SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

David mailed off the form for visa payment last week and it was signed for on March 25th. I think others have said takes 10-15 business days for them to take whatever you need to send in and then they send you the visa (we're on day 5-are Saturdays counted as business days?).

Remember that the UK basically shuts down Friday and Monday for Easter... if you're counting those as business days you may be disappointed. :-/

aww, man! Thanks for the reminder :)

I told David that they have it easy there--having all US and UK holidays off!

I'm hoping the AP thing is just blowing smoke as a say-all kind of a thing. Treehugger is in AP and is a British born citizen, but she's in AP she thinks because she went abroad to some second/third world countries with her parents. My David is born and bred in Britain, only went to Spain, France, and the U.S. The only thing I can think of if it's truly the dreaded AP is if it has something to do with name checks because he has a common last name and has no middle name.

GOOD GRIEF! I promise to give my children middle names...sorry, slight rant.

I guess the upside (??) is that our official wedding ceremony isn't until September and that can always be changed, I guess. We just wanted his green card by December so that he can apply as a permanent resident for grad school next year.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's great to see so many interviews and approvals on here. Just wanted to pass along the last bit of info from our K-1 experience. He received his visa on March 13 and flew over on March 16 to Raleigh/Durham, NC. He said POE was really easy. The first border officer checked his documents and took the envelope and told him to go around the corner for secondary processing. He missed the "around the corner" bit and ended up waiting longer than needed before the second officer found him and took his papers and sent him on his way to me.

It's great having him here and we're now in the process of getting everything together for our April 24 wedding. (So glad he made it here in plenty of time!). Got his driving license yesterday, marriage license on Monday, and are starting to get things together for applying for AOS and EAD. By the way, if you are going to be living in NC on a K-1 and decide to get a driving license before you adjust your status, they only issue a license for the length of your K-1 visa (in his case, until June 14). Then he'll have to go back in to get his license renewed once we show his legal residence documents. Not sure if other states are the same.

Best of luck to the upcoming interviews and to those still waiting for NOA2. All the stress, sleepless nights, and waiting is definitely worth it in the end!

K-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-05

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-10-22

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-10-29

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-11-10

NVC Left : 2009-11-16

Consulate Logs Physical Package : 2010-01-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-14

Packet 3 Sent to Embassy : 2010-01-12

Packet 3 Logged at Embassy : 2010-01-28

Packet 4 Received : 2010-02-09

Medical : 2010-01-19

Interview Date : 2010-03-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!

Visa Received : 2010-03-13

US Entry : 2010-03-16

Marriage : 2010-04-24

It's great to see so many interviews and approvals on here. Just wanted to pass along the last bit of info from our K-1 experience. He received his visa on March 13 and flew over on March 16 to Raleigh/Durham, NC. He said POE was really easy. The first border officer checked his documents and took the envelope and told him to go around the corner for secondary processing. He missed the "around the corner" bit and ended up waiting longer than needed before the second officer found him and took his papers and sent him on his way to me.

It's great having him here and we're now in the process of getting everything together for our April 24 wedding. (So glad he made it here in plenty of time!). Got his driving license yesterday, marriage license on Monday, and are starting to get things together for applying for AOS and EAD. By the way, if you are going to be living in NC on a K-1 and decide to get a driving license before you adjust your status, they only issue a license for the length of your K-1 visa (in his case, until June 14). Then he'll have to go back in to get his license renewed once we show his legal residence documents. Not sure if other states are the same.

Best of luck to the upcoming interviews and to those still waiting for NOA2. All the stress, sleepless nights, and waiting is definitely worth it in the end!

I am always happy to read some good news on here, there seems to be so many gloomy stories that a shining ray of light through the clouds is always nice.. Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your journey.. (AKA Life)

Timeline

Unfortunately, our visa is going to be delayed by the medical. Our medical was yesterday and our interview is a week from yesterday (April 6). The Knightsbridge doctors said they wanted verification that my fiance's bipolar means he won't harm himself/others. Because his bipolar is now so minor, he hasn't seen a doctor for it in years. So, when Knightsbridge asked his GP for sign-off, the GP applied to central services for his basic records. Those are going to take at least to arrive. Once they do, my fiance has to have a psychological evaluation that is "anything up to £50."

