SunDrop

2010 United Kingdom Interview Thread

1,877 posts in this topic

so is it ok to put an earlier poe/wedding date even if you *know* you're doing it later? Like we are getting married 27/11 and planning POE for last week of October but I'd quite like to get everything done and dusted by June...but equally is it bad to tell porky pies?

PS...good luck tomorrow :)

:lol: You should be glad you didn't ask this question a few years back... There was a great big sh!t storm in the UK forum regarding the morality of doing such a thing. It was amazing how strident some were about this being akin to queue-jumping, or maybe baby-eating. :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:lol: You should be glad you didn't ask this question a few years back... There was a great big sh!t storm in the UK forum regarding the morality of doing such a thing. It was amazing how strident some were about this being akin to queue-jumping, or maybe baby-eating. :D

Oh, there is no crime more heinous to a Brit than queue jumping! :) But seriously, I'd just write "marriage date waiting on Visa approval." It's the most honest and won't give you a delay, and you'll feel better about it. That's what we did, and our interview date was fine.

How can it be considered line jumping though if you can't even ask for a date until you get the green light from the USE anyway about p3? It's not like you're saying you should be processed before the couple before you...

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
How can it be considered line jumping though if you can't even ask for a date until you get the green light from the USE anyway about p3? It's not like you're saying you should be processed before the couple before you...

I think the act of contention is dishonestly reporting an earlier date in hopes of being bumped ahead of others.

But presumably not putting a date is fine? After all, they do say you shouldn't make any concrete plans until the visa is issued (even if this is advice we have ignored :))

I'm not trying to get ahead of anyone - I'll happily wait in the line once my P3 is returned - but conversely I don't want to be bumped to September because I put a specific date and then find there's something wrong and be in a major flap to fix it cos we're running out of time.

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

But presumably not putting a date is fine? After all, they do say you shouldn't make any concrete plans until the visa is issued (even if this is advice we have ignored :))

I'm not trying to get ahead of anyone - I'll happily wait in the line once my P3 is returned - but conversely I don't want to be bumped to September because I put a specific date and then find there's something wrong and be in a major flap to fix it cos we're running out of time.

They don't seem to work on the basis of "you're not getting married for another 8 months, so we won't interview you for another 7," which is a good thing! I'd guess at worst, you'd get a 'later in the month' interview for the month that they're allocating for by the time your P3 is logged. It's hard to tell, but they seem to have strayed a little from the middle of the month allocation schedule they were working on. Maybe due to staff shortages, but it still seems to be around the 50 day mark for most people (from returning your P3).

I think it's very different to return your P3 saying you're getting married in June because you want to get interviewed and holding that visa ASAP. You're obviously planning ahead and dealing with it responsibly and that's not 'jumping ahead' of anyone, it's proceeding in fair and due course along with the others who filed at the same time as you (usually!) Nobody complains that you filed your petition too early and so forced the Service Center to adjudicate much earlier than you really needed them to...

At worst, if they give you one months ahead, like they did to a recent DCF, you can contact them and ask for it to be brought forward. And plans can change too!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Is it just me or does it look like London is really slow processing to send packet 3 and then allocating an interview date? I thought the slow bit was USCIS but some people's timelines appear to show a 5 month wait just to interview! I was hoping to be in the US by June but as our case has only just gone to NVC (fingers crossed it has arrived) that's not looking likely. Any thoughts on this?

You can work around the system a little by being very on your toes, in that as soon as DOS tells you that the embassy has sent you P3 you can send your stuff off to them ASAP without waiting for the letter. From there it's looking like a month or two to get the interview. But it would be a good idea to get all your documentation right now.

Naturalization

Thanks Justine and David,

I think I'm sorted. Just need to sign and date and hope that my Police certs arrive soon, and the bits that Y needs to send.

Do you know, could I book my medical as soon as we know the LON number from USC or should I wait until I hear the P3 has been sent?

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing in the next month or so!

No, you can book your medical as soon as you know your LND number.

Naturalization

No, you can book your medical as soon as you know your LND number.

I have a couple of questions about this actually - one of which I've asked before but as you folks are recent grads of the embassy you may have a clear answer ;)

So with the medical - guesstimate of what the wait for an appointment is at the moment? Just trying to figure out if I should just book it (and try and align it with a work trip to London so I don't have to pay for the train ;)) or wait a bit.

Also, I have a problematic vaccination history. I had an allergic reaction to the Measles vaccine when I was a kiddie and so pretty much haven't had any vaccinations since (Mumps and Rubella being notable omissions). Will a letter from my doctor advising I shouldn't have any vaccines grown on eggs for medical reasons suffice?

From the way I understand the vaccine chart I'm only supposed to have Tetanus, MMR and Varicella anyway for my age group - I'm just worrying about it.

Jess
Forewarned is forearmed

See my Timeline for previous USCIS applications

Lifting Conditions
2/20/2013: Filed
2/25/2013: NOA1

7/5/2013: RFE

8/23/2013: Approved

8/31/2013: GC received

You just call them up and see what days they have available, basically.

Definitely get a letter from your doctor about the vaccinations.

Oh:

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 hours waiting, 5 minutes of interview said David.

Naturalization

oh: He said that nobody asked him to pay for his visa, although he did pay for the courier. Has anyone run into this before? I told him to call the US embassy hotline...they did keep his passport though!

Naturalization

Congratulations, Justine and David! Good luck for everything that is to follow :dance:

I look forward to seeing your review of the embassy if you only had 5 minutes of interview!

Edited by Y&E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.