SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Sorry, I should have reread there. Lots of things on my mind at the minute. wacko.gif Now you have an extra tidbit of info for when you file for AOS......good.gif

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

Can anyone answer a couple of UK questions.

My Husband did an AOS in the USA and has his Green Card but there is nothing in his passport? They took out the I-94 at the interview but did not stamp his passport at the time in anyway as we had to produce some extra docs.

He eventually got his Green Card and LPR.

He may now have to return to the UK for a short stay as his 81 year old GF is ill. Does he need something stamped in his passport before he leaves the USA?

If not how does he re-enter through the USA line or UK line and as a LPR does he need to do the I-94 again?

Should he have something in his UK passport from the USA embassy to show he is a LPR?

Also we married in 2009 when he can he apply to remove the conditional status?

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone answer a couple of UK questions.

My Husband did an AOS in the USA and has his Green Card but there is nothing in his passport? They took out the I-94 at the interview but did not stamp his passport at the time in anyway as we had to produce some extra docs.

He eventually got his Green Card and LPR.

He may now have to return to the UK for a short stay as his 81 year old GF is ill. Does he need something stamped in his passport before he leaves the USA?

If not how does he re-enter through the USA line or UK line and as a LPR does he need to do the I-94 again?

Should he have something in his UK passport from the USA embassy to show he is a LPR?

Also we married in 2009 when he can he apply to remove the conditional status?

Thanks

He travels with his passport and green card. Nothing has to be in the passport.

He goes through the UK line arriving in UK. He returns through US citizen/resident line coming back into US. No I-94, ESTA, visa waiver, etc as he is a resident of the US now.

Removing conditions is based on the date on his green card. Look at the expiration (two years from when he got it.) He applies before the expiration, but they won't accept it more than 90 days before the expiry date.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

My intention was not to fill you with dread, more of 'expect the worst, hope for the best' just in case...The co-sponsor forms, if they're needed, will be asked for and all that happens is a short delay - it's more the arrest and visiting on the VWP that's the issue. There's a whole, rather long, thread on Brits who've have a really hard time for just the same sort of thing, and based on their experiences it's unlikely that a visa will be issued so quickly.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/232495-the-2010-london-waiver-list/

Please don't think I'm trying to bring you down - I'm just trying to say don't get too excited until you actually have that passport back WITH a visa inside. I was so excited when I was approved - tied up all the loose ends, said my goodbyes, booked a flight for six weeks later...it was only after two weeks had gone by when I still hadn't got my passport back and called the embassy to see if it had been lost that I found out I was in AP. It'd have been much easier to cope with if I'd known earlier, let alone if I'd expected it.

I am curious, what are they actually checking on in the time after they approve you & issue the visa? What sort of information would they look for that they already don't have and/or already reviewed before/during the interview?

K1 Timeline:

9.10.10 - Mailed I-129F

9.14.10 - Received in Dallas, signed for by L. Walker.

9.20.10 - Check cashed

2.7.11 - NOA2 via email

3.31.11 - Medical interview

4.4.11 - Mailed packet 3 and paid visa fee

4.26.11 - Visa interview appointment, 9am

4.26.11 - Visa APPROVED!!!

5.4.11 - Visa delivered

5.25.11 - POE: Chicago

6.5.11 - Wedding in Omaha

AOS:

6.18.11 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

6.20.11 - Received in Chicago/check cashed

6.27.11 - NOA1 recieved for all three (AOS/EAD/AP)

7.26.11 - Biometrics appointment, 2pm

8.4.11 - Transfered to CSC

8.11.11 - EAD approved!!! (checked website)

9.14.11 - Green card approved!! (checked website)

9.19.11 - Green card in hand. Nothing further until 9/1/13!

"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great."

I am curious, what are they actually checking on in the time after they approve you & issue the visa? What sort of information would they look for that they already don't have and/or already reviewed before/during the interview?

Remember, the applicant brings a lot of paperwork with them to the interview, such as I-134, birth certificate, police certificate, divorce certificate. The consular officer only has a little bit of time to look over these things as they weren't provided before the interview. And all visa applications have to be checked over by someone else as well after the approval. Sometimes things come up and the embassy needs more time to check into things before they can send out the visa. And, sometimes they make mistakes and need time to rectify things.

