SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

WE'RE APROOOOOOOVED!!! :D I cannot believe it! I'm so so happy and so emotional. I can't believe its finally come! Thank you to everyone for their lovely messages of support and for all the advice on VJ. I don't know how we could have done it without you all! Yaaaaaaaay!!!!! :thumbs:

What kinds of stuff is he successfully shifting on ebay? I've been trying to save all my CDs to my laptop (which died today, just as I was fixing to get an external HD as a backup. argh!) but was thinking of taking them as a job lot with DVDs to the exchange store, if only to get shot of them.

The fishtank will probably go on ebay in the next couple days. Apart from that, I was thinking carboot sales (like yard sales, just with a group of other people in one place) and then an 'open house' sale listed in the local paper for larger ticket items like furniture and domestic appliances when we're about a week from moving.

He listed 74 DVDs that he just doesn't want or that I have already (he has a portable region free external dvd player, so he's bringing some UK dvds). He listed the DVDs at 3.99 (pounds) and has had several hits on them. The boxsets he's selling for more. He sold a boxset for 30 something pound. He also listed his 2 guitar amps and an effects device for an amp. He has several watches on his items and is getting bids, so I know that makes him feel a LOT better. Bookcases and such he's just keeping at the house since his family lives there anyway. I know he plans on backing up everything from his desktop pc to an external before he leaves and he's going to start boxing up CDs and sending me those very soon. Sorry your laptop died, that's never good! :( Having your yard sales or open house sales might be easier than ebay, at least then you don't have to pay a listing fee. Although, Phill hasn't had to pay very much for his listing fees. Good luck and hope you can get rid of things easily!

WE'RE APROOOOOOOVED!!! :D I cannot believe it! I'm so so happy and so emotional. I can't believe its finally come! Thank you to everyone for their lovely messages of support and for all the advice on VJ. I don't know how we could have done it without you all! Yaaaaaaaay!!!!! :thumbs:

CONGRATS!!!! YAY! I'm so happy for you! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thats great guys well done me and terri are so happy for you :dance:

ukusflags2.gif

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent :2009-05-13

I-129F NOA1 2009-05-19

2009-08-02 my Terri baby arrived in the U.K. and i got to kiss her,i'm so happy i love you Terri Baby

TOUCHED 2009-09-02......YEY!!!!!!!! :-)

TOUCHED 2009-09-03...... AGAIN!!!!!! :-)

TOUCHED 2009-09-08...... YIPEE!!!!!!! :-)

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :2009-09-08.......i love you my baby!!!!!!!!

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :2009-09-26

Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-02

Medical Date :2009-10-21

Packet 4 Received :2010-01-05

Interview Date :2010-02-04

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between August 22, 2009 and September 4, 2009*.

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

picture111e.jpg

--------------------

That's great to hear, congrats! I'd wondered how you had got on!

ROC Journey
2012-10-01: Paperwork Received
2012-12-03: Biometrics Appointment (Delayed twice)

2012-04-24: Approved

I don't want to double post but I cant edit my last one. Anyway, I submitted my review of the day but thought I'd post it here too. It's painless guys!

My interview was for 08:30 so I had to start the day pretty early to get the train. I have to admit, my nerves were pretty frayed the whole journey there. If anyone is wondering which underground station is best to walk from, I got off at Marble Arch and it was a simple matter of exiting out of the Park Lane exit and turning left. Took maybe 7 or 8 minutes to walk to the embassy from there.

Upon arrival at the embassy I joined a queue of maybe 12-15 people who were waiting to go through security. A friendly woman outside checked my visa appointment letter. Then a second woman checked it, and then I was into the security building which is very simple - just like airport security. Then it's a simple matter of following the signs and entering the embassy. At the front desk, another guy checked my visa appointment letter (make sure you have it handy!) and then gave me a number in 4 printed out sticky labels. He stuck them onto a plastic folder, make sure that you actually take out your letter and give it to him so he sticks it on the letter. When checking my documents later on, the embassy worker whinged at me about it :wacko:

Anyway, it was a simple process of sitting down waiting for my number to be called for about an hour and a half. Once it was called I went up to window 1 where a kind of friendly asian woman checked over my documents in this order: passport and interview letter with labels on the letter, 2 passport photos, birth certificate and copy, police certificate and copy, affidavit of support with tax return, and finally co-sponsor affidavit of support with tax return and wage slip. She then took my fingerprints, gave me my x-ray and sent me off to pay for the visa. When I got back there were people at the window but thankfully she waved me forward and took the slip that the cashier told me to give to her. It took overall maybe 10-15 minutes.

After that I sat back down to await my interview. It was a much shorter wait - about 20 minutes this time before I was called to window 15 which is down a very short corridor. I had a very friendly american woman serve me there. It was a simple process again. Took the oath, then took my fingerprints again, and then spent 10 minutes typing whilst asking me questions. These were what I got asked:

When did you meet?

