MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Hello yardies I am not anxious anymore, I did a lot of praying and now I feel like everything will be ok. I am in the process of getting my new birth certificate with my correct name on it so we can continue this visa process. Please pray for my husband and I because we really need to be with each other soon. I miss him so bad. Thanks :)

Wait is this a name change or newbie? I'm lost on what is going on?

Good monring Dada. It's both. A newbie that changed their name. The newbie, Andria, I believe was "Anxious" but is now "Mrs. Z"!

man i hate this damn board!! peace..mi wish everybody the best !! finesse i pray for a save delivery and health baby girls!!!

Q..i forgot it was u...congrats to u guys!!!

u"ll should just bundle up and sing cumbayah..if u'll can't be honest about things whats the point again? just to hear congrats and he/she is such a good guy? come on now..and NO mi no give a rass wah anybody feel..

Umm what mi miss?? PM anyone????

I'm still trying to figure out what went down as well!

This was regarding the situation with Ells....

Gotcha! :unsure:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl, i polished off a pint of apricot brandy and gave steve one hell of a show/sexy party... he is still sleep :rofl:

My ex used to tell me he loved when I drank… Umm I wonder why :unsure: ??

Raeeeee Guh deh Ramping Shop MsTee.....let me find out you were balancing on your tippy toe while doing they Dutty Whine :devil:

Lmaoooooooooooooo

Scam Alert: Stringing along Jamaican lottery scammers

E-mail to a friendPrinter-friendlyLink to this storyRating: It's a little suspicious when the address linked to a call notifying someone they won the Maryland Lottery is in Michigan. Or Ohio.

And Richard Drexel, who has worked in security for part of his career, is no fool. As soon as the call came in for his son, also Richard, the elder Drexel called the Maryland Lottery. No, in fact, they don't call you to notify you you've won — they have other means.

And they certainly don't ask you to pony up $150 to pay for "fees" and "taxes" before you can collect your winnings.

And the lottery would not ask for that money in the form of a Western Union money transfer. (Incidentally, the forwarding address for the money was at first in Michigan, then in Ohio, Drexel said.)

Drexel decided to string the men along a little, have a little fun, after the Mount Airy resident had called the police, of course. The men called five or six times over the course of days, desperate, it seemed, to land a fish. Drexel called me a couple of times recently to let me know how things were going.

In the middle of it all, I asked how long he'd be yanking them along.

"I don't know, I'm having fun now," Drexel said. "I'm wondering how much their phone bill is running up."

The callers had heavy accents, he said. The 876 area code the men called from is Jamaican.

When I spoke to him Tuesday, Drexel said a police officer finally called the men, and when he identified himself, the man hung up. So what did they do next? Go dark? Dump their pre-paid cell phones and disappear?

No. They called Drexel's son back, trying to convince him they weren't trying to pull off a fraud. Then they changed their story; they weren't the Maryland Lottery, but a national lottery. Not that the U.S. has a national lottery.

Not too bright. When the younger Drexel pointed that out, the con man hung up. For good this time.

This is a version of the "advance-fee" scam, in which the scammers try to get money sent by Western Union, which is fast and irreversible. Normally the criminals will say an advance is necessary to pay tax on winnings before they can be released (something they in fact told Drexel).

Drexel told me his offer of a postal money order was turned down -- the fraudsters asked for nothing that had anything to do with the U.S. government. They insisted on Western Union.

And $150 is on the low end of what con artists tend to ask for in this kind of scam. More often it's in the thousands.

"They probably would have strung us out for more if they'd got that," Drexel said.

What is worrying is that Drexel, whose cell phone plan is under his wife's name, has no idea how the younger Drexel's phone number became available to the scammers. Drexel's son hasn't posted it anywhere online.

Legitimate lottery organizations will never ask for money upfront, so there's your second clue (the first being the suspicious addresses). One of the "protect yourself from fraud" tips on the Western Union website states: Never send money to pay for taxes or fees on foreign lottery winnings — doubly so if you never entered a lottery to begin with.

They also have one excellent piece of advice when it comes to scams of all types: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Thanks for sharing! Folks are out of pocket these days! :angry:

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

E-mail to a friendPrinter-friendlyLink to this storyRating: It's a little suspicious when the address linked to a call notifying someone they won the Maryland Lottery is in Michigan. Or Ohio.