I guess we're no longer looking at an April POE.

:crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Unfortunately, our visa is going to be delayed by the medical. Our medical was yesterday and our interview is a week from yesterday (April 6). The Knightsbridge doctors said they wanted verification that my fiance's bipolar means he won't harm himself/others. Because his bipolar is now so minor, he hasn't seen a doctor for it in years. So, when Knightsbridge asked his GP for sign-off, the GP applied to central services for his basic records. Those are going to take at least to arrive. Once they do, my fiance has to have a psychological evaluation that is "anything up to £50."

I'm so sorry. Can you go ahead and book the psychological evaluation now? At least then if there is a wait to be seen you'll have already gotten through part of it by the time the records get in. Just a thought.

Edited by Hokie97

-Jenny

Our Timeline:

September 30, 2007 - I joined a country music website that he ran

March, 2008 - Started chatting online

October 15-27, 2008 - I came to the UK to visit, got engaged during surprise trip to Paris

February 14, 2009 - Married in Virginia

February 28, 2009 - Passport with new name arrived

March 3, 2009 - Biometrics appointment, Fed-Ex'd Spousal VISA package to courier

March 5, 2009 - Courier delivered to Embassy in LA

March 6, 2009 - VISA approved

March 7, 2009 - VISA in hand, bought airline ticket

March 8, 2009 - Arrived in U.K.

October 2009 - Decided to move family to the US

November 6, 2009 - Mailed I-130 to London

November 10, 2009 - NOA1

December 24, 2009 - NOA2

January 6, 2010 - Packet 3 received

January 13, 2010 - DS-2001 mailed

January 25, 2010 - Medicals completed

April 16, 2010 - Interview - It's a YES!

June 7, 2010 - Move to Virginia!

http://jennysadventuresinengland.blogspot.com

March 29, 2011 - Husband walked out on our marriage

April 29, 2011 - Husband moved himself and the children to Wyoming to be with the best woman from our wedding, who he'd only met the one time, at our wedding

December 14, 2011 - Divorce finalized

Timeline

We had a lot of delays around this stage of our visa process, all because of trying to deal with slow and awkward GP's. I have a medical condition, so I knew that Knightsbridge Doctors would want some sort of documentation about it when I went to the medical. Unfortunately, I'd just moved house a few months prior to attending the medical, and therefore my new GP were unable to write me a letter about my condition until they received my notes from my old doctors. Unfortunately, it took them a while to get to my new GP.

Gladly, things went much smoother once the GP received my notes and it was only a matter of days before I had my letter and could schedule the medical. It was definitely worth the trouble though, since the medical went very smoothly after all that waiting!

I'm very sorry to hear about your delays because of this though. I hope it doesn't add too much of an extra wait onto things.

Oh no, that is not the kind of thing you want to be hearing right now, especially when you are so close to being over and done with everything. I feel for you and your fiance so much. How long are his records going to take to arrive? I hope it all goes very, very quick for you!!

By the way, I accidentally gave you some reputation points by trying to quote! Enjoy!

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline

Oh no, that is not the kind of thing you want to be hearing right now, especially when you are so close to being over and done with everything. I feel for you and your fiance so much. How long are his records going to take to arrive? I hope it all goes very, very quick for you!!

By the way, I accidentally gave you some reputation points by trying to quote! Enjoy!

Hehe, thanks, I gave you a reputation too. :)

It is very aggravating, right near the end. I keep telling myself this is only a few more weeks out of what's been five years, but something makes the last stages seem all the harder and longer. Reading people's posts, I get the feeling we're not the only ones.

We were told that the GP will get the records next week. (1 week)

My fiance will be back in Northern Ireland and able to schedule an appointment the week after. (1 week)

After his appointment, his results need to be sent back to Knightsbridge. (1 day)

Then Knightsbridge will send them to the embassy (3-4 days?)