Edited by marlea

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone! It's been a REALLY long time since I posted, life has been kind of crazy with moving and planning a wedding (next week! Eeeeek!). I just wanted to let everyone know that Julian is almost here -- his flight gets in on Friday night. I'm running around fixing up the house, dealing with last minute wedding preparation (one of my bridesmaids dropped out, so I had to ask my sister at the last moment), and generally freaking out but in a crazy-happy way! :D I can't believe that after all this time it's really going to happen and we're really going to get married. :) Julian is of course grumbling about EVERYTHING but since the interview life and time has just sped along. Can't wait to have him in my arms and know he's with me for good. :luv:

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Because their computers were down the day of our K1 interview, the guy said he could only say tentatively approved because they have to run one more security check which required the computers. That's a clue as to what happens after they check all the visa documents. I have read on a website discussing all the security checks one can go through in the whole process from start to finish that at the consular stage, there is one security check via database and other optional ones. I think London probably chooses to do the additional optional ones on those not native to the UK, which could explain the dreaded AP the Indian students get. That's only my guess. And the website explained any check that comes up with a "bad person" that has a similar name to the applicant will require determining the applicant is not the similarly named "baddie." It can even go so far as having to order a paper file and go through it to clear the same name problem. While that doesn't explain all delays, it may give a little insight to some of them.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hi everyone! It's been a REALLY long time since I posted, life has been kind of crazy with moving and planning a wedding (next week! Eeeeek!). I just wanted to let everyone know that Julian is almost here -- his flight gets in on Friday night. I'm running around fixing up the house, dealing with last minute wedding preparation (one of my bridesmaids dropped out, so I had to ask my sister at the last moment), and generally freaking out but in a crazy-happy way! :D I can't believe that after all this time it's really going to happen and we're really going to get married. :) Julian is of course grumbling about EVERYTHING but since the interview life and time has just sped along. Can't wait to have him in my arms and know he's with me for good. :luv:

Hi stranger lady. :) I was wondering how it was all going for you these days -- granted, I haven't been on much recently, but I never saw you post much after the interview. I took that as a good sign, and I guess it was. Too bad Julian is still being such a jerk about moving over here; it continues to be a source of confusion to me why he would ever agree to come here when he hates it so much! Oh well, most of the whingers end up rubbing along all right over here, and if not, guess you guys will need to find a third, neutral country to live in!laughing.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Hi stranger lady. :) I was wondering how it was all going for you these days -- granted, I haven't been on much recently, but I never saw you post much after the interview. I took that as a good sign, and I guess it was. Too bad Julian is still being such a jerk about moving over here; it continues to be a source of confusion to me why he would ever agree to come here when he hates it so much! Oh well, most of the whingers end up rubbing along all right over here, and if not, guess you guys will need to find a third, neutral country to live in!laughing.gif

He's not being a jerk, he just sometimes doesn't like how certain things are run over here, and thinks the whole political system is ridiculous. Last night he was telling me how this would be a better country if we had a parliamentary democracy like they have in Britain, and how it's ridiculous that he has to take a driving test again over here when he has had his DL for years (although he says he has a couple of points for speeding!), or that the immigration system was so difficult to navigate when in order for me to come over it would have taken only a fraction of the time.

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
He's not being a jerk, he just sometimes doesn't like how certain things are run over here, and thinks the whole political system is ridiculous. Last night he was telling me how this would be a better country if we had a parliamentary democracy like they have in Britain, and how it's ridiculous that he has to take a driving test again over here when he has had his DL for years (although he says he has a couple of points for speeding!), or that the immigration system was so difficult to navigate when in order for me to come over it would have taken only a fraction of the time.
Some people decide that they can't or won't adapt. Best wishes on his arrival and the running around beforehand.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Always with the witticisms elmcitymaven, it's nice to come back to such a warm welcome. :rofl: But I've never said I hated America or even didn't like it. Quite the contrary actually, the only problem I have with America is all the bloody Americans. :rofl:

Some people decide that they can't or won't adapt. Best wishes on his arrival and the running around beforehand.

Thanks TBoneTX, I'm sure I'll adapt swimmingly. My trip will start nicely enough at Heathrow which, say what you will, at least it doesn't have security workers whose only goal in life is to feel up my balls. Going back to dear old Blighty will, however, be problematic. I'll have to look into cruise ships I suppose. :rofl:

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Always with the witticisms elmcitymaven, it's nice to come back to such a warm welcome. :rofl: But I've never said I hated America or even didn't like it. Quite the contrary actually, the only problem I have with America is all the bloody Americans. :rofl:

Thanks TBoneTX, I'm sure I'll adapt swimmingly. My trip will start nicely enough at Heathrow which, say what you will, at least it doesn't have security workers whose only goal in life is to feel up my balls. Going back to dear old Blighty will, however, be problematic. I'll have to look into cruise ships I suppose. :rofl:

Still SO in love with you, Julian.heart.gif Happy to be a sister-wife to Melissa.smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

K1 visa interview Jan 10th 10am :)

If only i could find the 2011 thread to post in....must need more coffee!!!!

Edited by Douby

I just tried to post but it never appeared here, in shorter words, I had my interview this morning and was approved, despite forgetting our marriage certificate at home!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I just tried to post but it never appeared here, in shorter words, I had my interview this morning and was approved, despite forgetting our marriage certificate at home!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.