SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Argh, just getting the stuff ready to take down for the interview (K1) and all of a sudden i'm drawing a blank.

I thought i needed all of the things sent in the I129f pack, now i don't think i need it at all?

I've just had a look in the guides section but i can't find anything related to what's required at the embassy.

So far i've got;

1 - birth certificate of UK citizen

2 - copy of the NOA2

3 - passport of UK citizen

4 - police certificate (needs to be copied???)

5 - two color photographs of UK citizen

6 - a credit card to pay for the courier fee

7 - Affidavit and tax transcripts

8 - Letter of employment

9 - Appointment letter

Has anyone been asked for, or knows anything else that is required?

Many thanks, getting pretty nervous now, not about the interview, just about not having the required paperwork.

USC birth certificate copy, renewed letters of intent, evolution letter?

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Timeline

Hi,

My fiance had his interview yesterday, June 2nd at the London embassy. They told him everything was in order except his Dutch police certificate, which was shocking to us cause we had called them four weeks ago asking if they had the Dutch Police Certificate and they said yes. They told him that they had confirmation of the certificate on their computers but that they needed a hard copy before they would issue the visa. They said even a fax would do. Which is incredibly frustrating since they told us they had it and if it's just a fax and the Dutch embassy already said that he's okay why can't they just fax the dang thing. What makes this whole experience especially heartbreaking is that my wedding is on June 12th. And from reading this forum, it looks like it is highly unlikely that he will make it.

I was wondering would the embassy be willing to give his passport back so he can come to America on a tourist visa. We have the celebration and NOT officially get married, and he scoots back to the UK after the honeymoon to wait patiently for the phantom certificate to show up and get his visa stamped. IS that possible?? I'm desperate here. The worst part is that no one at the embassy seems to empathize at all with our situation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Timeline

Cool thanks, adding those.

What's an evolution letter?

Anyone got anything else?

"Evolution of Relationship." Like, here's how we've carried on since we first filed. We chat everyday, I've visited him/her [this many times], I've developed a relationship with her mother, yadda yadda. This may well be ignored on interview day, but it's still a thing. Mine was about a page long and detailed the methods we use to keep in touch, how I've set up house for R's arrival, etc. I assume this would be more important at high fraud consulates where legitimacy of the relationship is scrutinized.

owl.jpg

Timeline

Hi,

My fiance had his interview yesterday, June 2nd at the London embassy. They told him everything was in order except his Dutch police certificate, which was shocking to us cause we had called them four weeks ago asking if they had the Dutch Police Certificate and they said yes. They told him that they had confirmation of the certificate on their computers but that they needed a hard copy before they would issue the visa. They said even a fax would do. Which is incredibly frustrating since they told us they had it and if it's just a fax and the Dutch embassy already said that he's okay why can't they just fax the dang thing. What makes this whole experience especially heartbreaking is that my wedding is on June 12th. And from reading this forum, it looks like it is highly unlikely that he will make it.

I was wondering would the embassy be willing to give his passport back so he can come to America on a tourist visa. We have the celebration and NOT officially get married, and he scoots back to the UK after the honeymoon to wait patiently for the phantom certificate to show up and get his visa stamped. IS that possible?? I'm desperate here. The worst part is that no one at the embassy seems to empathize at all with our situation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about that. Tourist visa will likely not happen overnight though, and grabbing your passport back might complicate things. Have you done everything in your power to contact the Dutch police to get them to fax it over? Did you not ever have a hard copy in your possession? If the Dutch police faxed it directly to the consulate (I'm just guessing based on your description), they can do it again. My first move would be to do everything I could to get the police certificate over to the consulate asap. When the consulate gets it, they'll likely issue the visa promptly and you might make the wedding. Also, you might split this into your own topic so you can get more, and more informed, responses than mine.

owl.jpg

Argh, just getting the stuff ready to take down for the interview (K1) and all of a sudden i'm drawing a blank.

I thought i needed all of the things sent in the I129f pack, now i don't think i need it at all?

I've just had a look in the guides section but i can't find anything related to what's required at the embassy.

So far i've got;

1 - birth certificate of UK citizen

2 - copy of the NOA2

4 - police certificate (needs to be copied???)

