-10 series is cool, but when they scaled up, they just didn't beef it up enough. YMMV, of course.

i've got a m-1 garand, but the capacity on those isn't as much as desired - 8 rounds. looked around briefly to see if there is such a thing as a magazine for one (understand probably have to modify the m-1 a bit for it to work that way) but it appears to be an invalid idea.

was thinking the .308 as it uses the same base case as the 30-06, same bullet, just a bit shorter is all. and in an ar platform with a magazine feed, it would be a good oh ####### gun. and of course, trying to sell the wife on that idea constricts the price range too. the ones you mention above: m1a, g-3, fal - are they under $1500?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Once again, mox, your "I learned about this by watching the news" gun-related knowledge is proving you learned your gun-related knowledge by watching the news.
Find me one case - ONE - where lead poisoning was caused by anything remotely firearms-related.

LOL! I couldn't possibly be setting myself up for this one could I? Hell, if I dug up 100 cases it wouldn't matter.

mox: Hey slim, here's a link to a guy who got firearms related lead poisoning.

slim: Yeah it's a link from the liberal media, doesn't prove anything except that the liberal media is trying to take our guns.

Why is it that anything negative that is remotely connected to firearms is liberal media misinformation from people trying to take away your guns? Science is not liberal or conservative. It is what it is.

When it comes to environmental hazards like lead, I always take extra precautions. I started taking my son shooting when he as about 8 or 9 years old. Yes, lead is most harmful to younger children, so I felt he had fully a fully developed central nervous system and less vulnerable. We never stayed long at the range and did a thorough clean-up.

I also think 8 or 9 is about when kids can learn and retain training on guns and gun safety.

only someone without a fully developed central nervous system would think that an 8 or 9 yr old child has a fully developed nervous system. and that ergo, they are less susceptible to lead.

if you cut a bullet into 1000 pieces, and a single one of those 1000 pieces was inhaled and dissolved in yr bloodstream, there would be enough lead there to cause a serious poisoning. not just moderate elevation, but a serious poisoning, like can cause you to be impotent and lower yr sperm count kind of poisoning. "thorough cleanup" sounds reassuring though.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.