SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hey, you should get a date soon hopefully, your p3 was logged on the same day as mine...

Oh wait, looking at the date you sent it... is that the date they received it at the embassy or the date they actually logged it? Took them nearly a month to log mine.

Ricky and Vanessa.. when i (Adrian) call dos.. they tell us that they received the packet on that day.. but that we are logged in the system.. but we are not eligible.. we seem to be having an issue getting a straight answer or any reliable info from anyone.. it makes it harder

08-15-09 -- I-129F Sent! Here we go!!

05-20-10 -- K1 Approved!!!!!

06-29-10 -- Mike flys into the USA

09-18-10 -- Wedding!!

10-16-10 -- EAD/AOS Mailed

10-23-10 -- Biometrics appt received, 17 Nov!

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Wow, my passport turned up today, with mysterious brown envelope! That was so quick, 6 days from when I was at the embassy. From reviews on here I was expecting it to be another week yet. Woohoo :dance: very excited. Now to get planning!

My interview is on March 4th for immigration to The States. (I can see that Cass Errol's already on the list - my Fiancee)

I was going half mad waiting for the letter, now it's here, I'm getting panicky. I'm so worried I'm going to stuff it up after waiting for so very long.

Those of you who have had your interviews, how was it?

Edited by MattHeartCass

My interview is on March 4th for immigration to The States. (I can see that Cass Errol's already on the list - my Fiancee)

I was going half mad waiting for the letter, now it's here, I'm getting panicky. I'm so worried I'm going to stuff it up after waiting for so very long.

Congrats! As long as you have all the required documentation you should be fine! My fiance was very nervous for his interview, but he had all the documents and he said it was very painless and easy. You can read our review of his interview if you click on our timeline link on our profile. Good luck!

Wow, my passport turned up today, with mysterious brown envelope! That was so quick, 6 days from when I was at the embassy. From reviews on here I was expecting it to be another week yet. Woohoo :dance: very excited. Now to get planning!

Congrats!!! :dance:

Thanks Beatles, I had a read and it was very informative. I also found one a few pages back which was useful too :) I wonder how they are going to take the news that we met online... I would guess that a few people meet that way.

I just want it all over and done with. I've got a lovely 8am interview slot, so I'll be getting there at around 7.15 by train. I love a good early trainride ;) I'll be nervous all the way there. But, it'll all be worth it to be able to be with Cass again.

Also (I couldn;t edit my post, so I'm posting again.) I saw that people with electrical items, their items went into a 'bin'. Was that so that they could go through the scanner, then you got them back? Or were they deposited and collected at the end? Orrr were they destroyed upon entry?

That's something else that's bothering me. I'm going to have my cellphone and iPod, and I don't want to have to try and find somewhere to put them while I'm interviewed.

Thanks Beatles, I had a read and it was very informative. I also found one a few pages back which was useful too :) I wonder how they are going to take the news that we met online... I would guess that a few people meet that way.

I just want it all over and done with. I've got a lovely 8am interview slot, so I'll be getting there at around 7.15 by train. I love a good early trainride ;) I'll be nervous all the way there. But, it'll all be worth it to be able to be with Cass again.

You're welcome! My fiance and I met online too. :) Known each other online for 7 years before we finally became a couple. Most people do meet online and the immigration officer didn't even bat an eye when he told her our story.

Also (I couldn;t edit my post, so I'm posting again.) I saw that people with electrical items, their items went into a 'bin'. Was that so that they could go through the scanner, then you got them back? Or were they deposited and collected at the end? Orrr were they destroyed upon entry?

That's something else that's bothering me. I'm going to have my cellphone and iPod, and I don't want to have to try and find somewhere to put them while I'm interviewed.

I'm not sure what they do with these items. Phill left his electronics at home so he wouldn't have to worry. There is a pharmacy nearby where you can pay to have them secure your items while you're in your interview. I honestly can't remember the info for the place, I'm sure someone will post it soon though.

You aren't able to bring electronics in the embassy. You need to either leave them at home or check them it at Goulds Pharmacy. They charge a fee and when you are finished at the Embassy you go pick them up. DO NOT take them with because they won't let you in with them.

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

I'm not sure what they do with these items. Phill left his electronics at home so he wouldn't have to worry. There is a pharmacy nearby where you can pay to have them secure your items while you're in your interview. I honestly can't remember the info for the place, I'm sure someone will post it soon though.

Ah, we met up a lot quicker than that :S I guess everyone has a different story. Congratulations to you both :)

Mm, I'd heard about that place. I'll have another look at the info for that. I'm just worried because I'm getting the train in and don't want to be going here there and everywhere while I could be getting to the Embassy. :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I second what Beatlesrebel said...my interviewing officer told me that he hears a lot of stories about people meeting online...mine included, so you won't have to worry about that :)

With regards to your electrical items...you will have to store them somewhere as they will not allow you to take them into the embassy.

There are a couple of storage points, the most common being Goulds Pharmacy, which is literally 2 minutes away...you will have to pay for each item you store, but there is no way around it.

Congrats and good luck with your interview :)

Edited by Think~Pink

Ah, we met up a lot quicker than that :S I guess everyone has a different story. Congratulations to you both :)

Mm, I'd heard about that place. I'll have another look at the info for that. I'm just worried because I'm getting the train in and don't want to be going here there and everywhere while I could be getting to the Embassy. :P

Thank you very much! :) The pharmacy is very, very close to the embassy. Here's the website with the address: http://www.gouldpharmacy.com/ContactUs.asp I've read it's only maybe a 2 minute walk from the embassy.

Alrighty...got my affidavit stuff done; have 2008 tax transcript, a few 2009 pay stubs and one of my 2010 pay stubs. I think I'm good!

Just need to get my letter of intent notarized since our petition expired a couple of weeks ago and I'll send off the paperwork to David, yay!

I misss him. I woke up today thinking he'd be right next to me like he was for 2 weeks, but alas, no. Ah, well. When my one sick baby (patient) wasn't acting up, I got to cuddle a super cute non-very-sick baby last night at work...and I thought out our future babies far in the future :) and getting maroon-colored passports for them. Haha!

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.