SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just resigned from work this morning. Scary!!

I know that feeling, it does feel like you've just jumped off a cliff. But there is a certain frisson of freedom about that moment and it is to be enjoyed! And am sure many people at your work were very envious!

I know that feeling, it does feel like you've just jumped off a cliff. But there is a certain frisson of freedom about that moment and it is to be enjoyed! And am sure many people at your work were very envious!

Ha, ironically, since many of them are looking for new jobs they are all very jealous! Interview in 5 days but distracting myself by going to Guernsey for the weekend.

Timeline

Hiya just rearrange ma interview instead of 8th of june now to 7th of june they told me that on 8th june is quite busy .....so good luck to all of us who will be interviewed next month hope everything goes well........yes.gif

Got my visa delivered today, huzzah! Now I get to play the Flight Booking Game with Halifax, whereby they decline my card every time I try to book flights online. Oh look! They won on the first go! AHAHAHAHAH isn't this fun! I can't wait to ring them tomorrow so they can tell me they cancelled my card, just for fun! (For the 3rd time in the space of a year)

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well, my fiance, like a lot of others withe a June 8th interview, got a call from the embassy about re-scheduling his interview ... and now it is on June 1st! Yay no increase :dance:

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline

Well, my fiance, like a lot of others withe a June 8th interview, got a call from the embassy about re-scheduling his interview ... and now it is on June 1st! Yay no increase :dance:

How lucky! Congrats!

Met in Oxford U.K. in October 2005, 11 visits back and forth over 4 years

September 22, 2009 - Engaged!

Legal Wedding - June, 29, 2010

Big Fun Wedding! - August 6, 2010

ROC

06-20-2012 - I-751 Mailed

06-25-2012 - NOA date

07-27-2012 - Biometrics

02-25-2013 - Approved

AOS

07-01-2010 - AOS, EAD, AP Sent

07-13-2010 - NOA1's received

07-26-2010 - Biometrics Walk-In (App.Letter for 8/16)

08-02-2010 - REF received (proof of joint sponsor's citizenship required)

08-03-2010 - Sent back REF requested information

08-09-2010 - Case Transferred to CSC

08-24-2010 - AP Approved (received 8/30/2010)

08-24-2010 - EAD Approved (received 9/3/2010)

09-21-2010 - AOS Approved/Card Production Ordered

09-27-2010 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Journey:

11-04-2009 - I-129F sent

11-05-2009 - I-129F received by VCS

11-05-2009 - NOA1 date

11-09-2009 - Check Cashed

11-12-2009 - NOA1 hardcopy received

02-19-2010 - NOA2 approved!!

02-26-2010 - NOA2 hardcopy received

02-23-2010 - NVC received

02-25-2010 - NVC sends to embassy

03-08-2010 - Packet 3 mailed from embassy

03-15-2010 - Packet 3 received

03-15-2010 - Packet 3 sent (without checklist)

03-24-2010 - Medical

04-06-2010 - Checklist sent

04-22-2010 - Packet 4 received

05-04-2010 - Interview - Approved!!

05-10-2010 - Visa delivered

06-23-2010 - POE: Dulles, VA

Fantastic! The embassy seem to be doing pretty well lately. Good luck - 1st June is just round the corner :)

Timeline

Well, this is the application fee for the visa. The fee you already paid was for processing the I-129, the payment for all the investigation they did.

When you get there, there will be a fee to adjust your status from the 3 month validity of the visa (K1) and another fee for all the other things you need to stay living there.

Well, this is the application fee for the visa. The fee you already paid was for processing the I-129, the payment for all the investigation they did.

When you get there, there will be a fee to adjust your status from the 3 month validity of the visa (K1) and another fee for all the other things you need to stay living there.

Shara, might I add the following details

Visa fee - you can use dollars or pounds equivalent, $350 from June 4th/previously $131 USD (cash or card OK)

Courier fee - to have your passport with visa sent back to you, 14.20 pounds payable with CARD ONLY (I think only Visa cards)

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline

Got my visa delivered today, huzzah! Now I get to play the Flight Booking Game with Halifax, whereby they decline my card every time I try to book flights online. Oh look! They won on the first go! AHAHAHAHAH isn't this fun! I can't wait to ring them tomorrow so they can tell me they cancelled my card, just for fun! (For the 3rd time in the space of a year)

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Shocking. And their current TV ad campaign makes me homicidal.

Turns out they weren't quite as over the top as last time, they at least didn't cancel my card - they just denied all knowledge of any transaction ever being attempted. So flights are booked for July the 8th :)

And I know what you mean about their adverts, I rush to mute the TV every time they come on, same for Go Compare and those godawful Vodafone adverts (Dad! He's left me! PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU'RE A WHINY COW)

Shara, might I add the following details

Visa fee - you can use dollars or pounds equivalent, $350 from June 4th/previously $131 USD (cash or card OK)

Courier fee - to have your passport with visa sent back to you, 14.20 pounds payable with CARD ONLY (I think only Visa cards)

Wow! That is quite an increase! But, something else to add on to the wedding budget lol. I'll make sure I tell him to bring his Visa credit card. That thing is gonna catch on fire after he is finished using it for all of this stuff. We are still waiting for an interview date, but calling the DOS every day to check. Sooo annoyed at this three day weekend. Wedding invitations are going out next week, eeeek! I pray there is an actual wedding for people to attend.

Congrats to everyoe on their June interview date. What I wouldn't give to get one of those. Is anyone selling their spot? I'll take it ha ha!

Timeline

Turns out they weren't quite as over the top as last time, they at least didn't cancel my card - they just denied all knowledge of any transaction ever being attempted. So flights are booked for July the 8th :)

And I know what you mean about their adverts, I rush to mute the TV every time they come on, same for Go Compare and those godawful Vodafone adverts (Dad! He's left me! PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU'RE A WHINY COW)

:rofl: and that Go Compare ad is probably the main reason why people in the UK are applying for K1 visas. I'd marry anyone, anywhere just to never hear it again.

:rofl: and that Go Compare ad is probably the main reason why people in the UK are applying for K1 visas. I'd marry anyone, anywhere just to never hear it again.

You've missed the most annoying advert EVER from this list.. That we buy any car advert... jeeze that annoys me beyond belief.. i would rather pop my ear drums than hear that again..

That advert alone is a good reason to relinquish British citizenship.. :D

I hope you all get along well with your visa's, i am setting off this morning to the airport and will be back with my finacee in a few hours :-) :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good luck everyone and i will see you in the AOS forum in a couple of months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.