SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Julez, thank you so much for responding to me.

Thanks for the tip on DOS line. I just got through, no problem, only to be told London not received it yet (sent 7 days ago, but never mind!).

Thanks for the assurance that London may accommodate my request if I write a letter. I didn't know I could do that. I would NEVER ask for any expediating for my own self - could not care less how long I have to wait personally, even if I had to sleep in the streets. and I am not having any wedding with guests (I have no one to invite, just my dogs!).

It's just like being a "single parent" with serious responsibilities for dependents (makes no difference if they are dogs, same as kids, they are wholly dependent on me for their care, shelter and wellbeing and one of them is 12 with arthritis) who will suffer enormously if they are moved and separated from me before the fear and stress they will endure of the flights. Am just hoping my letter doesn't land in the lap on any dog hating official!

Thanks again x

My pleasure to be of assistance. :)

In your letter, I would focus on the fact that the home is technically sold and that the deal will fall through if you are unable to vacate the premises by 30th June, causing you undue hardship. I would mention that you and your dogs would be homeless, but wouldn't make the dogs the focus of the request. I say this as a person who loves animals, but realizes that not everyone regards pets as family members. Plus, I don't view your request as queue jumping. You have a legitimate reason for requiring an interview ASAP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My pleasure to be of assistance. :)

In your letter, I would focus on the fact that the home is technically sold and that the deal will fall through if you are unable to vacate the premises by 30th June, causing you undue hardship. I would mention that you and your dogs would be homeless, but wouldn't make the dogs the focus of the request. I say this as a person who loves animals, but realizes that not everyone regards pets as family members. Plus, I don't view your request as queue jumping. You have a legitimate reason for requiring an interview ASAP.

Excellent advice. I do take your point about not making the dogs the focus of my request, wise of you (I would have probably gone down that road on a tear stained letter, if not advised otherwise). I will send evidence of the sale of my home etc.

I did put so much effort into research and gauging processing times in order to make timely decisions about everything else, and when I filed in October, it did not seem unrealistic for the process to be completed by end of June. But, as we now know from hard bitten experience, VSC do not process in strict date order, and the randomness of what goes on there, results in some people getting approved within 23 - 40 day time scales, and others, like myself, in 120 to 130 days (and my case was not complicated) which just makes everything else impossible to control.

Thanks for not making me feel the added guilt of queue jumping.

Timeline

Hi all after reading all the good updates on here i got my man to phone the DOS and they said that the London embassy has my case but no interview booked (obviously as i haven't sent them anything yet!)

I've had to guess on when NVC received and then sent to the embassy as we couldn't get through on the NVC number. I have got my london case number and have booked my medical for the 30th March.....nice day out in london and have also requested my police record.

I'm already and was going to send my checklist etc to the embassy but after reading the comments i think i will get my man to call the DOS in a few days to make sure Packet 3 has been sent out to me as i wouldn't want any hold ups this far on.

Thanks for all the help and advice as i certainly wouldn't have been so organised if it wasn't for this site, looking forward to hearing everyones stories as we go through to the interview stage as there seems to be a few of us.

Sundrop please could you add me to your list.

Thank you Zoe

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-11-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-11-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-02-25

NVC Received : 2010-03-01

NVC Left : 2010-03-04

Requested police report by post : 2010-03-08

Consulate Received : 2010-03-09

Medical Booked 2010-03-30

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-24

Police report received : 2010-03-25

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-03-25

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-24

Interview Date : 2010-05-11

Interview Result :Approved

Visa Received : 2010-05-19

US Entry : 2010-06-18

Marriage : 2010-07-24

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 90 days from your NOA1 date.

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex, FrostyMist, viol8torUK, TeamMoran

D_G, Andrew + Bethany, RUSSandRACHEL, david'sgirl/Scotinmass, Nikki-UK, earlgreygirl, jonoger1984, jenanddan2010, amykathleen2005

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Hindocha, munkeynuts, yorkshirerose22, .Jay'n'Terri, ajbe1986, brit la, Think~Pink, h1a1, karenista

March 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

April 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

May 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy

March Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1..........kjrrem....................2 Mar 2010 (49 days) :star:

K-1..........MattHeartCass.........4 Mar 2010 (123 days) :star:

K-1..........jkminney................5 Mar 2010 (40 days) :star:

CR-1........pwac......................5 Mar 2010 (41 days) :star:

CR-1........ruth_a....................9 Mar 2010 (62 days)

K-1..........Justine+David........10 Mar 2010 (98 days) :star:

K-1..........moss.....................16 Mar 2010 (51 days)

April Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

DCF........ohlpomr....................6 Apr 2010 (please fill in your timeline!)

K-1.........Rito..........................6 Apr 2010 (59 days)

K-1.........Hellojulie..................6 Apr 2010 (please fill in your timeline!)