And Richard Drexel, who has worked in security for part of his career, is no fool. As soon as the call came in for his son, also Richard, the elder Drexel called the Maryland Lottery. No, in fact, they don't call you to notify you you've won — they have other means.

And they certainly don't ask you to pony up $150 to pay for "fees" and "taxes" before you can collect your winnings.

And the lottery would not ask for that money in the form of a Western Union money transfer. (Incidentally, the forwarding address for the money was at first in Michigan, then in Ohio, Drexel said.)

Drexel decided to string the men along a little, have a little fun, after the Mount Airy resident had called the police, of course. The men called five or six times over the course of days, desperate, it seemed, to land a fish. Drexel called me a couple of times recently to let me know how things were going.

"I don't know, I'm having fun now," Drexel said. "I'm wondering how much their phone bill is running up."

The callers had heavy accents, he said. The 876 area code the men called from is Jamaican.

When I spoke to him Tuesday, Drexel said a police officer finally called the men, and when he identified himself, the man hung up. So what did they do next? Go dark? Dump their pre-paid cell phones and disappear?

No. They called Drexel's son back, trying to convince him they weren't trying to pull off a fraud. Then they changed their story; they weren't the Maryland Lottery, but a national lottery. Not that the U.S. has a national lottery.

Not too bright. When the younger Drexel pointed that out, the con man hung up. For good this time.

This is a version of the "advance-fee" scam, in which the scammers try to get money sent by Western Union, which is fast and irreversible. Normally the criminals will say an advance is necessary to pay tax on winnings before they can be released (something they in fact told Drexel).

Drexel told me his offer of a postal money order was turned down -- the fraudsters asked for nothing that had anything to do with the U.S. government. They insisted on Western Union.

And $150 is on the low end of what con artists tend to ask for in this kind of scam. More often it's in the thousands.

"They probably would have strung us out for more if they'd got that," Drexel said.

What is worrying is that Drexel, whose cell phone plan is under his wife's name, has no idea how the younger Drexel's phone number became available to the scammers. Drexel's son hasn't posted it anywhere online.

Legitimate lottery organizations will never ask for money upfront, so there's your second clue (the first being the suspicious addresses). One of the "protect yourself from fraud" tips on the Western Union website states: Never send money to pay for taxes or fees on foreign lottery winnings — doubly so if you never entered a lottery to begin with.

They also have one excellent piece of advice when it comes to scams of all types: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

MsTee girl I got a call from JA the same week that G was coming and they told me that they were the FBI and they say that I sent $$$ to a Ricardo Smith (G's friend that I did send $$$ to because G was at work and could not pick it up) and they want to know why and that they are going to come arrest me if I dont send in the amount of $$$ that sent to Mr. Smith. I called G and he said that when Ricky gave him the receipt it drop out of his pocket in a cab. When I was finish with them on the phone they were sorry they every called me. Dem stincking dutty P u s s y hole dont know seh mi nah stupid.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

OK LADIES I HAVE A QUESTION THIS IS MORE TO SET MY MOMS MIND AT EASE... THOSE OF YOU WHOSE FIANCES HAVE ARRIVED YOU ALL PURCHASED ONE WAY TICKETS CORRECT? ( SOMEONE AT MY MOMS JOB TOLD HER OTHERWISE AND OF COURSE IT WORRIED HER)...

Hi Sweetie, we purchased 1 way tickets with no issues, you should be just fine! :thumbs:

Good Afternoon Ladies, I just got in from Church! I have to tell you that VJ's Yardies thread is addictive! :)

:wow: I am SOOOO excited for all of you who are getting married, planning foryour men to come home with you, and going to the interviews soon.

I havent even mailed my application in yet, I have gotten it all in order and I will sending it soon. I think I will have someone else just to look over it before I mail it though....Can't wait to be with my Sweetie soon, :dance: I am visiting JA 12/28 -01/07 but the hardest part is the day I leave. I will be glad when it is his turn to get on the plane and fly here to ME!!!!

Thats wonderful Dan Dan you are going to see your man! Have a blast during the holidays a yaad PARTAY time :lol:

Morning all -

Princess, I would ask your doctor to write a note and include it with your letter -

funny-pictures-cat-immigrates-illegally.jpg

Sus I love this pic :rofl:

good morning ,,, i hope everyone has a great day.... jap i agree with sus have the doctor include a note...