How did you meet?

What happened next?

What were you doing visiting New Hampshire? (where I met Bethany)

How did you know your friend in New Hampshire? (I was visiting him when I met Bethany)

When did you get engaged?

How did you get engaged?

How often do you see each other?

After that she smiled and told me that my visa was approved and went through the whole thing about "don't open the brown envelope!" and we had a chit chat about Joplin Missouri and a few other things. It was totally painless. Even fun.

Then it was a simple matter of paying for the courier, again I had very friendly service and chatted about Missouri again. Then, I was on my way out the embassy and that was that. The only part I didn't enjoy was the first long wait, but that wasn't too bad. My own fault for not taking a book! It was very painless, it really isn't a difficult procedure. Overall it took about 2 hours and 45 minutes from when I joined the queue outside to when I exited the building.

ROC Journey
2012-10-01: Paperwork Received
2012-12-03: Biometrics Appointment (Delayed twice)

2012-04-24: Approved

Timeline

How did you know your friend in New Hampshire? (I was visiting him when I met Bethany)

do you mind me asking whereabouts in NH? i live on the NH seacoast (north hampton) and my british fiancé will be here next month. i also have a friend who just married her englishman last year and they also live in the seacoast area. :)

k-1 visa timeline:

march 1998: meet danny in a british exchange program in high school

1998-2008: stay in touch via email, IM, phone, become best friends, fall in love

02/11/2009: danny proposes!

05/13/2009: mail I-129F to vermont visa center

05/18/2009: receive NOA1

09/11/2009: receive NOA2

09/18/2009: visa packet leaves NVC and is headed to the UK

11/25/09: danny mails packet 3 paperwork to london embassy

12/10/09: london embassy receives paperwork

01/15/10: danny's medical exam

01/19/10: visa interview date

??/??/10: POE (boston-logan int'l airport)

03/12/10: wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I don't want to double post but I cant edit my last one. Anyway, I submitted my review of the day but thought I'd post it here too. It's painless guys!

My interview was for 08:30 so I had to start the day pretty early to get the train. I have to admit, my nerves were pretty frayed the whole journey there. If anyone is wondering which underground station is best to walk from, I got off at Marble Arch and it was a simple matter of exiting out of the Park Lane exit and turning left. Took maybe 7 or 8 minutes to walk to the embassy from there.

Upon arrival at the embassy I joined a queue of maybe 12-15 people who were waiting to go through security. A friendly woman outside checked my visa appointment letter. Then a second woman checked it, and then I was into the security building which is very simple - just like airport security. Then it's a simple matter of following the signs and entering the embassy. At the front desk, another guy checked my visa appointment letter (make sure you have it handy!) and then gave me a number in 4 printed out sticky labels. He stuck them onto a plastic folder, make sure that you actually take out your letter and give it to him so he sticks it on the letter. When checking my documents later on, the embassy worker whinged at me about it :wacko:

Anyway, it was a simple process of sitting down waiting for my number to be called for about an hour and a half. Once it was called I went up to window 1 where a kind of friendly asian woman checked over my documents in this order: passport and interview letter with labels on the letter, 2 passport photos, birth certificate and copy, police certificate and copy, affidavit of support with tax return, and finally co-sponsor affidavit of support with tax return and wage slip. She then took my fingerprints, gave me my x-ray and sent me off to pay for the visa. When I got back there were people at the window but thankfully she waved me forward and took the slip that the cashier told me to give to her. It took overall maybe 10-15 minutes.

After that I sat back down to await my interview. It was a much shorter wait - about 20 minutes this time before I was called to window 15 which is down a very short corridor. I had a very friendly american woman serve me there. It was a simple process again. Took the oath, then took my fingerprints again, and then spent 10 minutes typing whilst asking me questions. These were what I got asked:

When did you meet?

How did you meet?

What happened next?

When did you get engaged?

How did you get engaged?

How often do you see each other?

After that she smiled and told me that my visa was approved and went through the whole thing about "don't open the brown envelope!" and we had a chit chat about Joplin Missouri and a few other things. It was totally painless. Even fun.

Then it was a simple matter of paying for the courier, again I had very friendly service and chatted about Missouri again. Then, I was on my way out the embassy and that was that. The only part I didn't enjoy was the first long wait, but that wasn't too bad. My own fault for not taking a book! It was very painless, it really isn't a difficult procedure. Overall it took about 2 hours and 45 minutes from when I joined the queue outside to when I exited the building.

Congratulations!! Im very happy for you! :dance:

Thanks for this review, its really very helpful. I have my interview in 2 weeks and now starting to panic about getting everything together and what to take and how to get there. Eeek! Im excited though, be glad to get this part over and done with. Your review has put my mind at ease though, sounded like it was fairly straight forward and painless. What time did you arrive for your interview out of interest?

