SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

It's now on the embassy website, wasn't there last week:

The fee for processing a fiancé(e) or K-3 visa is currently $131.00 per visa applicant. From June 4, the fee will be $350:00. The fee is paid on the day of the visa interview to the Embassy cashier. Fees may be paid in cash - sterling or dollar equivalent; by International Money Order or Bankers Draft; by Credit Card - Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover or American Express; or Debit Card with the Visa logo. The Embassy does not accept any other credit or debit cards, or personal checks.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/kinterview.html

It's a 167% increase. Bit irritating seeing as they'll be getting another $1010 off each of us for the AOS in a few months, not to mention renewal of EADs, Removal of conditions, etc. Oh well, we'll budget an extra £150 or so then!

Thanks for that. Sorry to hear that your interview got moved. Good luck with it and I hope that it's a positive outcome so that you can join your SO asap.

Holy #######! 167%!!!!!!

I hope the $1010 is for more than one person for adjusting the status? Our wedding is suddenly going to need to be cheaper :(

Nope, just one person I'm afraid. AOS, Work Permit and Advanced Parole all at the same time (or else just AOS = $1010),

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Advanced parole? What's that for?

I know if you apply for the work auth doc at the same time as the AOS, it's free. The current processing time is ~3 months for that, and if you're on the K1 visa (90 days) then it's only valid for those 90 days anyway.

Advanced parole? What's that for?

I know if you apply for the work auth doc at the same time as the AOS, it's free. The current processing time is ~3 months for that, and if you're on the K1 visa (90 days) then it's only valid for those 90 days anyway.

AP means that you can travel before you get a greencard. I have read that it usually takes 2 months to process AP - useful if you want to honeymoon away from the US or have to travel home / overseas for any reason.

Hmm, can you not leave the US until then? Which one gets you the green card? is that AOS?

No, you can't leave until you have either AP or a Greencard. The provisional GC is the final step for 18 months after you marry (essentailly). The AP and the work permit are given to you while the GC is being processed. I suggest you check out the K1 flowchart and read the links attached.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

There is also plenty of info on here under the AOS forum. It's quite important that you know this information before you leave, otherwise you might get caught out if you try to work / travel / apply for SSN.

Timeline

Thanks for that. Sorry to hear that your interview got moved. Good luck with it and I hope that it's a positive outcome so that you can join your SO asap.

Thanks, I appreciate that. In fact, after e-mailing the embassy on Friday asking for any cancellations, I got a reply this morning to say that they do in fact have a cancellation & my interview is now the 17th June! So much better. Fingers crossed for that positive outcome!

Good luck for your interview next week!

Edited by MrStrain14

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

Timeline

Thanks, I appreciate that. In fact, after e-mailing the embassy on Friday asking for any cancellations, I got a reply this morning to say that they do in fact have a cancellation & my interview is now the 17th June! So much better. Fingers crossed for that positive outcome!

I got an email from them today saying that they have re-scheduled me for the 17th also! SunDrop, could you update mine from the 14th to the 17th on your list please? :) MrStrain is yours at 8am?

Timeline

I got an email from them today saying that they have re-scheduled me for the 17th also! SunDrop, could you update mine from the 14th to the 17th on your list please? :) MrStrain is yours at 8am?

Sweet, nice one! Did they move it further back originally? I think mine says 8:30 but I plan to get there early as possible. Should both wear a red cap or carry a copy of The Times in our left hand to identify each other!!

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

Timeline

Sweet, nice one! Did they move it further back originally? I think mine says 8:30 but I plan to get there early as possible. Should both wear a red cap or carry a copy of The Times in our left hand to identify each other!!

Yeah they originally moved me to the 22nd but that didn't leave enough time for the visa to be delievered before my flight back so I got in contact with them and luckily they changed it. Ours is at 8am so we definitely should wear/carry something so that we can identify each other!

I was reading that you can select for a next day delivery of the visa once the embassy hands the passport over to the courrier. It didn't say a price though so does anyone know how much this costs?

There is no next-day delivery option available; premium pricing is available for delivery by a certain time during the day of delivery itself, but no specific date can be specified.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

There is no next-day delivery option available; premium pricing is available for delivery by a certain time during the day of delivery itself, but no specific date can be specified.

This is taken off the embassy website:

Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa applicants who attend the Embassy for an interview with a consular officer will have their passports returned to them by DX Secure. There no other method of delivery available. The service can be purchased from a DX Secure representative at the Embassy on the day of the interview. Fees for this service begin at £14:20 (the fee will rise to £14:50 on January 1, 2010), payable by debit or credit card only. Next workday delivery is available for most areas of the United Kingdom once the passport has been released to the courier company. Further information will be available from the DX Secure representative on the day of your interview.

I realise it's not going to be the day after our interview but the day after our visa is processed (which they say 5 working days for K-1).

This is taken off the embassy website:

Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa applicants who attend the Embassy for an interview with a consular officer will have their passports returned to them by DX Secure. There no other method of delivery available. The service can be purchased from a DX Secure representative at the Embassy on the day of the interview. Fees for this service begin at £14:20 (the fee will rise to £14:50 on January 1, 2010), payable by debit or credit card only. Next workday delivery is available for most areas of the United Kingdom once the passport has been released to the courier company. Further information will be available from the DX Secure representative on the day of your interview.

I realise it's not going to be the day after our interview but the day after our visa is processed (which they say 5 working days for K-1).

It is indeed (usually) the next day after it has been released to the courier, but premium processing does not ensure faster delivery, just delivery within a prescribed time range on the day of delivery itself. We chose the option for the earliest in the day since we both had to go to work. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.