SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Looks like we're a little late to the party over here, but add us in Sundrop! Approved, and R was probably sitting right next to you in the embassy today. Did you see a cute guy with a confusing homemade scarf wrapped around his neck? Oh well. Let us know how it went!

star_smile.gifstar_smile.gifstar_smile.gif

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Approved :D

It's hard to tell just from photos on VJ whether someone is somebody but I was wondering if Twowls' R was number I-917? And if Y&E was I-913?

I swear to God, that number system has to be part of the process. As though if you can stand to hear the 1000s of N- numbers for hours and hours, you've not defected to Russia and are actually not barking mad by the time your number rolls around, it must be bona fide! lol

Had a bit of a panic moment at the first window, when he asked for my French BC and translation. I don't have one and my folks don't think I ever did. I have a British BC that comes from the consular entry of a birth abroad, and haven't ever used any other BC in my life. Then he says, "Well, we don't usually accept consular entries.... so, guess you'll just have to wait and see." He also didn't ask for my ex's statement permitting me to immigrate with our daughter, so I asked him if he needed it. He asked if it was notarized, I said it was a sworn statement and signed in front of a solicitor. He kinda shrugged and said, "Oh go on then." I wouldn't go so far as to describe him as grumpy, but he wasn't very amiable.

20 minutes later, after being sworn in and stuff, the CO says, "So, your folks did it in France, huh?" lmao. Had a moment where I was unsure if he'd actually meant what he seemed to be saying, decided he was talking about my parents conceiving me in France (wth?!) and said, "Erm...yup. They tried for years and then decided Paris was the place to do it." Bizarre to say the least! Apart from that, he asked when and where we met, told us more than 50% of people they see met online in some way or another, he asked Ry what he does for a living and where we'll be staying when we get there. Told us he was approving us and to go pay the courier fee and expect delivery in 3 to 5 working days.

So relieved it's all over. We got there at 8.20am, left at 12.50pm and after stopping off in Selfridge's, Adidas and TGI's collapsed into bed for a couple hours nap, having only slept about 3 hours the night before.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex, FrostyMist

viol8torUK, TeamMoran, D_G, Andrew + Bethany, RUSSandRACHEL, david'sgirl/Scotinmass, Nikki-UK

earlgreygirl, jonoger1984, jenanddan2010, amykathleen2005

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Hindocha, munkeynuts, yorkshirerose22, .Jay'n'Terri, ajbe1986, brit la, Think~Pink, h1a1, karenista

March 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

kjrrem, MattHeartCass, jkminney, pwac, Justine+David, moss, ruth_a, david b

April 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

ohlpomr, Rito, Hellojulie, musikgal06, Hokie97, Ricky+Vanessa, JMR

May 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Kristen & David, Gela, sveta & jeff, sara & Alex, ztaylor, Archeon, Amy and Michael, nickm, doghandler

Adrian+Mike, jennareid, staceyafreeman

June 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

May Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........ThomasBell............18 May 2010 (123 days)

CR-1........A Miller..............25 May 2010 (85 days)

June Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........Leenie.................1 June 2010 (50 days):star:

K-1.........Y&E....................2 June 2010 (70 days)

K-1.........SunDrop..............2 June 2010 (33 days) :star:

K-1.........Twowls................2 June 2010 (47 days) :star:

K-1.........W+R...................7 June 2010 (48 days)

K-1.........MJM....................8 June 2010 (82 days)

K-1.........Miss Jess.............10 June 2010 (80 days)

K-1.........MrStrain14............11 June 2010 (50 days)

K-1.........DukeofYork...........11 June 2010 (62 days)

CR-1........Christi and Ian.....15 June 2010 (75 days)

K-1.........F2C-MaDMaXX.......16 June 2010 (69 days)

K-1.........Memmab..............17 June 2010 (58 days)

K-1.........arwilson................17 June 2010 (34 days)

K-1.........TransATL..............17 June 2010 (52 days)

July Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1.........A and J...............15 July 2010 (86 days) *extended at applicant's request. Was 51 days.

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

K-1..W + M P3 sent 20 April

Between NOA2 and P3

visacat - NOA2: 21 May

Dawn654

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

I'm starting to get nervously excited now, all these people getting it over with, just gotta hope i can get in and out quick enough for my train back north.

When does the pharmacy open to dump your stuff? When's best to get there for?

Timeline

Good luck for tomorrow let us know how you both get on

I feel lonely being the only one in between NOA2 and P3 feels like i have been there forever :P

You have been there forever. The whole thing must feel like Groundhog Day to you after they lost your first petition. Feeling for you x

SunDrop - Congratulations! Mission accomplished! x

I'm starting to get nervously excited now, all these people getting it over with, just gotta hope i can get in and out quick enough for my train back north.

When does the pharmacy open to dump your stuff? When's best to get there for?

The pharmacy opens at 7:30 AM weekdays. I'd say get there right at 7:30 if you have an early morning interview.

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline

It's hard to tell just from photos on VJ whether someone is somebody but I was wondering if Twowls' R was number I-917? And if Y&E was I-913?