Yup I agree as well JA P make sure you include a note from the Dr. all will be fine God will see this through!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

MsTee girl I got a call from JA the same week that G was coming and they told me that they were the FBI and they say that I sent $$$ to a Ricardo Smith (G's friend that I did send $$$ to because G was at work and could not pick it up) and they want to know why and that they are going to come arrest me if I dont send in the amount of $$$ that sent to Mr. Smith. I called G and he said that when Ricky gave him the receipt it drop out of his pocket in a cab. When I was finish with them on the phone they were sorry they every called me. Dem stincking dutty P u s s y hole dont know seh mi nah stupid.

That's crazy! :wacko: I know you lit in on their ssA!!!!!

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

They called and I handed the phone to Steve, he threatened to take a machette to the skull!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

THE SAD THING IS THEY GET AWAY WITH IT ALOT ... I WORK FOR MONEYGRAM AND I HAVE SEEN IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN...

Edited by my2rmylife

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Dens I was so mad because they kept calling my cell at work. Everytime I hung up they called back. Then the fool tell me that I cant hang u on the FBI so I said ok may I please have you Badge #, Your Supervisor # and your office location and I will contact them. He started stuttering like a fool. I ask him since when FBI call people to tell them tey are coming to arrest them. I asked him is cow was his Madda cause no human could have pushed him out he must have drop out a cow batti. Girl I went out of the building to cuss...oooohhhh Im still mad just thinking about it

oMQjm5.png

AOS

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had calls for the JA lottery scam in the summer time when DJ was in the hospital - I had several missed calls in a row from an unknown #, then a JA # - I called back bc I thought it was related to him being in the hospital, or using someone's phone to call me - The guy tried to convince me that he wasn't calling from a JA # - that it was a computer routed one and that's why it came up with that area code - I told him I knew he was calling me on a Digicel - then he asked me if I was ready to complete the transaction so that I could get my winnings - I told him that I would have my husband, a cop in Kingston, call him back because he would come pick up my winnings in person, no bank account needed - he hung up immediately and I haven't had a call since -

But this scam is definitely linked to Western Union - cause the call came a few hours after I had sent money to DJ's brother so that they could get his medication.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

WE GET PEOPLE ALL THE TIME WITH SCAMS ... THATS WHY WHEN PEOPLE SEND TO A INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION I HAVE TO ASK A MILLION QUESTIONS... I HATE ASKING THE QUESTIONS BUT IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER WHEN PEOPLE DONT LOOSE MONEY .

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
I had calls for the JA lottery scam in the summer time when DJ was in the hospital - I had several missed calls in a row from an unknown #, then a JA # - I called back bc I thought it was related to him being in the hospital, or using someone's phone to call me - The guy tried to convince me that he wasn't calling from a JA # - that it was a computer routed one and that's why it came up with that area code - I told him I knew he was calling me on a Digicel - then he asked me if I was ready to complete the transaction so that I could get my winnings - I told him that I would have my husband, a cop in Kingston, call him back because he would come pick up my winnings in person, no bank account needed - he hung up immediately and I haven't had a call since -

But this scam is definitely linked to Western Union - cause the call came a few hours after I had sent money to DJ's brother so that they could get his medication.

I use MoneyGram so its link there too

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Timeline

ladies i cant contain myself ... i got the best christmas present in the world... my parents were surprised me by purchasing my fiances ticket so he will be her by christmas .. they were trying to surprise me but as i was online yesterday about to book a ticket they had to let the cat out of the bag.

I use MoneyGram so its link there too

yeah it is and i think the agent sometimes give their friends info ...

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

OH WOW! My2... that is soooo nice. I am so happy for you! What a wonderful Christmas present.

My mom is getting me 2 new tires... I thought that was super! LOL

I hope that your foot is doing better and you have less pain. Is he flying into RIC?

I would be going nuts cleaning and decorating!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
OH WOW! My2... that is soooo nice. I am so happy for you! What a wonderful Christmas present.

My mom is getting me 2 new tires... I thought that was super! LOL

I hope that your foot is doing better and you have less pain. Is he flying into RIC?

I would be going nuts cleaning and decorating!

yeah i was in tears.... my foot is ok still aches at night...im off tomorrow so i will be runnning around cleaning and getting ready...

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.