SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancee is in London as I type this. Her interview is at 9am. I'm hoping for a phone call to wake me up with good news in the morning!

RoC Timeline

08/20/2012: Sent I-751 to California Service Center

Our Immigration Checklist

Hi guys.....I got approved today!!!!

LONG wait at the embassy but really really positive experience (much better than my 2 previous visits as a non-immigrant visa applicant!!) - at the end of my 90 second interview the CO congratulated me and welcomed me to the family :)

High as a kite...spent a great afternoon in London afterwards with my best friend/maid of honour...just got back to Leeds now and absolutely WIPED but wanted to spread the good news!! :D

Photo%2024.jpg

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Timeline

Hi guys.....I got approved today!!!!

LONG wait at the embassy but really really positive experience (much better than my 2 previous visits as a non-immigrant visa applicant!!) - at the end of my 90 second interview the CO congratulated me and welcomed me to the family :)

High as a kite...spent a great afternoon in London afterwards with my best friend/maid of honour...just got back to Leeds now and absolutely WIPED but wanted to spread the good news!! :D

Photo%2024.jpg

heart.gif

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Hi all, this is a question for everyone that had thier interview in London and paid for the visa that day

Did your charge take a long time to show up on you bank statement? I paid $400 on my visa card on May 28th (about £290) and it has still not shown up on my statement?!?! I don't really want to start my new life here in The US owing $400 - I had enough funds on my credit card (and still do) and I got the reciept at the time of payment so I am unsure why it has not shown up.

Does anyone else know if it takes a long time for the embassy to process credit card payments or any other reason for this?

Thanks

Stacey

Hi all, this is a question for everyone that had thier interview in London and paid for the visa that day

Did your charge take a long time to show up on you bank statement? I paid $400 on my visa card on May 28th (about £290) and it has still not shown up on my statement?!?! I don't really want to start my new life here in The US owing $400 - I had enough funds on my credit card (and still do) and I got the reciept at the time of payment so I am unsure why it has not shown up.

Does anyone else know if it takes a long time for the embassy to process credit card payments or any other reason for this?

Thanks

Stacey

Mine took a few days.

Timeline

I got a call at 4:22am (Central Daylight Time). My fiancee was APPROVED!!!!

She was at the embassy for less than an hour and a half. Now she's sitting at a Starbucks bored out of her mind in London waiting for her train back home.

RoC Timeline

08/20/2012: Sent I-751 to California Service Center

Our Immigration Checklist

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex, FrostyMist

viol8torUK, TeamMoran, D_G, Andrew + Bethany, RUSSandRACHEL, david'sgirl/Scotinmass, Nikki-UK

earlgreygirl, jonoger1984, jenanddan2010, amykathleen2005

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Hindocha, munkeynuts, yorkshirerose22, .Jay'n'Terri, ajbe1986, brit la, Think~Pink, h1a1, karenista

March 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

kjrrem, MattHeartCass, jkminney, pwac, Justine+David, moss, ruth_a, david b

April 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

ohlpomr, Rito, Hellojulie, musikgal06, Hokie97, Ricky+Vanessa, JMR

May 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Kristen & David, Gela, sveta & jeff, sara & Alex, ztaylor, Archeon, Amy and Michael, nickm, doghandler

Adrian+Mike, jennareid, staceyafreeman

June 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

May Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........ThomasBell............18 May 2010 (123 days)

CR-1........A Miller..............25 May 2010 (85 days)

June Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........Leenie.................1 June 2010 (50 days):star:

K-1.........Y&E....................2 June 2010 (70 days):star:

K-1.........SunDrop..............2 June 2010 (33 days) :star:

K-1.........Twowls................2 June 2010 (47 days) :star:

K-1.........W+R...................7 June 2010 (48 days):star:

K-1.........MJM....................8 June 2010 (82 days)

K-1.........Miss Jess.............10 June 2010 (80 days):star:

K-1.........DukeofYork...........11 June 2010 (62 days) :star:

CR-1........Christi and Ian.....15 June 2010 (75 days)

K-1.........F2C-MaDMaXX.......16 June 2010 (69 days)

K-1.........MrStrain14............17 June 2010 (56 days)

K-1.........Memmab..............17 June 2010 (58 days)

K-1.........arwilson................17 June 2010 (34 days)

K-1.........TransATL..............17 June 2010 (52 days)

July Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........A and J...............15 July 2010 (86 days) *extended at applicant's request. Was 51 days.

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

K-1..W + M P3 sent 20 April

Between NOA2 and P3

visacat - NOA2: 21 May

Dawn654

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Quick question for people who've received their visas. Did you remove the big white sticker from your passport before you entered the US? I'm pretty sure it was only applicable on the day of the interview but I don't want to take it off and then find they wanted it left on!

Quick question for people who've received their visas. Did you remove the big white sticker from your passport before you entered the US? I'm pretty sure it was only applicable on the day of the interview but I don't want to take it off and then find they wanted it left on!

You mean the 'I' number sticker? That is only applicable at the Embassy :)

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

I believe it's on North Audley Street as you walk towards Oxford Street. If you are walking away from the Embassy towards Oxford Street it would be on your left. There's a little row of shops there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.