SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

are pigs flying over in California now?? :)

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Hey folks, quick question re: the couriers....

I'm not sure if anyone's had this experience, but on the day of my interview SMS's systems were down so I was given a handwritten receipt and told my tracking number would be sent in the post.

Anyone have any experience of how long this takes? I get nervous not knowing where my passport is and having no way of knowing... :wacko:

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

I'm not sure if anyone's had this experience, but on the day of my interview SMS's systems were down so I was given a handwritten receipt and told my tracking number would be sent in the post.

Anyone have any experience of how long this takes? I get nervous not knowing where my passport is and having no way of knowing... :wacko:

That happened to us. They handwrote some number on the receipt. After a few days I called to inquire. They said the number wasn't a receipt number, but found the record by using the address after I pressed them a bit. They never sent a text message about delivery. They didn't come the day they told me (verbally) was the delivery day. (The truck our package was on broke down before noon, so those deliveries didn't get done.) But they said if I would call at 7:30 the next morning, they could give me an accurate one hour window of a delivery time so I wouldn't have to spend another 10 hours stuck in the house, afraid to go in the back garden and miss the doorbell ring. Of course the "window" came and went. And of course I called again to ask if they were still coming as it was already 4:00. They actually can call the driver and find out where he is and report back, which they did for me. They were actually very nice and helpful, but I think it was because of the circumstances with no tracking number and a missed delivery day. I hope the impatient ones here don't start calling under normal circumstances. It will get like DOS. You used to get straight in on the phone and all the people were extremely helpful. Then people started calling every day when they had no issues but were just curious and impatient. So DOS is now too swamped to be as nice as they used to be.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

are pigs flying over in California now?? :)

We'll see - Our anniversary is 14 days from today - he should get his visa next week - and then ??. Hopefully he can get a ticket back before the 30th!!

:D

Marriage : 2009-06-30

CSC: 155 days

I-130: 2009-10-01

NOA1: 2009-10-15

NOA2: 2010-03-05

I-129F: 2009-10-16

NOA1: 2009-10-23

NOA2: 2010-03-05

NVC: 60 days

Case #: 2010-03-11

AOS Paid: 2010-03-15

IV Bill Paid: 2010-03-24

Package Sent: 2010-03-29

AVR says received: 2010-04-02

RFE: 2010-04-13

Sign in Fail: 2010-05-10

CONSULATE: 17 days

Medical: 2010-06-04

Interview: 2010-06-15 - APPROVED!

Visa rcv'd: 2010-06-21

POE: 2010-06-29 LAX (286 Days from when we started this whole mess!)

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Your tracking number will be 06(day of interview)2012i9(your interview number).

When you log onto their system and it asks for your postcode it will probably say that they don't have a record of it. It won't have a record until the SMS actually receive the passport. At that stage the tracker will then tell you the day that you can expect delivery. I never received a text either but the passport was delivered just after 12pm on the day they said it would be (I paid for b4 12pm service).

That happened to us. They handwrote some number on the receipt. After a few days I called to inquire. They said the number wasn't a receipt number, but found the record by using the address after I pressed them a bit. They never sent a text message about delivery. They didn't come the day they told me (verbally) was the delivery day. (The truck our package was on broke down before noon, so those deliveries didn't get done.) But they said if I would call at 7:30 the next morning, they could give me an accurate one hour window of a delivery time so I wouldn't have to spend another 10 hours stuck in the house, afraid to go in the back garden and miss the doorbell ring. Of course the "window" came and went. And of course I called again to ask if they were still coming as it was already 4:00. They actually can call the driver and find out where he is and report back, which they did for me. They were actually very nice and helpful, but I think it was because of the circumstances with no tracking number and a missed delivery day. I hope the impatient ones here don't start calling under normal circumstances. It will get like DOS. You used to get straight in on the phone and all the people were extremely helpful. Then people started calling every day when they had no issues but were just curious and impatient. So DOS is now too swamped to be as nice as they used to be.

Thanks for the tip. As it turns out, I needn't have asked, cos my passport was just delivered :D

I thought they were supposed to see my ID though? They just left it with reception downstairs...slightly worrying, I mean it's 'only' my passport... ;)

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the tip. As it turns out, I needn't have asked, cos my passport was just delivered :D

I thought they were supposed to see my ID though? They just left it with reception downstairs...slightly worrying, I mean it's 'only' my passport... ;)

I had the same experience. When the courier came to my door he said he needed to see ID. When I said, OK, I'll just go get it, wait there, he said, don't bother, just tell me what you would have shown me! Shocking, really!

Timeline

Well that was a long trip and a busy day...

Arrived at the embassy a tad after 8am for my 9am. I was surprised at the amount of people wanting to get in and at the armed cops around the place :blink:

Took ~30 mins to get through security and then after getting my number from the front desk, it was another 1hr15 before my number came up. 15 mins to check docs, be complained at for having postit notes on the paperwork and paying through the nose the $350 for the Visa :(

Ten mins after that i was called back up again, got 3 questions from a nice Carolina guy, where does she live, when did we get engaged and how long have we known each other. Then he explained he'd already read through my file and he was approving me!!! :)

It was all i could do to walk back into the main area towards the courier desk without a stupid grin on my face :)

All in all, by 10:30, i was out of the door wondering what to do until my train at 2:30. Good job it was a warm sunny day, Grosvenor Place (American Park) right outside the embassy which was beautiful to sit in and look around.

