SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

January Interviews

K-1....Jewel-8.............................4th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1....Claire and Troy.................5th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1....lirwin2000.........................5th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1....laura00412.......................7th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1....beatlesrebel.....................7th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1...Kimmy and PJ.....................8th Jan 2010 :star:

CR-1...NotworkSte.....................8th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....xSweeTiex.......................8th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1...amykathleen2005............14th Jan 2010 :star: *pending medical

K-1....FrostyMist.......................15th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....jenanddan2010.............19th Jan 2010 :star: *pending medical

CR-1....viol8torUK.....................19th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1......TeamMoran...................20th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.......D_G..............................20th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....Andrew + Bethany.........25th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....RUSSandRACHEL............25th Jan 2010 :star:

CR-1..david'sgirl/Scotinmass.....25th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1..........Nikki-UK.....................29th Jan 2010

K-1.....earlgreygirl....................29th Jan 2010 :star:

February Interviews

CR-1.......Hindocha....................1st Feb 2010

K-1.........munkeynuts...............3rd Feb 2010 (postponed from 27 Jan :( )

K-1.........yorkshirerose22..........4th Feb 2010

K-1.........Jay'n'Terri...................4th Feb 2010

K-1.........ajbe1986....................5th Feb 2010

K-1.........brit la..........................9th Feb 2010

K-1.........Think~Pink................10th Feb 2010

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

Justine+David (K1)

ruth_a (CR1)

kjrrem (K1)

Ricky+Vanessa (K1)

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Good morning! Please add us to the list of approvals! We were approved for our visa this morning!!! :dance::dancing::yes:

YAY! Congrats! It gives me such a happy feeling seeing everyone being approved! :dance:

Must have been Greenwich? Was the Cutty Sark (being rebuilt) there?

It was Greenwich. The Cutty Sark is under repairs as it burned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I got approved today :D

Interview was fine. I was really tired and bored waiting but was out in about 2.5hrs and all went well. They asked about 7 questions and the one I was nervous about ('what does he do for a living?') was absolutely fine even though I had to say hes unemployed. She didnt bat an eyelid...just moved on...

Earl grey girl...were you the one in the blue scarf with dark hair?

Congrats!

Got approved today :)

Had the nicest lady for my interview, she approved me after a couple of mins and then we just had a chat for about 5 more minutes!

I felt the embassy was very quiet today, been there a few times for J1's and this was smallest crowd I've seen - nice smooth process!

Good luck to everybody else who has interviews coming up! My advice is to just keep calm and take your time :)

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THEIR SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEWS!!!!! :thumbs: Look forward to hearing more as the weeks go by.

In the meantime we have been fighting with realtors. Grrr. What is it with those people? :angry:

Anyway.... sighhh...

I wonder if someone can advise... My interview was Monday 25th and today I went on 'The DX' website to try and track my passport. It just says this message - 'Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records. Please check and try again.' Did anyone else experience this? Is there a problem or will it just get assigned when they have my package? I'm a little bit worried. I've emailed them to enquire but no response yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wonder if someone can advise... My interview was Monday 25th and today I went on 'The DX' website to try and track my passport. It just says this message - 'Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records. Please check and try again.' Did anyone else experience this? Is there a problem or will it just get assigned when they have my package? I'm a little bit worried. I've emailed them to enquire but no response yet.

Don't worry. I got exactly the same thing when I tried to track my visa after the interview. The visa only shows up in their system once it has been issued by the embassy - when it is on its way for delivery. My interview was 15th, and my visa was delivered on the 25th. My tracking information showed up about 2 days before the visa arrived (so that means it was listed online sometime around the 23rd).

Edited by FrostyMist

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

January Interviews

K-1...amykathleen2005............14th Jan 2010 :star: *pending medical

K-1....FrostyMist.......................15th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....jenanddan2010.............19th Jan 2010 :star: *pending medical

CR-1....viol8torUK.....................19th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1......TeamMoran...................20th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.......D_G..............................20th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....Andrew + Bethany.........25th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....RUSSandRACHEL............25th Jan 2010 :star:

CR-1..david'sgirl/Scotinmass.....25th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1..........Nikki-UK.....................29th Jan 2010 :star:

K-1.....earlgreygirl....................29th Jan 2010 :star:

CR-1 ...jonoger1984.................29th Jan 2010 :star:

February Interviews

CR-1.......Hindocha....................1st Feb 2010

K-1.........munkeynuts...............3rd Feb 2010 (postponed from 27 Jan :( )

K-1.........yorkshirerose22..........4th Feb 2010

K-1.........Jay'n'Terri...................4th Feb 2010

K-1.........ajbe1986....................5th Feb 2010

K-1.........brit la..........................9th Feb 2010

K-1.........Think~Pink................10th Feb 2010

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

Justine+David (K1)

ruth_a (CR1)

kjrrem (K1)

Ricky+Vanessa (K1)

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Had to remove the ones already listed under January graduates because the last 2 approvals pushed us over the emoticon limit! lol

Looks like they cleared a backlog in January, that's about as many interviews in one month as I've ever seen.

Any news from amykathleen and jenanddan about their approvals?

I'll move all the January interviews up to graduates tomorrow evening (GMT) so the end of the monthers get a little while with stars at least. :)I

Were there any interview dates given out in the middle of January? I was out of the country until the 13th, so may have missed them but seems like Justine+David have been waiting a very long time :(

I'm frustrated with the USPS since I know that my evidence and G-325A form was handed over to them on Tuesday and it's STILL not been delivered to the fella. I'm really hoping it gets there today because the I-129F (I think it was!) expires 31 January and so we'd have to fill in another one. Not a problem, just a pain in the proverbial...

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Hi everyone.

I got approved today :D

Interview was fine. I was really tired and bored waiting but was out in about 2.5hrs and all went well. They asked about 7 questions and the one I was nervous about ('what does he do for a living?') was absolutely fine even though I had to say hes unemployed. She didnt bat an eyelid...just moved on...

Earl grey girl...were you the one in the blue scarf with dark hair?

Congrats!

congratulations! :thumbs:

Got approved today :)

Had the nicest lady for my interview, she approved me after a couple of mins and then we just had a chat for about 5 more minutes!

I felt the embassy was very quiet today, been there a few times for J1's and this was smallest crowd I've seen - nice smooth process!

Good luck to everybody else who has interviews coming up! My advice is to just keep calm and take your time :)

We had a very nice chatty one too. She was blond and in # 14 I think. Congrats!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THEIR SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEWS!!!!! :thumbs: Look forward to hearing more as the weeks go by.

In the meantime we have been fighting with realtors. Grrr. What is it with those people? :angry:

Anyway.... sighhh...

We were there the 25th as well. We got same message until a couple days ago. The courier delivered it yesterday. :thumbs:

Congrats to everyone who has been approved :) I'm patiently waiting the arrival of my visa - since I'm not leaving until May I'm actually in no rush. It's quite a nice feeling.

ROC Journey
2012-10-01: Paperwork Received
2012-12-03: Biometrics Appointment (Delayed twice)

2012-04-24: Approved

I'm frustrated with the USPS since I know that my evidence and G-325A form was handed over to them on Tuesday and it's STILL not been delivered to the fella. I'm really hoping it gets there today because the I-129F (I think it was!) expires 31 January and so we'd have to fill in another one. Not a problem, just a pain in the proverbial...

*kicks the USPS* Good news is the form expiration doesn't matter... C'mon postie!!! I wanna file! lol

Timeline Summary:

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.