MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wuz up, Yardies!! I hope everyone is well. Ivan and I are doing wonderful. He is getting along well with my brother and daughter. And we have found a couple of spots throughout town that makes him feel right at home. We've been hitting the gym consistently and started our homework for our "Marriage without Regrets" course at church. Not sure if he is really into it yet because he find the HW difficult. But we will see how things pan out. We also started to explore career options and he is thinking of getting his certifications to be a personal trainer. Luckily we can purchase study materials and he can start to work on obtaining them during the down time of not working, etc..

Does anyone know how to make peanut porridge?

My FH makes it. He takes raw peanuts, cornmeal, nutmeg, vanilla flavoring and crushes them using the blender. He then boils everything with milk. Its very similar to making cream of wheat. He also mentioned the stirring consistently is the key....

Thank you, i needed to know this! Happy everyone is getting along

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Definitely not! For some reason, both of us woke up tossing & turning. I think it was too hot in here with the sheets, throw, AND comforter. I turned on a fan, browsed the internet for a bit. To fall back asleep, I put on "Julie and Julia." :lol: That did the trick!

LOL @ Julia and Julia so are you saying its boring? :whistle:

Just a bit long & slow. I would rather it be "Julia." They could've dropped the entire Julie storyline and I wouldn't miss it at all.

Ok Nat,

I thought that we were in the same city? :blush:

I only have a blanket and a sheet with the heater turned down very low. I am in the Spring/Tomball area of town what area are you in?

Is Steve adjusting to his new life in Texas? My sweetie always asks me if I thinking that he will enjoy it here and I always say YES. I have been in the Houston area all of my life and I have traveled quite a bit domestically and internationally and I can't imagine living any other place....

Have you and Steve found places of interest to visits ie; restaurants, grocery stores, entertainment venues, and etc. that he likes.

My Sweetie always says that Americans eat out to much, I told him if you want to eat out Houston is the place to do it. We have just as many restaurants as Jamaica has churches!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

However I think he and his family eats out more than the kids and I do. He was on the phone this morning saying that we eat out to much and I ask my Son when the last time we ate out and he stated Sunday I asked my Sweetie the same question & he stated last night and I said don’t forget about Thursday night… He is always getting a boxed food.

I just thought I would be nice to get some prospective on things that He might enjoy from the two of you!!!

We're closer to the Galleria. For food, we've found 2 Caribbean restaurants: Cool Runnings (cheaper, more of a take-out place) and Caribbean Jerk Cuisine. Both are in the southwest part of town. Also, we've gone to Club Riddims a few times. That is guaranteed to put Steven in a good mood. He's enjoyed the movie theater (esp Studio Movie Grill) and 832 Coffee House (http://www.832coffeehouse.com/) where you hear music/poetry acts and get free cookies & coffee (not that he's into either of those... but my friends and I go especially for the cookies). He also LOVED Dave & Buster's.

There are many things we haven't done yet that are on my list: ice skating @ Galleria, bowling, paint balling, waterwall @ Galleria, rollerblading. I'm not rushing too much, since we have the rest of our lives.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HELLO I HAD A LONG DAY AT WORK .... HOPE EVERYOEN HAD A GREAT DAY ,,,,

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Hi Yardies! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Hey Char! So glad to hear that all is going well with you guys. I need to get on that work out routine with you guys. We will have to link up for sure and hit up some of these spots that you guys have found! :thumbs:

HELLO I HAD A LONG DAY AT WORK .... HOPE EVERYOEN HAD A GREAT DAY ,,,,

Awww get you some rest girl!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

OK LADIES I HAVE A QUESTION THIS IS MORE TO SET MY MOMS MIND AT EASE... THOSE OF YOU WHOSE FIANCES HAVE ARRIVED YOU ALL PURCHASED ONE WAY TICKETS CORRECT? ( SOMEONE AT MY MOMS JOB TOLD HER OTHERWISE AND OF COURSE IT WORRIED HER)...