My fiance has been pretty overwhelmed with stuff he needs to do. He's listed a bunch of stuff on ebay and getting bidders, so at least he's getting rid of things he doesn't want/need before he comes. He's still researching tickets, but wants to get here the end of March. I wanted so badly to fly out there for a week to help him pack everything up, but I just can't afford it. :( It'll all work out though. We're just happy we're finally at this point.

I started doing this, a little too late though. I shifted a few thnigs, but fell victim to some scam merchants wanting me to ship to Nigeria, and ran out of time. Ended up taking some stuff to CeX (psp, mobile phone etc). As for my CD's, books and DVD's, I still need to go back sort them out later this year. A faff to be sure, will teach me to procrastinate since I knew for months this was coming! When I was at CeX, they have a sign up saying they now take CD's, so I might try that when I get back. Although I could get a price maybe on ebay, I'm way too lazy to ship everyone at the post office.

USCIS & NVC

05-04-09 - Married

09-05-09 - I130 Approved (CSC)

12-09-09 - Case Completed (NVC)

01-08-10 - Approved (LND)

01-20-10 - PoE PHL

I-751

01-10-12 - Filed I-751, VT Service Center

01-17-12 - NOA1

02-08-12 - Biometrics at Alexandria, Va

10-04-12 - RFE

11-16-12 - Sent additional evidence (5.5lbs of evidence!)

12-04-12 - Approved

12-10-12 - Card arrived

Timeline

That is wonderful news! I musta missed your post earlier, because I was just beginning to think I hadn't heard anything from you and was getting concerned. I'm glad everything went well!

He listed 74 DVDs that he just doesn't want or that I have already (he has a portable region free external dvd player, so he's bringing some UK dvds). He listed the DVDs at 3.99 (pounds) and has had several hits on them. The boxsets he's selling for more. He sold a boxset for 30 something pound.

I started doing a similar thing once my visa was approved. Anything my fiance has, I am selling. Also, my videogames won't play in the US, so I'm having to get rid of those also.

So far, I've actually made a whopping £150 selling my stuff in the past week alone. But having to package it all up and post it off is a bit time consuming. The money is going to go towards paying to move over the rest of my stuff, and replacing anything that I will want when I am over there.

My fiance brought his ticket today! He is coming on the 15th Feb!!! And we're planning on heading to the U.S. on the 13th April. Right now, I think I'm utterly daunted by the idea that soon I'll be moving, and am busy enjoying the excitement of looking forwards to seeing him again. He went home at the end of September, so I know we haven't been apart for as long as some here, but it feels like forever!

Edited by FrostyMist

I started doing this, a little too late though. I shifted a few thnigs, but fell victim to some scam merchants wanting me to ship to Nigeria, and ran out of time. Ended up taking some stuff to CeX (psp, mobile phone etc). As for my CD's, books and DVD's, I still need to go back sort them out later this year. A faff to be sure, will teach me to procrastinate since I knew for months this was coming! When I was at CeX, they have a sign up saying they now take CD's, so I might try that when I get back. Although I could get a price maybe on ebay, I'm way too lazy to ship everyone at the post office.

Yeah I understand. Phill is trying to get around having to ship stuff because it's so expensive. He is going to start sending some CDs out to me, which really won't cost too much to do. He has the problem of getting his guitars here though. If anything, he'll just leave stuff behind and when we're able to get back "home" we'll go through more things then and figure out what we want to do!

So far, I've actually made a whopping £150 selling my stuff in the past week alone. But having to package it all up and post it off is a bit time consuming. The money is going to go towards paying to move over the rest of my stuff, and replacing anything that I will want when I am over there.

My fiance brought his ticket today! He is coming on the 15th Feb!!! And we're planning on heading to the U.S. on the 13th April. Right now, I think I'm utterly daunted by the idea that soon I'll be moving, and am busy enjoying the excitement of looking forwards to seeing him again. He went home at the end of September, so I know we haven't been apart for as long as some here, but it feels like forever!

Nice selling! It's nice having that extra money for traveling expenses! So cool your fiance will be able to travel there for so long. I left England mid-September so I understand...it does feel like forever! Very much looking forward to March! :yes:

Cogratulations all of you! We've only just submitted packet 3 yesterday but I love reading about the success stories! It makes me a feel a bit more at ease. I know I still have a couple months to go and I'm already nervous so knowing what actually happens is a relief!

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

Congratulations to all the new approvals!!

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline

I have started to feel sick with nerves about friday every time I check this thread now...

Congrats to everyone who has been approved recently! Im so happy for you. What an amazing feeling that must be. I hope to be joining you with that feeling on friday. My fiance is travelling over tomorrow for a month which we only decided last week so I wont be on my own for the interview now which helps. Ooooh my stomach, just talking about it. NERVES!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.