SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Just as an interjection here, I hadn't heard about VJ wiki until about 6 months after I joined VJ and I feared that they would be out of date...I think this kind of thread is a great idea because it has the freshest (is that a word? :)) information, ideally, and people don't generally point to VJ wiki here, they either point to the guides or to the regional forums...

A group of us are getting together to rewrite the WIKI and keep it up todate. We will use a lot of information we glean from this and other threads

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

A group of us are getting together to rewrite the WIKI and keep it up todate. We will use a lot of information we glean from this and other threads

I've been working on a wiki map after it was suggested on the NOA2-interview thread. It would be helpful to know about the group, so that any/ everyone who wants to or is interested can participate. Lots of wasted effort otherwise! lol..

I believe you do need a copy of the i-129f, whichever way, i'm getting a copy sent over for me.

You don't. They've got it from the NVC, along with all the other bumpf you sent for your initial petition.

But if you want a copy for the sake of a lil' peace of mind, there's no harm in that. :)

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Just as an interjection here, I hadn't heard about VJ wiki until about 6 months after I joined VJ and I feared that they would be out of date...I think this kind of thread is a great idea because it has the freshest (is that a word? :)) information, ideally, and people don't generally point to VJ wiki here, they either point to the guides or to the regional forums...

I think part of the reason why the wiki isn't used is that it isn't very user-friendly. People don't point others there because of that and also no one is actively involved in ensuring that it's updated. Too many of the pages are either duplicated or still drafts. There's no consistency to the titling of pages, so you have to look through them all to find scattered information about your specific process or country.

That's why for the time being, I've continued updating the post in the NOA2-interview thread, so that at least it's an immediate and easily-accessible source of information, located where current members are used to looking.

well.....the thread for it is right below this one

Awesome, I'll go join in with it now. Some people read the forums by 'view new content' rather than honing in on specific sub-forum :)

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

I disagree completely about the wiki - it was created long after I went through the process but when it was I actually found it much more digestible than The Guides. And it's a lot easier to locate than a single thread. It just needs membership to keep it up to date.

90day.jpg

^^If they mentioned it, it might just be consulate specific. You do *not* need it for the UK consulate.

As per the wiki debate, well, it's not very accessible...nobody really talks about it, like I said, I only discovered it about 6 months ago and I gleaned a lot from VJ and reading the threads...I even didn't know about the consulate sections until I saw someone make an offhand comment on it. Perhaps if more people said, "check out wiki!" it would be more helpful...or have a thread that is pinned like the others that says, go to this link! and all your dreams will come true...for all the people that do need to be spoon fed, it's impossible to know how many people anonymously click on all the threads and do proper searches...we just don't see them, naturally :P

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

well, interest in it has been re-surfaced after being dormant for some time.

The problem with any thread about any particular subject is that however valuable the information in that thread might be, once the OP/posters in that thread move on in The Process one generally becomes less interested in the particulars of that particular phase and are less likely to maintain the information and it will often fall out of sight so future users must rely on their ability to search the precise terms (and may not know what they might be) in order to find them.

I don't know how many times the same information has been regurgitated in so many different threads over the years, some with info that is out of date now, some still relevant. The wiki has the ability to be a "living" document - easy to find, easy to update, easy to understand.

90day.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

By the way, for anyone doing the K1 visa to AOS near Northern California, I found (via seeing a recommendation in another forum) a great medical center that understands the i-693 and will gladly transcribe vaccinations rather than require a checkup - and all for $15.

Call the Meridian Medical Group in San Jose at 408-729-5800. Press 9 for English and 2 for visas, ask to speak to Tina. Tina knows how this all goes down. She says to fax her:

1. A cover sheet with the fiance's full name, address, phone, date of birth, social security number (if applicable), a number (if applicable), city of birth, country of birth

2. Records of all vaccinations

Then the medical group will do all the transcriptions. You just have to have the beneficiary come by to pick up the finished packet and sign for it. So, I'm getting everything done before my beneficiary even arrives in the US - he'll just need to sign, pay $15, and pick up the packed. Done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Can't wait to join this thread! I started posting at VJ last year, and was all set to file the I-129F (I even started the May 2009 filers thread, lol) when my fiance had some bad family news and we decided to postpone sending it off. It was supposed to be a month... then we ended up taking a relationship break. It was pretty hard for me, I was almost ready to send back the ring when Julian showed up at my door. :) He stayed with me for 88 days (he was able to telecommute from here in Pasadena!) and by the end of it we realized it was meant to be after all. He went back two weeks ago and I sent the I-129F for real (lol) today.

So...hi again! :)

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Can't wait to join this thread! I started posting at VJ last year, and was all set to file the I-129F (I even started the May 2009 filers thread, lol) when my fiance had some bad family news and we decided to postpone sending it off. It was supposed to be a month... then we ended up taking a relationship break. It was pretty hard for me, I was almost ready to send back the ring when Julian showed up at my door. :) He stayed with me for 88 days (he was able to telecommute from here in Pasadena!) and by the end of it we realized it was meant to be after all. He went back two weeks ago and I sent the I-129F for real (lol) today.

So...hi again! :)

Aw, I love cute stories with happy endings! Welcome back :)

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just received a letter from the embassy about not hearing from me re the P3. I sent it back last week, but i need a contact point there to tell them it's sent and to check they have it. Is there an email or number i can call that someone knows of?

Timeline

^^If they mentioned it, it might just be consulate specific. You do *not* need it for the UK consulate.

It is the other way around, the need is not consulate specific it is the Con Off manual for it to be produced. London at the current time do not ask for it. You cannot say it is not needed, rather that is not the practice to ask for it. Let people decide for themselves if they want to take it or not. Far better to understand the situation and to decide for themselves to take something not asked for than to be asked for something they don't have.

Use to read similar advice to people doing DCF in London that all that was required for domicile was to say you were moving back to the US. Of course the manual said otherwise and one day someone got asked for their proof of US domicile and denied their visa until they could prove it.

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

It is the other way around, the need is not consulate specific it is the Con Off manual for it to be produced. London at the current time do not ask for it. You cannot say it is not needed, rather that is not the practice to ask for it. Let people decide for themselves if they want to take it or not. Far better to understand the situation and to decide for themselves to take something not asked for than to be asked for something they don't have.

Use to read similar advice to people doing DCF in London that all that was required for domicile was to say you were moving back to the US. Of course the manual said otherwise and one day someone got asked for their proof of US domicile and denied their visa until they could prove it.

Well, the official Packet 3 instructions for the US Embassy in London do not ask for the I-129F, so I felt pretty safe telling the poster that it's not needed. When in doubt, OP, check the official Packet 3 Instructions for the US Embassy for London in the United Kingdom.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

Well, the official Packet 3 instructions for the US Embassy in London do not ask for the I-129F, so I felt pretty safe telling the poster that it's not needed. When in doubt, OP, check the official Packet 3 Instructions for the US Embassy for London in the United Kingdom.

I think you miss the point I was making which was in general terms rather that specifics as I've also seen people told that a letter of intent is not needed when the circumstances are the same. Practice and manual sometimes are out of sync and we are not the ones inconvenienced when they suddenly line up unexpectedly.

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.