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Morning, All. I'm about to go to church to work with the 2nd & 3rd graders for TWO services. Today's their day to go on the giant indoor slide and indoor playground-type thing, so I will need a lot of energy.

My2, when purchasing the ticket at the Continental counter at the airport (which took OVER an hour, for some frustrating reason), the attendant first tried to tell me that I couldn't purchase a one-way ticket for a fiance visa holder. I told her that is illogical and to check again. She did, and found that you can.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Morning, All. I'm about to go to church to work with the 2nd & 3rd graders for TWO services. Today's their day to go on the giant indoor slide and indoor playground-type thing, so I will need a lot of energy.

My2, when purchasing the ticket at the Continental counter at the airport (which took OVER an hour, for some frustrating reason), the attendant first tried to tell me that I couldn't purchase a one-way ticket for a fiance visa holder. I told her that is illogical and to check again. She did, and found that you can.

THANKS NAT

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

THANKS NAT

I purchased Steve's ticket online - One Way - You have to shop around because sometimes it is cheaper to buy it round trip!

hey mama :)

Timeline

THANKS NAT

I purchased Steve's ticket online - One Way - You have to shop around because sometimes it is cheaper to buy it round trip!

thanks i thougt i was right just wanted to double check ..

hello mstee and mamajew how are you today..

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

THANKS NAT

Doing good for a rainy day... I purchased some lil stuff for the wedding.. no shoes yet lol Saturday I will be getting shoes and tie, next tues, nails did, pedicure and eyebrows... maybe eyelashes!!! Im getting there

Timeline

THANKS NAT

Doing good for a rainy day... I purchased some lil stuff for the wedding.. no shoes yet lol Saturday I will be getting shoes and tie, next tues, nails did, pedicure and eyebrows... maybe eyelashes!!! Im getting there

lol you really are taking your time on the shoes lol... glad things are getting together ..... cant wait for your pics..

hello dan dan

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon Ladies, I just got in from Church! I have to tell you that VJ's Yardies thread is addictive! :)

:wow: I am SOOOO excited for all of you who are getting married, planning foryour men to come home with you, and going to the interviews soon.

I havent even mailed my application in yet, I have gotten it all in order and I will sending it soon. I think I will have someone else just to look over it before I mail it though....Can't wait to be with my Sweetie soon, :dance: I am visiting JA 12/28 -01/07 but the hardest part is the day I leave. I will be glad when it is his turn to get on the plane and fly here to ME!!!!

USCIS TIMELINE (Married March 20, 2010)

04/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/22/2010 - NOA 1 Received

11/01/2010 - NOA2

NVC TIMELINE

01-NOV-2010: NVC Received Case

20-Dec-2010: Case Completed

US Embassy in Kingston

07-Feb-2011: Interview @ 8:00am

11-Feb-2011: Received Visa

16-Feb-2011: POE Houston, Texas

Removal of Conditions

07-Dec-2012: Mailed application

25-May-2013: Received 10yr. Green Card

ogTOm5.png

Timeline
Good Afternoon Ladies, I just got in from Church! I have to tell you that VJ's Yardies thread is addictive! :)

:wow: I am SOOOO excited for all of you who are getting married, planning foryour men to come home with you, and going to the interviews soon.

I havent even mailed my application in yet, I have gotten it all in order and I will sending it soon. I think I will have someone else just to look over it before I mail it though....Can't wait to be with my Sweetie soon, :dance: I am visiting JA 12/28 -01/07 but the hardest part is the day I leave. I will be glad when it is his turn to get on the plane and fly here to ME!!!!

i know how that is .... i was on here about a month before i actually sent everything off... it was exciting watching everyone else get through .. i cant believe now its me palnning for my mans arrival ..and this wedsite and the ladies on here are great support...

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Thats how it is.. im glad you will be able to spend some quality time with him! Have fun!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.