MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hi Ells! Hi Mrs. Thompson! What are you doing on here this late? I am wayyyy ahead of most and full of rum punch, waiting on hubby to finish come up (from the man cave) for date nite....my movie choice is Ice Age 3.

Girl, i polished off a pint of apricot brandy and gave steve one hell of a show/sexy party... he is still sleep :rofl:

Go on with your fast self :devil:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Afternoon Ladies, I just got in from Church! I have to tell you that VJ's Yardies thread is addictive! :)

:wow: I am SOOOO excited for all of you who are getting married, planning foryour men to come home with you, and going to the interviews soon.

I havent even mailed my application in yet, I have gotten it all in order and I will sending it soon. I think I will have someone else just to look over it before I mail it though....Can't wait to be with my Sweetie soon, :dance: I am visiting JA 12/28 -01/07 but the hardest part is the day I leave. I will be glad when it is his turn to get on the plane and fly here to ME!!!!

i know how that is .... i was on here about a month before i actually sent everything off... it was exciting watching everyone else get through .. i cant believe now its me palnning for my mans arrival ..and this wedsite and the ladies on here are great support...

I had already file my paperwork. I came on here while waitin on our NO2A! Such good advice on this site, especially the Yardie sistas! :)

Hi Ells! Hi Mrs. Thompson! What are you doing on here this late? I am wayyyy ahead of most and full of rum punch, waiting on hubby to finish come up (from the man cave) for date nite....my movie choice is Ice Age 3.

Girl, i polished off a pint of apricot brandy and gave steve one hell of a show/sexy party... he is still sleep :rofl:

Go on with your fast self :devil:

Lol! I had fun... Moves I didn't even know I had :rofl::rofl:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey shaunsgal how are you

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Prime Minister Bruce Golding told Parliament on Tuesday that DNA legislation would pave the way for mandatory registration of a father's name on a new-born child's birth certificate. The draft for the DNA legislation is complete and on its way to Cabinet for review.

The prime minister was responding to a question in Parliament from the Member for Central Kingston, Reverend Ronald Thwaites, on when the change in the regulations that would compel the naming of fathers would start.

drafting

"Work is proceeding on the drafting of the appropriate legislation. It has taken some time to examine carefully certain legal issues that arise from the drafting instructions. In addition, adequate provisions will have to be made for persons named as fathers, who deny the assertion, to be able to challenge such an assertion and for it to be determined by scientific evidence. The only conclusive means of doing so is by way of DNA testing. The legislation is, therefore, contingent on other legislation to regulate the taking of DNA samples and their admissibility. In that regard, a draft bill to provide for the collection and use of DNA data - this was completed by the Chief Parliamentary Counsel on the 16th of November and will shortly to be submitted to the Cabinet - submissions will have to be made for instances where it is not possible for the father to be identified. The defect which the legislation will seek to correct is the situation where the purported father is properly identified but withholds the currently required consent for his name to be recorded."

The prime minister also said that when the regulations were in place, the father would be notified that he had been named as a father and he would have 30 days to appeal.

"At the time of registration, the mother would be required to state the name of the father. That person will be given an opportunity to challenge that assertion and the ultimate challenge of that assertion will have to be the way of a DNA test."

The DNA law will address the handling of DNA evidence so that it is admissible in court for not only paternity matters, but also criminal cases.

I see all kinds of issues with this - how are they going to ensure the father received notification??????????

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
OK LADIES I HAVE A QUESTION THIS IS MORE TO SET MY MOMS MIND AT EASE... THOSE OF YOU WHOSE FIANCES HAVE ARRIVED YOU ALL PURCHASED ONE WAY TICKETS CORRECT? ( SOMEONE AT MY MOMS JOB TOLD HER OTHERWISE AND OF COURSE IT WORRIED HER)...

Yes, we purchased a one-way flight.

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies :star:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
Prime Minister Bruce Golding told Parliament on Tuesday that DNA legislation would pave the way for mandatory registration of a father's name on a new-born child's birth certificate. The draft for the DNA legislation is complete and on its way to Cabinet for review.

The prime minister was responding to a question in Parliament from the Member for Central Kingston, Reverend Ronald Thwaites, on when the change in the regulations that would compel the naming of fathers would start.

drafting

"Work is proceeding on the drafting of the appropriate legislation. It has taken some time to examine carefully certain legal issues that arise from the drafting instructions. In addition, adequate provisions will have to be made for persons named as fathers, who deny the assertion, to be able to challenge such an assertion and for it to be determined by scientific evidence. The only conclusive means of doing so is by way of DNA testing. The legislation is, therefore, contingent on other legislation to regulate the taking of DNA samples and their admissibility. In that regard, a draft bill to provide for the collection and use of DNA data - this was completed by the Chief Parliamentary Counsel on the 16th of November and will shortly to be submitted to the Cabinet - submissions will have to be made for instances where it is not possible for the father to be identified. The defect which the legislation will seek to correct is the situation where the purported father is properly identified but withholds the currently required consent for his name to be recorded."

The prime minister also said that when the regulations were in place, the father would be notified that he had been named as a father and he would have 30 days to appeal.

"At the time of registration, the mother would be required to state the name of the father. That person will be given an opportunity to challenge that assertion and the ultimate challenge of that assertion will have to be the way of a DNA test."

The DNA law will address the handling of DNA evidence so that it is admissible in court for not only paternity matters, but also criminal cases.

I see all kinds of issues with this - how are they going to ensure the father received notification??????????

I see it too!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Evening Yardies (F)

Yes, I am up late :wacko:

I have to write a letter to the consular stating why I am unable to attend the interview (due to the late stage of my pregnancy) and I am unsure how to word it.

Any suggestions on what to say, from those who were unable to attend their fiance's interview?

Timeline
Evening Yardies (F)

Yes, I am up late :wacko:

I have to write a letter to the consular stating why I am unable to attend the interview (due to the late stage of my pregnancy) and I am unsure how to word it.

Any suggestions on what to say, from those who were unable to attend their fiance's interview?

I sent you a PM. Good luck sweetie!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Yardies!!! :D

USCIS TIMELINE (Married March 20, 2010)

04/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2010 - NOA 1 Received

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

01-NOV-2010: NVC Received Case

20-Dec-2010: Case Completed

US Embassy in Kingston

07-Feb-2011: Interview @ 8:00am

11-Feb-2011: Received Visa

16-Feb-2011: POE Houston, Texas

Removal of Conditions

07-Dec-2012: Mailed application

25-May-2013: Received 10yr. Green Card

ogTOm5.png

Timeline

good morning ,,, i hope everyone has a great day.... jap i agree with sus have the doctor include a note...

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Good morning Yardies! I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend! :dance:

Good Morning Yardies!!! :D

Dan-Dan, I see that you have a trip to JA coming up to visit your Sweetie! I can imagine you're counting down the days!!! :thumbs:

drafting

Lawd have mercy....I can already see this being a H.A.M!!! (Hot A* Mess!!!)

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Good luck to MoMo and Acory on their interview tomorrow. Can't remember if Spanglas changed her date but it says the 14th on here so good luck to her and Dane. Good luck to Carmel who has her interview on the 19th! Sending positive vibes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.