7 - Affidavit and tax transcripts

8 - Letter of employment

9 - Appointment letter

Has anyone been asked for, or knows anything else that is required?

Many thanks, getting pretty nervous now, not about the interview, just about not having the required paperwork.

Your list seems pretty exhaustive. You definitely need one photocopy of the police certificate to hand over, and the original on hand to show (same as with your birth certificate).

I had my fiance bring updated letters of intent from the both of us, three years of tax returns (they only took the most recent one), an employer letter, pay stubs, a copy of the I-129F packet, and recent pics of us - none of it was actually needed, but it's good to have on hand, I guess.

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

So far i've got;

1 - birth certificate of UK citizen (and photocopy)

2 - copy of the NOA2 (this should have remained in the US. Important for AOS)

4 - police certificate (and photocopy)

7 - Affidavit and tax transcripts (Photocopy. You'll need transcripts again so don't give up your only copy)

8 - Letter of employment (make photocopy and keep original for AOS)

9 - Appointment letter

Your list is complete assuming you have no military or arrest records, or divorce decree. You don't need all that relationship fluff. You don't need anything from the USC but the affidavit of support things.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Don't forget to take sufficient funds to cover your $350 visa fee, which at the rates on 2 June would be £240.45

Evolution of relationship is complete overkill for USEL and you don't need a single piece of evidence of ongoing relationship either. These are for "higher risk" countries, which the UK isn't considered as being.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Your list is complete assuming you have no military or arrest records, or divorce decree. You don't need all that relationship fluff. You don't need anything from the USC but the affidavit of support things.

I agree with Nich-Nick said. I took along all sorts of evidence supporting ongoing relationship, income etc and they didn't ask for it or seem to want it. With that in mind though, it's better to have too much evidence in case they ask for it than too little and delay your visa.

Emma :)

Timeline

After reading all that stuff i think i am [almost] ready... Just have to photocopy the tax stuff and NOA 2 (i have the original :blush:) and i'll be done. Yay! :)

1990(-ish): Family Holiday to FL. Met Nicole & family.

1990(-ish) - 1992(-ish): A few return visits

08-09/2007: Go back to FL. Meet with 'the folks' & Accept that we both 'like' each other & start dating.

02/2008 - Present: ...go back to FL again a few times.

09/2009: Propose and she says 'Yes'! :D

11/06/2009: I-129F posted to VSC

11/07/2009: I-129F received at VSC

11/09/2009: NOA1

11/13/2009: Touch

12/2009: ...back to FL once again

03/08/2010: Touch & NOA2 (119 Days)

03/11/2010: NVC have my case

03/12/2010: NVC incorrectly assigned & dispatched case to Dublin, not London!

03/18/2010: Package arrived in Dublin

03/19/2010: Ring Dublin and get case transferred to London

04/01/2010: London Sent 'P3'

04/03/2010: I Received 'P3'

04/14/2010: 'P3' sent back to embassy

04/16/2010: 'P3' recieved at embassy

04/29/2010: Medical - Passed

06/17/2010: Interview - In AP (220 Days)

08/17/2010: AP Finished - Approved

event.png

event.png

Sundrop - are you going to start a UK 2010 AOS thread? I can't find one. Although if someone knows where one is, please point it out to me... sometimes the search doesn't work very well and there are too many pages to trawl through!

Timeline

Sundrop - are you going to start a UK 2010 AOS thread? I can't find one. Although if someone knows where one is, please point it out to me... sometimes the search doesn't work very well and there are too many pages to trawl through!

Here is the most active UK AOS thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/242270-2010-united-kingdom-aos-thread/page__pid__3974017__st__90entry3974017

I simply cannot face even reading about the nuts and bolts of AOS at this stage! But for those of you with stronger constitutions than I, and eager to start on the AOS information gathering process, I found this extremely helpful step-by-step, mother of all AOS explanations by an Aussie VJ member, Vanessa.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/235331-aos-ead-ap-from-k1-the-aussie-way-doc-list-included/

Timeline

Oh, since we are on the subject of AOS, I have just come across the most relevant, all singing and dancing list of instructions from our very own Nick Nich in response to another post. Of which we are eternally grateful! Thank you NN!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/259328-sowhats-next/page__pid__3978388__st__0entry3978388

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.