MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 21)

5,010 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good job nat!

i am sooooo dreading that long rass day! i haven't changed anything yet, its such a hassle to me,, my job, bank accounts, ssa, dl UGGHHHH.. i know im mrs roger! but he says by the first of the year i must change my name

I think only 21 days till then!!!

don't remind me..ughh

[07/15/07 Met RG on vacation in Jamaica

07/27/09 He proposes on one of his visits here

08/07/09 We are married!!!!!

AOS from B2 visa

09/03/09 Completed medical.. all clear!!

09/21/09 Sent off I130, I485, I131, I765.. YAYYYYYY[/color]

09/23/09 package received

09/28/2009 all 4 NOA's printed (received on OCT 1ST)

09/30/09 checks cashed!

10/05/09 receive biometrics appt for 10/28/2009

10/13/09 walk in biometrics.. !

10/26/2009 receive interview letter for NOV 30th 11:30!!!! PRAISE GOD!

11/06/2009 receive advance parole papers.. no email, no updates beforehand..

11/16/2009 After 2 WEEKS of checking the mail thinking the EAD and AP come about the same time, we get the "card production ordered" email for the EAD.. better late than never.. thank you LORD!!!

11/19/2009 receive another email stating "card production ordered"

11/23/2009 receive EAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/2009 bittersweet interview, but WE ARE APPROVED

12/02/09 social security card in mail

12/04/09 receive "welcome" letter in mail

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nope...a Oreo chocolate cake...Damein cannot pass up chocolate chip cookies from Subway and a good chocolate cake.

He just called me from work on speaker phone....the guys are tearing it up...good.... no leftovers for me :crying:

LOL - you know he did that on purpose! I think you need to have another cake to celebrate with when he gets home from work! :devil:

Here is an easy one to make - We have done it for years, but we make it in a log shape - just slather one cookie with whip cream, stick another on, keep repeating until you have a log of them (on their side) then coat the whole thing with whip cream

http://aliceqfoodie.blogspot.com/2008/04/t...cebox-cake.html

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry, I put my response in the wrong place! duh! lol

Sus, I kind of feel that way too. Believe me I love Steve with all my heart, but if we don't work out life still has to go on. Do I want us to work? Absolutely!!!! Would I leave over something like this situation? NO!!! I'd work it out. I think its a very "real" and valid answer. I think sometimes this whole immigration thing can be a bit overwhelming. Even if I was married to an USC I would still feel the same way because a man is a man. The only difference is the circumstances that brought us together. I refuse to stay in something thats not healthy if the time comes. I have been by myself 7 years before Steve and I would gladly do it all over again if it meant my piece of mind.

Again, just my opinion.

Timeline
SHEMSTER!!!!!

girl i can't imagine my daughters and roger talking bout boys.. he will chat bout getting the gun LMAO

That's why I was so confused last weekend. We talked about it again last night...she's a great kid. We should be extremely thankful we don't have any issues out of her. He needs too loosened up some things.

A guy asked her on a date last week. She put everything on her terms...she wanted to have a coffee date (walking distance so she didn't have to get into his car) so they can discuss film studies (two nerds) after school. I thought it was a good idea while Damien almost had a heart attack :blink:. They were home by 5. Plus she asked Damien her opinion because it meant a lot to her. I asked Damien how many teenagers would have done that???

How old is she? Thats commendable!

She's 17.

Thats really wonderful!

Timeline
I'm finding that I need at least 3 certified copies of my marriage certificate: one for AOS, one for JA Citizenship, and one for getting my passport updated. Plus I like having an extra for the occasions I need to show it, such as at the SSA & DMV. Had I known, I'd have gotten more copies the first time.

Yep, I got 4 copies in the beginning knowing we'd need them for various things.

Who was it that child's father sent them the Paper's song in an email

I cant remember who that was but everytime I hear the song I remember that. lol

Ells

girl if that was me I would have been the same exact way so like Q said yes do yo ting gal :dance:

That was Q whose ex sent the song!

Thanks JQ, I know I overreact sometimes but I think I had the right last night.

I didn't 'make' him do anything....I did however put some things to him in a way that made him understand my anger & he made the decision to call him back on his own. And I've thought about this 'resenting' thing....if he wants to resent me for whatever interference he thinks I may be throwing, that's fine. I'm not so attached to anything in life (except for my Mom & my own well-being) that I can't let it go. If he has a problem in the long run with the way things have gone, he can choose to do whatever he wants about it, including leaving. I don't want that to happen, but I also am not going to walk on eggshells to make sure my man stays with me even when something really bugs me. I've been there & done that. Those days are over.

His dad didn't have contact with him because it wasn't convenient for him, plain & simple. His Mom would've been happy for her son to have some support & help through life but since it wasn't easy, he chose to ignore that he existed. How you can provide for all your other offspring & send them off to school & what not & leave one kid out of the mix (probably because his mom was a poor country girl that came from a poor family....since we all know that happens) is beyond me. But that's neither here nor there. However, far as I'm concerned, he doesn't have the right to manipulate him by threatening (without actually threatening) not to hang out with him & to get mad when he doesn't get his way. Last night when he called him to say don't come, his dad's response was, "see you around then!" ####### IS THAT???

Ells - Please don't think I am trying to jump all over you - For me, sometimes it is best when I vent and rant and rave to have someone else throw it back in my face and point out how I sound - It just helps me to figure out the right path to follow or the right way to handle something -

I understand your frustration, believe me - and I think you are right in voicing your opinion to your husband - I just think it's important to let him make his own choices and sometimes you have to bite your tongue and let him figure it out, as hard as that is to do -

My concern is the part that I have bolded - You MARRIED this man - for better or for worse - You need to keep that in the forefront of your mind - cause Lord knows that marriage and a relationship is hard enough without the added stress that this whole immigration thing puts on us -

I feel ya Sus, and I do appreciate the feedback whether I agree or not. And with a lot of what you all have said, I do agree & need to remember these things. And point taken....I married him & I don't take that lightly....there is a reason I waited this late in life to take that big plunge. I'll keep in mind what you've all said about allowing him to make his own decisions and letting him be a man. I'm still gonna give him my perspective though! :thumbs:

Alright, likkle more yardies, off to lunch & my co-worker friend & I are having sushi!

Edited by Ellsinlove

Hi Ladies, I'm back, I had to do a little work today! What did I miss? Man we can talk... :yes:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
:dancing::devil: Felt so good not be alone in my bed any more.

I know that's right!!

Finesse I will be winterizing the house and working on my inside amazon Banana trees everywhere is a jungle in there. Maybe hit the malls I have a Secret Santa and I just want to shop haaaa.

What's involved in winterizing your house?

I put in 4 new windows, a screen door, and this weekend I am buying insulation to put under my back porch. My house sucks!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Today is Damien's birthday. I put a gift bag and a cake in his car while he was working. He always listen to music in his car during lunch. He was so surprised :D

Shemmy that was so sweet!! Awww...what a nice surprise for him! :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
He doesn't know what bad weather is??? We've driven around Jamaica in monsoon-like rains & it was pretty dyam nerve-wracking. And that wasn't even in the pitch black, it was daylight. I fully support him in visiting with his Dad & getting to know him BUT I will not tolerate the change of original plans & crazy hours that effect my schedule when I'm the one getting up to go to work in the morning. Sorry, that's where I draw the line! If he wants to pick him up as planned (today) during normal hours, go for it! Have fun!

Ells read what you wrote again and tell me do you sound like a concerned wife or a mother?? Not picking fights chica you know I love you to pieces I just want you to really look at how you sound.

Are you the only child?

You know ice and snow is totally different. That's all the point was.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.