SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Well the embassy recieved my papers on the 18th January and we've still not heard anything. So it seems to be taking them a while.

Looking at this graph based on VJ London member's timelines, you can see that it's currently averaging 101 days from receipt from NVC to interview. It's a K1 graph, but I would think it reflects the general backlog for immigrant visa interviews. It's twice as long as Jan/Feb a year ago.

london-k1doshistory.gif

Here's the page showing some of the more popular consulates. London is currently slowest.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...e-k1-historical

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We need one of those beautiful stars beside our name cause

We're APPROVED! :D

I'll get the details once he gets back to his place, but I did get a text this morning telling me to clean out the closet because he's coming home. So excited!!!!

Good luck to the others this month!

K-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-05

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-10-22

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-10-29

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-11-10

NVC Left : 2009-11-16

Consulate Logs Physical Package : 2010-01-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-14

Packet 3 Sent to Embassy : 2010-01-12

Packet 3 Logged at Embassy : 2010-01-28

Packet 4 Received : 2010-02-09

Medical : 2010-01-19

Interview Date : 2010-03-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!

Visa Received : 2010-03-13

US Entry : 2010-03-16

Marriage : 2010-04-24

Yikes. Thank you.

We are hoping to move may 25. Here's to hoping... :(

Hi Hellojulie,

Recent London DCF'ers have received the interview date around 4 weeks after sending the DS-2001, I think. Let me check over in the DCF UK thread.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you :) sorry, I tried paging back through that thread as well but I was having trouble connecting when people sent stuff in and when the interview was. I thought it was about 4 weeks as well, but it appeared to be taking longer...

I tried asking there too, but hadn't received a response yet. :)

I'll be patient... :)

Hi guys

Just got our NOA2 a couple days ago so thought I'd hop on over to this thread to see how things are going at the business end of the process ;)

Bit worried about that lovely backlog the embassy have got going on - but after 101 days of sleepless nights over USCIS it would have been too good to be true to have nothing to worry about!!

Best of luck to everyone going for interviews :)

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Does anyone have any experience calling the emb. number? Shouldn't I have gotten a reply after emailing with the extortion code? Or do they snail mail any changes?

Did you get an automated acknowledgement email right after sending? I got this:

"Your message has been received by the Consular Information Unit. We are currently averaging three to four days to answer routine email correspondence and seven to ten days for all other email correspondence.

There is no mechanism for "status checks" while a visa application is being processed. Inquiries concerning cases which require administrative processing or background checks, and which have been pending less than 90 days, will not be answered.

Please do not, under any circumstances, send a duplicate or follow-on e-mail. Repeat messages slow down our response time, and we reserve the right to permanently delete all e-mails from senders who transmit repeat messages or status checks.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit"

However, I did get a response from a person the next day, after sending my question.

Edited by jhphi

Did you get an automated acknowledgement email right after sending? I got this:

"Your message has been received by the Consular Information Unit. We are currently averaging three to four days to answer routine email correspondence and seven to ten days for all other email correspondence

There is no mechanism for "status checks" while a visa application is being processed. Inquiries concerning cases which require administrative processing or background checks, and which have been pending less than 90 days, will not be answered.

Please do not, under any circumstances, send a duplicate or follow-on e-mail. Repeat messages slow down our response time, and we reserve the right to permanently delete all e-mails from senders who transmit repeat messages or status checks.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit"

No I got absolutely no auto-response. I just checked my spam folder too and there is/was nothing in there.

No I got absolutely no auto-response. I just checked my spam folder too and there is/was nothing in there.

I would definitely send it again, then. What email address did they give you to use? LondonConsular@state.gov ??

Do you have another address (like work or gmail or yahoo) that you could try it from?

:( I really feel for you-- this must be very frustrating.

One of the members over in the UK DCF thread had success emailing them without the code by simply adding "URGENT" and I think the case number in the subject line. But I've never tried that. Good luck!

One of the members over in the UK DCF thread had success emailing them without the code by simply adding "URGENT" and I think the case number in the subject line. But I've never tried that. Good luck!

The email address the woman on the phone gave me was londoniv@state.gov

Its possible I got the reference code wrong because she was SOOO Irish I could hardly understand a word she was saying.

is londonIV and londonConsular the same office?

The email address the woman on the phone gave me was londoniv@state.gov

Its possible I got the reference code wrong because she was SOOO Irish I could hardly understand a word she was saying.

is londonIV and londonConsular the same office?

I've never read about a londoniv@state.gov email address, so I'm not sure. I forget-- how many days ago did you send the email? If I were you, I would send an email to the londonconsular@state.gov address, with the word URGENT and the code she gave you in the title, and explain yourself in the email. Something like:

"Good afternoon. I am writing in the hopes of reaching someone who can help me. I previously (give date) emailed londoniv@state.gov, upon direction of the phone representative at the London Embassy; however, I did not get an acknowledgement receipt for my email, so I am unsure if it was received. I am afraid that I misunderstood the address or code, and that my email has been lost. Can you please direct my query to the appropriate department?

We have been given an interview date of July 7th at the London Embassy, and I wish to change this to a date in March, as we wish to move to the USA as soon as possible. Can you please help me with this request?"

Alternately, you could call the extortion line again and explain the problem again, and get another email code and confirm the address (and ask if you should get an auto-acknowledgement). I know some people have difficulties "hearing" accents, so maybe just have them spell it out slowly "C as in Charlie, T as in tango, etc." so that you can confirm you have the right information. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.