SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

I've been looking to see where are good places to stay around the Embassy... Radisson Edwardian Sussex looks quite good, not too expensive and nicely placed between the embassy & the docs... Anyone stayed there?

We stayed at the Millenium Mayfair and it was VERY close and was a nice hotel as well. Not sure about the price as I used airline miles to pay for it....thank you Delta!

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh! Well thanks, I'm glad you approve :)

Any particular reason you like my name?

Obviously I don't know if it's your real name. If it is, it's just really cool and instantly memorable.

If it's not, it brilliantly sums up the immigration process (as do many other words, not all polite!).

I've been looking to see where are good places to stay around the Embassy... Radisson Edwardian Sussex looks quite good, not too expensive and nicely placed between the embassy & the docs... Anyone stayed there?

Here's a map I made that shows the Embassy, medical office, and a few cheap hotels where people have stayed. You can zoom or move the map around. Zoomed in you can see coach stops and more detail. In the upper right, you can change to hybrid or satellite on the map drop down. Going to the interview MAP

We stayed at the Lincoln House and found it cheap and close and clean. They had a computer for getting online free. They held our bags, phones, electronics while at the Embassy, even after we had checked out. The room was small, but adequate. We came on coach and many coaches stop or pick up on that street or the next one over Baker St. If you call the hotel you can negotiate a better rate than they publish.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Here's a map I made that shows the Embassy, medical office, and a few cheap hotels where people have stayed. You can zoom or move the map around. Zoomed in you can see coach stops and more detail. In the upper right, you can change to hybrid or satellite on the map drop down. Going to the interview MAP

We stayed at the Lincoln House and found it cheap and close and clean. They had a computer for getting online free. They held our bags, phones, electronics while at the Embassy, even after we had checked out. The room was small, but adequate. We came on coach and many coaches stop or pick up on that street or the next one over Baker St. If you call the hotel you can negotiate a better rate than they publish.

That's a great map, thanks for sharing it with us. The best I have found for a reasonable price (under £100) with two teenagers is the Travelodge near at St Pancras. They have family rooms, which even that will be small for us. I just don't want to spring for two rooms. I'll take a look at those places and see if they have rooms for four. Maybe I'll get lucky.

-Jenny

Our Timeline:

September 30, 2007 - I joined a country music website that he ran

March, 2008 - Started chatting online

October 15-27, 2008 - I came to the UK to visit, got engaged during surprise trip to Paris

February 14, 2009 - Married in Virginia

February 28, 2009 - Passport with new name arrived

March 3, 2009 - Biometrics appointment, Fed-Ex'd Spousal VISA package to courier

March 5, 2009 - Courier delivered to Embassy in LA

March 6, 2009 - VISA approved

March 7, 2009 - VISA in hand, bought airline ticket

March 8, 2009 - Arrived in U.K.

October 2009 - Decided to move family to the US

November 6, 2009 - Mailed I-130 to London

November 10, 2009 - NOA1

December 24, 2009 - NOA2

January 6, 2010 - Packet 3 received

January 13, 2010 - DS-2001 mailed

January 25, 2010 - Medicals completed

April 16, 2010 - Interview - It's a YES!

June 7, 2010 - Move to Virginia!

http://jennysadventuresinengland.blogspot.com

March 29, 2011 - Husband walked out on our marriage

April 29, 2011 - Husband moved himself and the children to Wyoming to be with the best woman from our wedding, who he'd only met the one time, at our wedding

December 14, 2011 - Divorce finalized

Timeline

Obviously I don't know if it's your real name. If it is, it's just really cool and instantly memorable.

If it's not, it brilliantly sums up the immigration process (as do many other words, not all polite!).

Haha, cool, well thanks again! It is in fact my real name... Mike Strain, pleased to make your acquaintance! It's Irish, and not all that common. 14 is my 'lucky' number, hence the username :)

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

COME ON YOU LONDON EMBASSY LOT!!!!! I MISS MY SWEETHEART.. thats all i have to say.. (insert smily banging head against the wall here)

Haha...um. I waited 3 months from sending my p3 to actually getting an interview...pipe down! :innocent:

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

Ugh. We go down to London tomorrow for my husbands appointment ties morning. Really getting nervous now. :( don't even know why! :/

I'm excited for Tuesday! But then, I'm not the one who has to interview.

::readies her pom poms::

Ugh. We go down to London tomorrow for my husbands appointment ties morning. Really getting nervous now. :( don't even know why! :/

Good luck for Tuesday Hellojulie.

And good luck to the others who are interviewing Tuesday and Wednesday. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Quick question - I've read in various places that they interview you in the order you arrive not interview time. However the link on the website says they will not let you in more than 30 min before your interview. Does anyone know which is correct? We planned to get there about 7:30 which is substantially earlier than our appointment time.

Quick question - I've read in various places that they interview you in the order you arrive not interview time. However the link on the website says they will not let you in more than 30 min before your interview. Does anyone know which is correct? We planned to get there about 7:30 which is substantially earlier than our appointment time.

They used to cue lines by appointment time and also check your electronics at the embassy. That's what I was expecting back when we prepared for the interview part. However sometime in the summer of 2008 they quit checking things for customers and quit managing the lines into cues, ie. 8:00 appt line, 8:30 line, 9:00 line, shoo anybody else off until closer to their appointment. I'm pretty sure now, they just start processing the line (check id and see if you have an appt) in the order it's in and don't look at times. Then you pass through the security scanner hut.

When you finally get inside, you get a number on stickers. They are consecutive and are called consecutively. So whomever gets in the door first, gets the first number. If people are strolling along the sidewalk around the building between security and the entrance, you could sprint ahead of them and get a number before them.

I believe they suggest coming about 30 min before your appointment just to manage the flow better. If everybody tries to cue at 7 am, it makes a big crowd by opening and takes longer to get to the front of the line and then through the security hut. So to the people who say they don't want to have such a long wait inside, I kinda think well you're waiting a long time outside and it could be hot, cold, or raining and you're standing. It's not like concert tickets or a special price at Walmart where people line up all night...they aren't going to sell out of visas. Take your choice of when you want to show up.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Our interview is coming up quickly, and I have a question... can you take food into the Embassy? It lists backpacks and electronics, but doesn't mention food. Our 12 and 14 year old are going with us, and if we're going to be there hours I'd like to be able to take sandwiches or chips in for them to snack on.

-Jenny

Our Timeline:

September 30, 2007 - I joined a country music website that he ran

March, 2008 - Started chatting online

October 15-27, 2008 - I came to the UK to visit, got engaged during surprise trip to Paris

February 14, 2009 - Married in Virginia

February 28, 2009 - Passport with new name arrived

March 3, 2009 - Biometrics appointment, Fed-Ex'd Spousal VISA package to courier

March 5, 2009 - Courier delivered to Embassy in LA

March 6, 2009 - VISA approved

March 7, 2009 - VISA in hand, bought airline ticket

March 8, 2009 - Arrived in U.K.

October 2009 - Decided to move family to the US

November 6, 2009 - Mailed I-130 to London

November 10, 2009 - NOA1

December 24, 2009 - NOA2

January 6, 2010 - Packet 3 received

January 13, 2010 - DS-2001 mailed

January 25, 2010 - Medicals completed

April 16, 2010 - Interview - It's a YES!

June 7, 2010 - Move to Virginia!

http://jennysadventuresinengland.blogspot.com

March 29, 2011 - Husband walked out on our marriage

April 29, 2011 - Husband moved himself and the children to Wyoming to be with the best woman from our wedding, who he'd only met the one time, at our wedding

December 14, 2011 - Divorce finalized

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.