mox

Guns and Pie

392 posts in this topic

Glock 39

Nice little gun, but uh..... Where do you find ammo for that thing?

ah, the .45 GAP Interesting concept, .45 in a 9mm size package. How do you like it? I bought a Kimber Ultra CDP a couple years before the GAP came out and I am satisfied it is small enough for most of my needs. If I need something smaller I get away from the .45 concept altogether and go for a .32 ACP Colt M1903 or a S&W centennial.

All the tests I have read on that gun and cartridge seem to prove up what it advertises, good choice.

Glock doesn't make "bad" pistols and I'm sure their GAP lives up to expectations, but I've always shied away from the "hybrid" chamberings. .357 SIG comes to mind, .40 S&W (although that one seems to be here to stay) and a few others.

The main reason I've done this is because I like to be able to shoot cheap ammo. - And I like to be able to purchase it without having to travel for hours or purchase from special online retailers (who may or may not be flagged by alphabet agencies) - I guess I could sum it up as saying "if they don't sell it at Wal-Mart, I probably wouldn't buy it."

I did have a 28ga. shotgun for many years. Very cool little shotgun - Browning Model 12 - but I shot maybe one box of shells through it the whole time. It's not that I didn't want to shoot it or hunt with it, but I hated searching for ammo for it. Now, I just stick to my 12 ga. Sure it's bigger and heavier (and aint nearly as pretty) but I can swing my the local savings mart to pick up shells. Finding ammo for my 28 gauge was like planning a trip to Russia.

I don't like jumping through hoops.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Nice little gun, but uh..... Where do you find ammo for that thing?

Glock doesn't make "bad" pistols and I'm sure their GAP lives up to expectations, but I've always shied away from the "hybrid" chamberings. .357 SIG comes to mind, .40 S&W (although that one seems to be here to stay) and a few others.

The main reason I've done this is because I like to be able to shoot cheap ammo. - And I like to be able to purchase it without having to travel for hours or purchase from special online retailers (who may or may not be flagged by alphabet agencies) - I guess I could sum it up as saying "if they don't sell it at Wal-Mart, I probably wouldn't buy it."

I did have a 28ga. shotgun for many years. Very cool little shotgun - Browning Model 12 - but I shot maybe one box of shells through it the whole time. It's not that I didn't want to shoot it or hunt with it, but I hated searching for ammo for it. Now, I just stick to my 12 ga. Sure it's bigger and heavier (and aint nearly as pretty) but I can swing my the local savings mart to pick up shells. Finding ammo for my 28 gauge was like planning a trip to Russia.

I don't like jumping through hoops.

handload.

Yes, it is true you will not find cheap ammo in a .45 GAP, but that is what the .45 ACP is for. You need more guns, dude! True the 28 guage is relatively expensive to shoot (even for handloading, the components cost more than for a 12 ga.) but I use mine only for skeet in the 28 ga. class, for fun shooting I use the 20 ga. The 12 gets used for skeet and trap but not much else anymore. Back when I hunted I used a Browning A5 mag for geese and turkey, that one doesn't get used much anymore.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

handload.

As long as the Wolf and Bear are cheaper, I'll never handload. I don't have the time and patience for that stuff anyway. Working in a factory kind of turns me off to production work at home too.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

cousins came by, all apricot pie is gone :(

Made 2 apple pies today. crust from scratch.

whatcha cooking?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
cousins came by, all apricot pie is gone :(

Made 2 apple pies today. crust from scratch.

whatcha cooking?

are you a shortening, butter, or mix fan? I like butter, but it does lack the fluffiness. My fav pie I have ever made was with our own northstar cherries. It was amazing. Pics are a seconded request by me!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok ok ok - i promise, next batch o pie i make, i'll take photos.

i'm a shortening fella, but try a small bit o butter too... it's just a different taste...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

We ate our last two homemade mince pies from Christmas tonight. They were still scrumptious over two weeks later thanks to keeping them chilled in the fridge (mincemeat is hardy stuff what with all that booze and candied fruit).

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
We ate our last two homemade mince pies from Christmas tonight. They were still scrumptious over two weeks later thanks to keeping them chilled in the fridge (mincemeat is hardy stuff what with all that booze and candied fruit).

And where are your pics?

No pics. I do have a very fuzzy pic of a meatloaf I made with my husband's pet name written on top in extra ketchup though. And next week I am making a gooseberry fool, which though not a pie, is nevertheless scrummy and could theoretically be put in a pie shell. Do you know how hard it is to find gooseberries in this god-forsaken country? :angry:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
No pics. I do have a very fuzzy pic of a meatloaf I made with my husband's pet name written on top in extra ketchup though. And next week I am making a gooseberry fool, which though not a pie, is nevertheless scrummy and could theoretically be put in a pie shell. Do you know how hard it is to find gooseberries in this god-forsaken country? :angry:

Yeah, you usually have to grow them if you want them. Where did you find them??

Timeline
They were tinned, alas, but better than nothing. I found them at one of the many British shops in Santa Monica.

I plan on trying to get some fresh ones this year locally and try to make some sort of pie or jam. So many pie and jam plans, so little time!

************************************** ALERT *******************************************

Meatloaf is an acceptable form of pie in the RUBbers forum. Why? Because Russians make a meatloaf pie.

********************************************************************************

Русский форум член.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
************************************** ALERT *******************************************

Meatloaf is an acceptable form of pie in the RUBbers forum. Why? Because Russians make a meatloaf pie.

********************************************************************************

Yes SIR and it is damn good!

It was my great pleasure to attend one of our frequent Russian/American parties last night. 8 couples, All RUB wives (6 Russian, 1 Ukrainian and 1 Belorussian) and 7 American and 1 Russian man (but he assimilates with us in the English section :lol: ) The food is always outstanding, enough for 40 people even though there is only 16 of us, and I always end up a desiginated driver ( I never ever drink alcohol). LOL

Great meat loaf pie, outstanding chicken salad with celery, walnuts and cranberries and a wonderful cake which I would say is "pineapple upside down cake" but they insist it is something else. Who cares?

I also accidentally spilled the beans that I have numbered the various women, in addition to their names, since there are so few names for Russian women. Anya 1 and Anya 2, Svetlana 1 and Svetlana 2, Olga 1 and Olga 2, plus Lena and Alla, of course. Once they knew that the number was designated by the order in which I had met them, and not by their relative appearance or looks, or age, they thought it was funny. How else am I supposed to keep all these women straight?

And yes, they are ALL attractive (very) and ALL married to American men (except 1) older than them by a fair to considerable amount and all the men are fat, bald and making better than average incomes (except me, I am not fat by any means) :lol: The one Russian guy is also fat bald and making good money and considerably older than his wife. It is always good to spend an evening with sterotypical American/Russian couples and know that everything is right with the world!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.