Arrived at the embassy a tad after 8am for my 9am. I was surprised at the amount of people wanting to get in and at the armed cops around the place :blink:

Took ~30 mins to get through security and then after getting my number from the front desk, it was another 1hr15 before my number came up. 15 mins to check docs, be complained at for having postit notes on the paperwork and paying through the nose the $350 for the Visa :(

Ten mins after that i was called back up again, got 3 questions from a nice Carolina guy, where does she live, when did we get engaged and how long have we known each other. Then he explained he'd already read through my file and he was approving me!!! :)

It was all i could do to walk back into the main area towards the courier desk without a stupid grin on my face :)

All in all, by 10:30, i was out of the door wondering what to do until my train at 2:30. Good job it was a warm sunny day, Grosvenor Place (American Park) right outside the embassy which was beautiful to sit in and look around.

:thumbs: well done, it wasn't so bad after all was it?! B-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congrats! Said exactly the same thing to me, wonder if it was the same chap!

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!

event.png

event.png

event.png

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex, FrostyMist

viol8torUK, TeamMoran, D_G, Andrew + Bethany, RUSSandRACHEL, david'sgirl/Scotinmass, Nikki-UK

earlgreygirl, jonoger1984, jenanddan2010, amykathleen2005

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Hindocha, munkeynuts, yorkshirerose22, .Jay'n'Terri, ajbe1986, brit la, Think~Pink, h1a1, karenista

March 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

kjrrem, MattHeartCass, jkminney, pwac, Justine+David, moss, ruth_a, david b

April 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

ohlpomr, Rito, Hellojulie, musikgal06, Hokie97, Ricky+Vanessa, JMR

May 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Kristen & David, Gela, sveta & jeff, sara & Alex, ztaylor, Archeon, Amy and Michael, nickm, doghandler

Adrian+Mike, jennareid, staceyafreeman

June 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

May Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........ThomasBell............18 May 2010 (123 days)

CR-1........A Miller..............25 May 2010 (85 days)

June Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........Leenie.................1 June 2010 (50 days):star:

K-1.........Y&E....................2 June 2010 (70 days):star:

K-1.........SunDrop..............2 June 2010 (33 days) :star:

K-1.........Twowls................2 June 2010 (47 days) :star:

K-1.........W+R...................7 June 2010 (48 days):star:

K-1.........MJM....................8 June 2010 (82 days)

K-1.........Miss Jess.............10 June 2010 (80 days):star:

K-1.........DukeofYork...........11 June 2010 (62 days) :star:

CR-1........Christi and Ian.....15 June 2010 (75 days):star:

K-1.........F2C-MaDMaXX.......16 June 2010 (69 days):star:

K-1.........MrStrain14............17 June 2010 (56 days)

K-1.........Memmab..............17 June 2010 (58 days)

K-1.........arwilson................17 June 2010 (34 days)

K-1.........TransATL..............17 June 2010 (52 days)

July Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........A and J...............15 July 2010 (86 days) *extended at applicant's request. Was 51 days.

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

K-1..W + M P3 sent 20 April

Between NOA2 and P3

visacat - NOA2: 21 May

Dawn654

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Approved!

My fiance's interview was this morning at 8am. She arrived at 7:00 am, and was the 3rd in line. She was called to the first window after 20 minutes. The second window called her about 45 minutes later. It was all over by 9am and she was approved! Now we are just waiting on the courier for next week (hopefully).

The only affidavit of support (Form I-134) evidence that was taken from my fiance was my 2009 tax transcript. The rest of the evidence (about 3 more pieces of information such as bank and investment statements) was glanced at, but not requested. Other than that, she supplied her birth certificate, divorce decree and police certificates (Poland and UK).

The first woman she met took the original and photocopies (and took fingerprints). The second woman who called her to a different desk returned the originals to my fiance. The second woman also took fingerprints (right hand only). And my fiance swore the oath before the second woman, who also asked some questions: (i) How we met? (ii) when did I propose? and (iii) how often have we been seeing each other? and (iv) do she intend to work in the US? Both women asked my fiance about her intended date of entry into the US.

No problems whatsoever. She told me the interview seemed like a formality. She spent about 5 minutes at the second window. The second woman said the visa would arrive in about 5 working days and described the manner of packaging.

All in all - a good experience!

22 Sep 2010 - Transfer notice (case sent to CSC)

21 Sep 2010 - Biometrics in Atlanta, GA

31 Aug 2010 - NOA1s for I-485, I-131, and I-765

24 Aug 2010 - AOS package received by USCIS Chicago

23 Aug 2010 - Sent AOS package via FEDEX

23 Jul 2010 - MARRIED!

30 Jun 2010 - POE: Atlanta, GA

23 Jun 2010 - visa delivered

17 Jun 2010 - interview APPROVED!

17 Jun 2010 - interview scheduled

19 May 2010 - Packet 4 received

17 May 2010 - Medical scheduled

26 Apr 2010 - sent back Packet 3 to London embassy

21 Apr 2010 - Packet 3 received in mail

-- --- 2010 - no NOA2 record or letter!

15 Dec 2009 - NOA1 (electronic)

11 Dec 2009 - VSC cashed payment check

10 Dec 2009 - VSC rec'd I-129F

9 Dec 2009 - sent I-129F to VSC

Timeline

That was pretty much my experience, all well and good. The place in Carolina the guy was from has the same name as the place i'm going to in another state :)

Trying to book tickets at the moment, but would i be right in saying that i should try hard to make my POE my destination (other side of states) otherwise i'm likely to miss my connecting flight?

Then he explained he'd already read through my file and he was approving me!!! :)

Congratulations!!! :dance:

Approved!

Way to gooooooooo!! :dance:

Dancing smileys for the both of you :D

Good luck to the 17th of June group!

Agreed :thumbs: Lots of you on that date!!

Quick question! Does anyone know about the ESTA form thing? K-1 holders don't have to bother filling it out, right? My fiance is a bit unsure about that.

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.