Then the embassy will send us a visa (6-10 days?)

Hopefully no more delays will happen. I sure wish we'd done the medical further in advance...

Timeline

Good News for all of you planning to take the train to your interviews....the planned Rail Strike has just been blocked by the courts, at least for now, so hopefully plans won't be as disrupted after all. Hurrah!

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

Timeline

Hehe, thanks, I gave you a reputation too. :)

It is very aggravating, right near the end. I keep telling myself this is only a few more weeks out of what's been five years, but something makes the last stages seem all the harder and longer. Reading people's posts, I get the feeling we're not the only ones.

We were told that the GP will get the records next week. (1 week)

My fiance will be back in Northern Ireland and able to schedule an appointment the week after. (1 week)

After his appointment, his results need to be sent back to Knightsbridge. (1 day)

Then Knightsbridge will send them to the embassy (3-4 days?)

Then the embassy will send us a visa (6-10 days?)

Hopefully no more delays will happen. I sure wish we'd done the medical further in advance...

Hey Rito,

I didn't mean to seem insensitive by posting my 'Rail Strike Over' info right after your post...whoops. I just wanted to apologise for that.

I hope you guys get things sorted soon...I know the waiting is horrible, and then to see the light at the end of the tunnel and have another delay crop up must be more than frustrating...but stay positive - you've said it yourself, but it's worth repeating: You have waited this long, so a few more weeks, whilst frustrating, is definitely doable. You'll get there, and it will all be worth it. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for a speedy resolution.

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Good News for all of you planning to take the train to your interviews....the planned Rail Strike has just been blocked by the courts, at least for now, so hopefully plans won't be as disrupted after all. Hurrah!

Hey Mr Strain, I just love your name!

Timeline

I've been looking to see where are good places to stay around the Embassy... Radisson Edwardian Sussex looks quite good, not too expensive and nicely placed between the embassy & the docs... Anyone stayed there?

1990(-ish): Family Holiday to FL. Met Nicole & family.

1990(-ish) - 1992(-ish): A few return visits

08-09/2007: Go back to FL. Meet with 'the folks' & Accept that we both 'like' each other & start dating.

02/2008 - Present: ...go back to FL again a few times.

09/2009: Propose and she says 'Yes'! :D

11/06/2009: I-129F posted to VSC

11/07/2009: I-129F received at VSC

11/09/2009: NOA1

11/13/2009: Touch

12/2009: ...back to FL once again

03/08/2010: Touch & NOA2 (119 Days)

03/11/2010: NVC have my case

03/12/2010: NVC incorrectly assigned & dispatched case to Dublin, not London!

03/18/2010: Package arrived in Dublin

03/19/2010: Ring Dublin and get case transferred to London

04/01/2010: London Sent 'P3'

04/03/2010: I Received 'P3'

04/14/2010: 'P3' sent back to embassy

04/16/2010: 'P3' recieved at embassy

04/29/2010: Medical - Passed

06/17/2010: Interview - In AP (220 Days)

08/17/2010: AP Finished - Approved

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hey Mr Strain, I just love your name!

Oh! Well thanks, I'm glad you approve :)

Any particular reason you like my name?

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

I've been looking to see where are good places to stay around the Embassy... Radisson Edwardian Sussex looks quite good, not too expensive and nicely placed between the embassy & the docs... Anyone stayed there?

I've not been there but I walked past it on Tuesday before my medical and it looked pretty good and is definately close. Right next to Oxford street so plenty to keep you occupied if you have time to spare! Good luck

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-25

NVC Received : 2010-03-01

NVC Left : 2010-03-04

Requested police report by post : 2010-03-08

Consulate Received : 2010-03-09

Medical Booked 2010-03-30

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-24

Police report received : 2010-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-25

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-24

Interview Date : 2010-05-11

Interview Result :Approved

Visa Received : 2010-05-19

US Entry : 2010-06-18

Marriage : 2010-07-24

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 90 days from your NOA1 date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.