K-1.........Ricky+Vanessa.........19 Apr 2010 (109 days)

K-1.........JMR..........................30 Apr 2010 (74 days)

May Interviews

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

Adrian+Mike (K1) P3 sent 21 Jan

Between NOA2 and P3

doghandler - NOA2: 23 Feb

Miss Jess - NOA2: 1 Mar

Please add us here Y&E - NO2: 3 Mar

visacat - NOA2: 16 Feb

Please add us in, Sundrop :) Thanks

Edited by Y&E

And, to add to the debate on why have only 1 medical location for the whole of the UK, why does the US Dept of State not make full use of their other consulates in NI and Scotland? I live a couple of streets away from the US consulate in Edinburgh. The flag flies, the doors are open, but very few people going in there! Goodness knows what they do in there, but it doesn't look like the are even remotely busy and if they at least carried out the interviews for the Scottish people, it would take the pressure off London. I know the US government aren't soliciting my humble opinion, but it would make sense.

I totally agree with this. It seems stupid that they can't at least offer one location in each of the Home Nations if nothing else. It would probably be cheaper for me to get to Edinburgh from near Manchester than to London (and I'd prefer to head back to a city I know). What about poor people on say the Outer Hebrides and in NI!

January 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jewel-8, Claire and Troy, lirwin2000, laura00412, beatlesrebel, Kimmy and PJ, NotworkSte, xSweeTiex, FrostyMist, viol8torUK, TeamMoran

D_G, Andrew + Bethany, RUSSandRACHEL, david'sgirl/Scotinmass, Nikki-UK, earlgreygirl, jonoger1984, jenanddan2010, amykathleen2005

February 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Hindocha, munkeynuts, yorkshirerose22, .Jay'n'Terri, ajbe1986, brit la, Think~Pink, h1a1, karenista

March 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

April 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

May 2010 Graduates of the US Embassy

March Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

K-1..........kjrrem....................2 Mar 2010 (49 days) :star:

K-1..........MattHeartCass.........4 Mar 2010 (123 days) :star:

K-1..........jkminney................5 Mar 2010 (40 days) :star:

CR-1........pwac......................5 Mar 2010 (41 days) :star:

CR-1........ruth_a....................9 Mar 2010 (62 days)

K-1..........Justine+David........10 Mar 2010 (98 days) :star:

K-1..........moss.....................16 Mar 2010 (51 days)

April Interviews (* days between (K1) returning P3/ (CR1) returning DS-3032 and Interview)

DCF........ohlpomr....................6 Apr 2010 (please fill in your timeline!)

K-1.........Rito..........................6 Apr 2010 (59 days)

K-1.........Hellojulie..................6 Apr 2010 (please fill in your timeline!)

K-1.........Ricky+Vanessa.........19 Apr 2010 (109 days)

K-1.........JMR..........................30 Apr 2010 (74 days)

May Interviews

:star:= APPROVED

Waiting for interview date:

Adrian+Mike (K1) P3 sent 21 Jan

sveta & jeff (IR-1) P3 sent 6 March

Between NOA2 and P3

visacat - NOA2: 16 Feb

doghandler - NOA2: 23 Feb

Amy and Michael - NOA2: 25 Feb

ztaylor - NOA2: 25 Feb

Miss Jess - NOA2: 1 Mar

Y&E - NOA2: 3 Mar

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline
I totally agree with this. It seems stupid that they can't at least offer one location in each of the Home Nations if nothing else. It would probably be cheaper for me to get to Edinburgh from near Manchester than to London (and I'd prefer to head back to a city I know). What about poor people on say the Outer Hebrides and in NI!

It's not rocket science after all!

PEOPLE - THIS IS IMPORTANT - There is a new version of form DS-230. See this topic which was on UK portal if you've not already seen it.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=246127

Timeline
What about poor people on say the Outer Hebrides and in NI!

Yes, what about us poor Belfasters! :) Actually, as the petitioner, I seem to be more annoyed about than my dutiful beneficiary. The boy says he's happy to take a £35 flight to London every now and then. I bet he wouldn't say that if he had a 9-5 job in NI, though!

Yes, what about us poor Belfasters! :) Actually, as the petitioner, I seem to be more annoyed about than my dutiful beneficiary. The boy says he's happy to take a £35 flight to London every now and then. I bet he wouldn't say that if he had a 9-5 job in NI, though!

Stupid - cheaper to fly from NI than to take a 3 hour train journey from Manchester - and quicker too! Oh for cheap public transport, sigh...

Stupid - cheaper to fly from NI than to take a 3 hour train journey from Manchester - and quicker too! Oh for cheap public transport, sigh...

At this moment I'm very glad I live in London lol

Oops - I just noticed on the list I'm listed as k-1, but we are IR-1. :) sorry - I put that in the timeline but it's not showing under my name for some reason.

:) Sorry.. I'll fix it with the next update.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

WOOHOO!!! According to DHL the Embassy have received my case (although DOS didn't seem to think so) :) They got it Monday - so hopefully Packet 3 soon....

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

Timeline
WOOHOO!!! According to DHL the Embassy have received my case (although DOS didn't seem to think so) :) They got it Monday - so hopefully Packet 3 soon....

London has received our cases, but haven't logged them yet. We'll be sitting in a box, unopened, goodness knows for how long, all very reminiscent of our VSC days!

Now, visacat if you're out there - are you still waiting for your packet 3? NOA2 9 Feb! so going by that, it's another long wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.