I swear to God, that number system has to be part of the process. As though if you can stand to hear the 1000s of N- numbers for hours and hours, you've not defected to Russia and are actually not barking mad by the time your number rolls around, it must be bona fide! lol

Had a bit of a panic moment at the first window, when he asked for my French BC and translation. I don't have one and my folks don't think I ever did. I have a British BC that comes from the consular entry of a birth abroad, and haven't ever used any other BC in my life. Then he says, "Well, we don't usually accept consular entries.... so, guess you'll just have to wait and see." He also didn't ask for my ex's statement permitting me to immigrate with our daughter, so I asked him if he needed it. He asked if it was notarized, I said it was a sworn statement and signed in front of a solicitor. He kinda shrugged and said, "Oh go on then." I wouldn't go so far as to describe him as grumpy, but he wasn't very amiable.

20 minutes later, after being sworn in and stuff, the CO says, "So, your folks did it in France, huh?" lmao. Had a moment where I was unsure if he'd actually meant what he seemed to be saying, decided he was talking about my parents conceiving me in France (wth?!) and said, "Erm...yup. They tried for years and then decided Paris was the place to do it." Bizarre to say the least! Apart from that, he asked when and where we met, told us more than 50% of people they see met online in some way or another, he asked Ry what he does for a living and where we'll be staying when we get there. Told us he was approving us and to go pay the courier fee and expect delivery in 3 to 5 working days.

So relieved it's all over. We got there at 8.20am, left at 12.50pm and after stopping off in Selfridge's, Adidas and TGI's collapsed into bed for a couple hours nap, having only slept about 3 hours the night before.

Ha yes, you got it right! I'm almost certain Richard said he was 917, seventh I number. Awww!!

Your officer sounds like a bit of a weirdo. But as someone else said in Feb Filers, whatever! It's done now. Good luck to everybody.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

In case anyone is interested, I got my fiance to do an embassy review, which can be found at our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=60495

Apparently, it was pretty standard stuff for him. In his original review, he didn't even mention the actual bit where he talked to the CO officer about our relationship, so I had to add in a few details. I guess that just goes to show how difficult/memorable (not very) the actual "interview" portion is.

Also, my fiance said he was only at the embassy right about 2 hours or so, which I think is pretty fast based on past reviews. I don't know how he managed that :lol: But he had a 9 AM interview appointment, and I think he got in the queue right around or right before 8 AM (he stopped at Gould's to get his photos right when they opened at 7:30 AM).

All in all, a completely unharrowing experience. Yay!! :dance:

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

How rude of me not to give congratulations as due!!!

Looks like we're a little late to the party over here, but add us in Sundrop! Approved, and R was probably sitting right next to you in the embassy today. Did you see a cute guy with a confusing homemade scarf wrapped around his neck? Oh well. Let us know how it went!

star_smile.gifstar_smile.gifstar_smile.gif

Congratulations, twowls~ :star:

20 minutes later, after being sworn in and stuff, the CO says, "So, your folks did it in France, huh?" lmao. Had a moment where I was unsure if he'd actually meant what he seemed to be saying, decided he was talking about my parents conceiving me in France (wth?!) and said, "Erm...yup. They tried for years and then decided Paris was the place to do it." Bizarre to say the least!

Congratulations, SunDrop! Everyone fancies themselves a comedian, I guess :huh:

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

Approved! Yeah, more later... busy with work.

Sundrop, I was 911 :) I thought that you were 913... :rofl:

LMAO - nooooooo! I was 915. You had your hair in a pony tail? I thought 911 was you at first and you made me giggle coz you looked really pissed off when they sent you off to pay the fee.

We were sitting with our backs to the door, front row for the first 3.5 hours and then on the other side after that.

913 had the biggest grin on her face when she literally bounced to the courier's desk. Was rather sweet :)

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

LMAO - nooooooo! I was 915. You had your hair in a pony tail? I thought 911 was you at first and you made me giggle coz you looked really pissed off when they sent you off to pay the fee.

We were sitting with our backs to the door, front row for the first 3.5 hours and then on the other side after that.

913 had the biggest grin on her face when she literally bounced to the courier's desk. Was rather sweet :)

Sundrop, read my review of the embassy and you'll see why I was pissed off about the fee (not the fee in itself, just the girl at the counter): http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=77353

I had a great time in London, I always enjoy visiting. Kinda wish that I'd lived there for awhile now, but oh well. On Tuesday when i got down there I was going to a show, but by the time I'd checked the embassy out I was just going to walk down to Embankment - anyway, the heavens opened, I got soaked and ended up having to go and buy new trousers and a hoodie on Oxford street before the show! :rofl: that sort of thing always happens to me - that's what I get for coming from a country where carrying an umbrella is useless so I hardly ever do.

Looking forward to everyone's reviews!

Timeline

Argh, just getting the stuff ready to take down for the interview (K1) and all of a sudden i'm drawing a blank.

I thought i needed all of the things sent in the I129f pack, now i don't think i need it at all?

I've just had a look in the guides section but i can't find anything related to what's required at the embassy.

So far i've got;

1 - birth certificate of UK citizen

2 - copy of the NOA2

3 - passport of UK citizen

4 - police certificate (needs to be copied???)

5 - two color photographs of UK citizen

6 - a credit card to pay for the courier fee

7 - Affidavit and tax transcripts

8 - Letter of employment

9 - Appointment letter

Has anyone been asked for, or knows anything else that is required?

Many thanks, getting pretty nervous now, not about the interview, just about not having the required paperwork.

Edited by F2C-MaDMaXX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.